Page 4 of 431 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    ^ That trail sucks. I mean, it really, really sucks. The views are horrible, the trail is way too smoov, and the last .098 is the worst piece of trail I've ridden...EVER!!!

I know Lph will agree with me, especially about the last part.
    I love how it says .098 miles on the trail sign.

Sooo, did Lph have an "issue"? Let's hear about it.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

Thunder Mountain is definitely on my to-do list. So is a nap.

I'm going to slay that trail . . . . in my dreams.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    I love how it says .098 miles on the trail sign.

Sooo, did Lph have an "issue"? Let's hear about it.
    Yes, he was pissed off at the liars who made that sign...VERY pissed off...in fact, he was so mad he was giggling like a little schoolgirl. I mean, when a full grown man giggles like that, you know it's bad.
    Last edited by Arty50; 06-13-2008 at 03:35 PM.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Nice Mr. AG! Damn I can't wait to get down there and ride. Gonna need my 2-ring setup working for that one though.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Here's a couple from last weekend

Blue Mtn, looking over Missoula

Some smoove single track thru the balsamroot up Pattee Canyon

Don't call it a come back:

Photo Mike Chilcoat

Took the new camera out to hood river a weekend or two back. Here are a few I took before I realized that forgetting to take the polarizer off + low light = blurry riders.

That hood river stuff looks fun.

Didn't get much riding done this weekend.

But I did build a sweet new rack for the bikes.

Sundance this past weekend. Not super amazing, but way fun.

you sketchy character, you

One from yesterday.

A crappier shot from today.

Shortly after heard a loud *snap* sound. On the bike. Couldn't find anything, so rode on. No noise. A few minutes later, my drive side crank arm fell off. Oops. Never broke a crank bole before. A ride ender ~ 1/3 into what I'd planned for the day. Had a beer, went home and replaced the snapped bolt. Same cranks on two bike, so figured it'd be good to have a spare bolt kicking around in the parts bin...

Quote Originally Posted by altachic View Post
    Sundance this past weekend. Not super amazing, but way fun.

sweet ass pick of you on "Kimber's Drop" - ask her to tell you about it some time
    current ventures:

<<| Downhill-Divas |>> social network for women's mountain biking, skiing & snowboarding!
    twitter.com/elisabethos
    Adventures in Search & Social Marketing
    ...pmgear...

slave2gravity (white) came up to Tahoe for some riding w/ me (red) last Fri/Sat...
    Emigrant Trail on Fri

Rest on the TRT from Brockway Summit to Tahoe City on Sat. Unfortunately the smoke/haze kept us from seeing those clear shots of the lake and surrounding mountains...

Quote Originally Posted by scrublover View Post
    Shortly after heard a loud *snap* sound. On the bike. Couldn't find anything, so rode on. No noise. A few minutes later, my drive side crank arm fell off. Oops. Never broke a crank bole before. A ride ender ~ 1/3 into what I'd planned for the day. Had a beer, went home and replaced the snapped bolt. Same cranks on two bike, so figured it'd be good to have a spare bolt kicking around in the parts bin...
    If you change your crank bolts to steel, you wont need a spare.

Those alloy crank bolts just aren't dependable.
    The coefficent of desireability is inversly proportionate to the degree of availability.

Quote Originally Posted by 1wsguy View Post
    If you change your crank bolts to steel, you wont need a spare.

Those alloy crank bolts just aren't dependable.
    The spare is steel. Considering it took three years for that one to break though, I'm not too worked up over it.

It's from an older ride. Haven't taken pics on a ride in a while.

Today at playtime:

Nice and smooth LZ on this one. Working up to one a little bigger than this in there, that has a bit of a gap that sketches me out.

IMO, this would have made a better drop from the rock up top, but then I didn't build the trail. Or maybe a skinnier skinny instead.

A side line - up the backside, then down the nose of the rock - right back onto the main trail.

Lotsa more good stuff in this area. It'll take some more exploring for me to figure out all the various loops and connections.

Great thread and great shots!

Lovin' Scrublover's first pic - we have alot of that kind of stuff here too (and riding it with fully rigid = pretty cool in my book, heh)

Here's a few ones I shot recently. I was riding solo this time, so no action shots...

Some more and bigger pics (just click on the pic) and a short descpription of the location can be found here: http://homeboyski.com/2008/06/12/mou...inola-finland/

(The post was quite unfinished as I was really busy...if someone REALLY is interested in riding in our country, shoot me a PM )
    "Average summit heights are around 1000m to 1200m but on the high glaciers of the main Lyngen Peninsula there are summits over 1400m with Jiehkkevarri being the highest at 1834m above sea level."

Kenosha to Georgia Pass to Keystone to the Bluegrass and Brewfest and back to Kenosha

I have enjoyed this thread so I thought I would resurrect it with some weekend pics. It was one of the bigger rides I have done in awhile, and so satisfying. 19 hours in the saddle over 2 days.

On the way back...

Convinced Mrs. C that flats are cool. Sad Santos and I yesterday taking the ladies out. Following a day of rain...oh so nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by hev View Post
    Don't call it a come back:

Photo Mike Chilcoat
    whoa....missed this one

That's a friggin sweet shot!
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Bump cuz this forum has been lacking in ride pics lately. Git sum this weekend!

(my excuse - my PnS camera died a month or so ago...ugh)
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Don't think I've posted these?

Wifey and I had a wedding to hit south of Boston Saturday. Packed a bike along, and got a couple hours of zooming around the Vietnam trails kinda-sorta on the way home today.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

The object of my ongoing obsession, so much so I have been on only a handful of trail rides all summer. I would just rather go dirt jump. A line coming back is in the process of being built.
    Oh, and this is in a city park, built by people hired by the city.

Only have the pano because I'm pretty much the only one there when I go. I guess the dirt jump crowd doesn't like early mornings.

Oh, wait, I did get this shot. My only company on a perfect Saturday morning..