Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

107 foot waterfall, new record

Check this out.

http://www.denverpost.com/extremes/ci_6922295

"amazingly soft, like falling into a bunch of cotton or something." is not what I expected to read.

W

T

F

?????

Balls or stupidity, that is insane!

Thumbs up

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

Rad.

Very glad to see that they didn't do it for Jesus.

no video though...would definitely love to see a clip of that...

There will definetly be video, just not yet. They both film with Young Gun Productions and have been killing it for a while.

1 mile from N. America's biggest chairlift
    Yeah man those guys get it done. their movie will premier at winter OR this January.

Lots more photos of the drop at this site.

http://www.triberiders.ca/Alexandra%...%20Update1.htm

adding Guinness to the game is stupid...in my humble opinion. Running big waterfalls is basically a gamble, with your back and ability to walk as the scratch you have in the game. this whole thing of establishing a "world record" and then putting it out there for people to chase is kind of irresponsible. just run the big drop if you see it and are inspired and keep this dumb little world record title out of it.

btw, give Ed Lucero the sick old guy record for running that drop a few years ago. it ain't like Ed, Tyler and Rush graduated from high school within 20 years of each other. he is an amazing guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harv View Post
    Running big waterfalls is basically a gamble, with your back and ability to walk as the scratch you have in the game. this whole thing of establishing a "world record" and then putting it out there for people to chase is kind of irresponsible.
    give Ed Lucero the sick old guy record for running that drop a few years ago. he is an amazing guy.
    Lets not get into the old debate about world record drops being irresponsible. That is something that can be decided by the athletes who push the limit.

It is inevitable that athletes will push what is considered possible and I find it exciting when accomplished. Same shit when Jamie Pierre did a "WR" head plant last year even though it could be considered "irresponsible." Whether or not the drop should have been ran doesn't matter... it was, now I can look at the photos and say HOLY SHIT!

And yeah, Ed Lucero is the man (from what I have seen on film) but he still came out of his boat on that drop, and Tyler is the only person who hasn't.

Did (t)he(y) land on his (their) head? Without a helmet? Give the glory to god? Quit after he "stuck it"?
    Last edited by Lonnie; 10-04-2007 at 09:43 AM.
    This is the worst pain EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Did (t)he(y) land on his (their) head? Without a helmet? Give the glory to god? Quit after he "stuck it"?
    ??????????

Did I not give enough hints?

Quote Originally Posted by hialtitude View Post
    ??????????

I know about Pierre's record. I don't think that his reasons or technique are relevent to this topic though. Yeah, he is a crazy religious guy who landed upside down on the largest cliff drop ever. I only brought him up earlier because the reasons that people push the limits/records (waterfalls in a kayak) are irrelivent.

Progression will continue to happen for a million different reasons and to say that it is irresponsible is stupid. Somebody else will go bigger and that is their choice. I will continue to sit back and eye fuck the posters of them doing so cus it's fucking crazy to see.

I know about Pierre's record. I don't think that his reasons or technique are relevent to this topic though. Yeah, he is a crazy religious guy who landed upside down on the largest cliff drop ever. I only brought him up earlier because the reasons that people push the limits/records (waterfalls in a kayak) are irrelivent.

Progression will continue to happen for a million different reasons and to say that it is irresponsible is stupid. Somebody else will go bigger and that is their choice. I will continue to sit back and eye fuck the posters of them doing so cus it's fucking crazy to see.

For the record, we agree 100%. I was just being a wisenheimer up above!

Got ya, I missed that the first go around

Why don't you just give Tyler a reacharound next time you see him at Charlie's?

"amazingly soft, like falling into a bunch of cotton or something." is not what I expected to read.
    Makes sense though... all that white water at the bottom would make it like 50% water / 50% air, hence far less dense and softer... Similar to the methane bubble theory for the Bermuda Triangle Ship dissapearances...
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Why don't you just give Tyler a reacharound next time you see him at Charlie's?

Waiting in line at the moment...

"Awesome for Tyler, good article too. Makes me feel a little old. I remember when he was like 13 and kicking everyone's ass on the Alberton Gorge." -jkodadek

Actually, I was a better playboater than Tyler when he was 12.

But only for about 2 weeks.

edit: dude, how did you find that quote on Boatertalk? With its fucked up search feature, or have you been holding that card, waiting to show your genius detective work?
    Last edited by RootSkier; 10-04-2007 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    all that white water at the bottom would make it like 50% water / 50% air, hence far less dense and softer...
    GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This concept, now that it has been illuminated, will REVOLUTIONIZE whitewater boating. Dude, you should attach your real name to that.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    how did you find that quote on Boatertalk?
    Psy Ops in effect

Quote Originally Posted by flatNshallow View Post
    Makes sense though... all that white water at the bottom would make it like 50% water / 50% air, hence far less dense and softer... Similar to the methane bubble theory for the Bermuda Triangle Ship dissapearances...
    Actually, Ed Lucero said that it was the hardest impact he had ever taken off a waterfall in his kayak when he first ran that drop way back. He didn't stay in his boat though so people didn't credit him the the record.

But that is some rad logic right there

Fawk Guiness, Ed's got the first descent. He's the man.

No reach arounds from me though, just respect.

First off, Ed is a super cool guy even though slightly crazy. I have partied/paddled with him a few times in my days.

BUT

You have to stay in your kayak to count it and Tyler deserves it. I have paddled with Tyler a lot and that kid (and his dad) are just amazing cool people.

So those that don't know the full story on about Tyler hucking the big stuff is he has some stuff up his sleeve to "make the margin of error in running bigger waterfalls more in favor of the paddler so that the sport can continue to progress" (This was after passing whiskey back and forth at the Griz game this weekend, so the wording may have been a bit off but the point remains).

Good luck to him this coming week!