Disc Brake JONG Question

So, I just bought my first bike with disc brakes. I used to work on my bikes myself, but I haven't in about 8 years, so I've lost a little savvyness. My front disc sounds like it's catching even when I'm not grabbing the lever. Is there a way to adjust the brake away from the disc? Brake is a Hayes MX4 Mechanical Disc w/ 6” rotor. Thanks
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

the pads on the MX4 should be adjustabe on both sides.
    for the outside use the barrel adjustment on the handle bar lever (just like your old V or canti brakes)
    for the inside pad, look for a 4 or 5mm allen key adjustment. Might be locked in place with a thin 2, 2.5 or 3mm allen key? if it doesn;t move right away don't force it.
    also back the inside pad out all the way, some bearing grease on the threads, and re-install. last year they had a habit of locking to the brake body

Thanks a lot mang. I'll try that in the morning. Have you been able to ride a lot this summer, or still rehabbing?
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

riding has been good, back still hurts, but on the bike it is usually fine. thanks for asking

^^^glad to know the riding's going well. Hopefully the back will get stronger before you start putting down turns. Anyway, it looks like when the shop connected the break pad mechanism to the fork, it was on a little crooked. I straightened it out, backed out the inside pad about a 1/6 turn of the wrench, and it works like a dream. Thanks again.
    -Bum Z 1/30/08