Need maggot advice for Utah ski resorts in December

Hello,

this year I decided to spend the extra cost to fly from Orlando to Salt Lake City. Last year the flights to Denver were cheaper, and I decided to go with a Winter Park, Colorado deal instead. This season however, due to hearing so much good info on Utah skiing (from this forum), I intend to fly to Salt Lake City even if I get better deals elsewhere again. My ski vacation will be the beginning of December, on a Monday through Friday trip... right before the crowded holidays.

Here are how my priorities rank:

1) I like uncrowded mid-level groomed terrains that are waiting to be carved with Atomic SL:11.... Slopes that have no powder, no rocks, no mud, no slushy snow (like a 7Eleven slurpy)! Exactly like you see in the first few lines of pictures here:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
    The sound under your ski should feel like you are on a train that's changing railroad tracks!

2) Trails as long as possible

3) Possible night skiing as well. I am willing to ski from 8am to 10pm if possible.

4) Cheapest lodging possible, with some form of transportation ride to the ski resorts. I don't really know if it is cheaper to sleep in Salt Lake City and ride a bus to the resorts daily, or if I can find a better deal in the mountains, closer to the ski resorts. Utah transportation: http://www.rideuta.com/ Car-rental is pretty much out of the question... the last thing I want to try is drive in an unfamiliar territory on zig-zag icy roads.

5) I prefer trying several resorts instead of one resort for 5 days. When I was in Reno, two years ago, the hotel provided transportation choice to 3-4 different resorts daily... that was great! So, I've heard good stuff about Deer Valley and Alta, but I see they are not too-close to each other.... If there is no convenient transportation between all the resorts on a daily basis, then I might have to settle with one resort for 5 days.

I might be willing to reverse priority 4 and 5 as well. Thanks.

Please respond here. http://forums.epicski.com/showthread.php?t=59197

-Aristotle

Wow.

Ok, sure, why not, what the hell.

Fly to SLC, take Canyon Transportation up to Park City, stay in cheapest possible place there in town (not right in downtown PC, but on the way in, in between I-80 and Park City), then use the busses to ski Deer Valley, Park City, and The Canyons, which are all pretty much right there.

By far the closest setup to what you want in the SLC area.
    Last edited by Chris Knight; 09-27-2007 at 09:22 AM.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hobbit View Post

1) I like uncrowded mid-level groomed terrains that are waiting to be carved with Atomic SL:11.... Slopes that have no powder, no rocks, no mud, no slushy snow (like a 7Eleven slurpy)! Exactly like you see in the first few lines of pictures here:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...-8&sa=N&tab=wi
    The sound under your ski should feel like you are on a train that's changing railroad tracks!

Does satisfy #1? I plan on using PMTS technique with my Atomic SL:11.

heh. ok guy...have fun...
    Everything is coming up Brady.