Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CO 14er Summit

Quote Originally Posted by couloirman View Post
    oh yes, I am still in for this spring. I think a castle/ conundrum trip could be a fun weekend complete with igloos, hot springs, booze and hopefully even a few ladies. I am going to do lowly mt sherman on saturday by myself or with a non mag friend just to see how my legs feel. Hopefully the knees will hold up, and if they do, it will be the first of many more to come. The real question is are you in for the spring sometime???
    If you've got some good ideas to appease the ski boot gods, then I'm all in.

I do hope your wabbly legs hold up this weekend. Katie would really yell at you if you didn't come to class again cuz you died hiking.

The reason I'm not in class tonight is because I was at Larry's until late, and I think the gods liked my jambalaya sacrifice... (They might ACTUALLY work!!!!)

Back on track: I remember eyeing those chutes when I hiked Elbert in Sept. of 2005. I wondered if they were ever skiable, and now I want to ski them.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post

I do hope your wabbly legs hold up this weekend. Katie would really yell at you if you didn't come to class again cuz you died hiking.
    If I die on Sherman, then I probably deserved it...

But yeah, those chutes on Elbert are a lot of fun, the only problem(however minor it may be) is the bootpack back out of the cirque to regain the main hiking trail. It only took us like 20 min but I was so tired and out of water by that point that it seemed like a lot longer than that.
    Last edited by couloirman; 03-14-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Back on track: I remember eyeing those chutes when I hiked Elbert in Sept. of 2005. I wondered if they were ever skiable, and now I want to ski them.
    Yep, the chutes in the Cirque right below the summit are good to go. There are also some chutes south of the summit that look like a ton of fun...

Last edited by powder_prophet; 04-04-2008 at 09:38 AM.
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

If this thing does happen, you can count me in.
    "I just looked down to see if I was wearing my seatbelt, and I'm sitting at my desk in my room."
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/owencaprell/

In for sure.

Hate to be this guy, but can we get the potential dates think tank going? I know that I'm psuedo flexible until April 27 (due in Estes Park for the start of the Summer gig). After that its hit or miss for me.

I propose April 24/25, for no other reason than I know I'm going to be in Colo following a trip back home.

There, I said it. Let's get 'er done!
    An Evolutionary Rider

www.PeaksforPeace.com

Totally in - let's get some dates down!!!

Well, shit, I'll be out of town for basically a month starting on 4/20. Kind of right in the prime 14er season, but oh well. With the snowpack we've got, they'll be plenty left to ski the second half of May. So if there's any interest in doing it that late, let me know!
    Skiing, whether you're in Wisconsin or the Alps, is a dumbass hick country sport that takes place in the middle of winter on a mountain at the end of a dirt road.
    -Glen Plake

so what you wanna do folks? Maybe get a large group of us to take the train to needleton and split up small groups of 3-4 to all ski different 14ers in chicago basin? Im going to do this trip anyway next weekend 14er summit or not, so if anyone wants to join, lemme know. could get some good footage of everyone from across valleys...
    Last edited by couloirman; 05-13-2008 at 12:25 PM.

^^^I see Goldenboy, MBSC & a couple others got all 3 of those last weekend........ some in POWDER!!!

That leaves.............. O N E ............ left for him. Harvard.

I think a group up Elbert would be a good time.

Oh- good luck to GB, amazing!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL