Summit County Hostels

I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with the hostels that are in Colorado....specifically the 4 in Summit County. Are they usually booked solid on the weekends?

Our group of friends that are trying to put together a ski house for the winter are having a hell of a time finding a place that allows pets and one of the couples just bought a dog. I love dogs, but such bad timing.

Thank you for the help.

For anyone else that is interested, you can find listings at this website.

http://www.hostelhandbook.com/usa/coother.htm

boot the one couple from the house or make them have friends take care of the pup (if and only if said friends can care properly), and stick with the ski house if you're going to be a weekend skier. as a vague measuring stick, 3 bedroom for $1800 should be achievable, although this late, maybe more like $2000 for same. Stack as many people as you are comfortable with in order to get price down to where people can afford it.

try Wildernest Prop Mgmt, and look in the Keystone area, as it is sometimes overlooked for Dillon/Silverthorne/Frisco proper.
    Thrutchworthy Production Services

Andy and Nikki run the Fireside Inn, which is probably the nicest and cheapest Hostel in Summit county. They have 2 poodles(real ones, not the crappy show dogs that are real friendly), but I have no idea what the animal policy is. I would recommend them.

I would not stay at the Alpine Hutte lodge.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, the couple with the dogs are the ones that know everyone. I just moved here and the other people I know already live in the mountains....I just can't impose every weekend. It just would not be right.

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately, the couple with the dogs are the ones that know everyone. I just moved here and the other people I know already live in the mountains....I just can't impose every weekend. It just would not be right.
    Oh dont be silly...IMPOSE......its what ski bumming is all about...MOOCHING..

Enjoy the winter...it aint Utah, but it should be OK.. ;-)

M

Unfortunately, I am not a ski bum....wish I was but it is just not possible (cannot default on student loans )

The problem is not him anyhow...it is his girlfriend. Girls are just not as understanding....I mean one weekend a month is double for sure....but 3 or 4 is too much. If I don't find a ski house to join...I will have to use places like the hostels...maybe buy a tent.

I wish I could find somewhere to park a camper for the winter....you can get a truck camper cheap.....I don't have a truck...but I could borrow one to get it there.

Anyone know any places to park a camper for the winter in Summit County? I don't really need any hook-ups....just use propane for heat....use the bathrooms at the hill and buy one of those tiny honda generators for lights and the heater fan.

Any help in the camper area would be appreciated....and rewarded with permission to crash....
    Last edited by gretch6364; 09-26-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Unfortunately, I am not a ski bum....wish I was but it is just not possible (cannot default on student loans )

The problem is not him anyhow...it is his girlfriend. Girls are just not as understanding....I mean one weekend a month is double for sure....but 3 or 4 is too much. If I don't find a ski house to join...I will have to use places like the hostels...maybe buy a tent.

I wish I could find somewhere to park a camper for the winter....you can get a truck camper cheap.....I don't have a truck...but I could borrow one to get it there.

Anyone now any places to park a camper for the winter in Summit County? I don't really need any hook-ups....just use propane for heat....use the bathrooms at the hill and buy one of those tiny honda generators for lights and the heater fan.

Any help in the camper area would be appreciated....and rewarded with permission to crash....
    Ahhhh I did not know this was that type of situation..I can understand...I dont know how my lady would feel if I had another lady crashing at my pad for extended periods of time.....

Im sure you'll find something....have faith..

M

I appreciate the sympathy.....but I am not a girl....I know the screen name is confusing and I should change it...(long story)....but either way...if your in a long-term relationship you should still get the..."I don't want your buddy crashing on our couch every weekend for 6 months"

I am still pretty new to Colorado and everything I look at is either out of my price range or doesn't work for someone else. I found one monthly camp rental.....$450 a month! I can only swing $250 a month at most.

I just don't want the season to be here and me still looking for something. Just hoping some mag was in my situation at one point and has some advice/insider knowledge/hook-up.

Thanks again.....the search continues.

I appreciate the sympathy.....but I am not a girl....I know the screen name is confusing and I should change it...(long story)....but either way...if your in a long-term relationship you should still get the..."I don't want your buddy crashing on our couch every weekend for 6 months"

I am still pretty new to Colorado and everything I look at is either out of my price range or doesn't work for someone else. I found one monthly camp rental.....$450 a month! I can only swing $250 a month at most.

I just don't want the season to be here and me still looking for something. Just hoping some mag was in my situation at one point and has some advice/insider knowledge/hook-up.

Thanks again.....the search continues.
    OOps...soory bad assumption....

Hey man...I dont know how old you are, but I still have buddies crash on my couch for months on end and im in my mid/late 30's and married (no kids yet)....I think its about time you tell your buddy to get his lady in check. If you help out with the round the house crap it shouldnt be a big deal...make yourself scarce as much as possible and I dont see the big deal...

Oh well...good luck mang..

M