Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Originally posted by elevens Can I get a witness.......
    We'll have to wait for CantDog. In other news, Roemer addressed his latest forecast blunder in a report to Jay's home page here .

If Michael Jordon can come out of retirement twice, I thought one time for me was not a big deal. Instead of shooting 50 points, it looks like I shot a few proverbial snowballs over some back-board, because I don't think we will see 2 feet here, but nevertheless, we have some powder.

looks like stowe, smuggs and jay are all on wind-hold right now.
    [talking to self] so stop banging your head against your desk.[/tts]

good call re: the wind, bill.

Ms Keaton (Justine Bateman) was frickinghot. So was her mom.

All you EC magmins better be gittin after it and APK our prayers are with you and yer GF's family...

Well, that was an interesting trip. Cold as motherf-ing balls, and windy too. Like 60mph winds. I havent felt winds blow this hard since sugarloaf(gonzo and honc can vouch for those winds). Definately felt like january, not april.

And nothing was really open, except for the jet. Got a few damn good runs off of that before it shut down, then hiked up to Canyonlands Glade, and hiked to Green Mountain boys before I had to head back to go to work.

It was pretty damn good though. Pockets of really really deep stuff, and then pockets of blue ice. But in the trees and on the sides of trails it was damn deep. Huge drifts built up everywhere, so in spots it was knee deep on the trails. Was thicker pow to so you werent scraping bottom too much.

The rain before really made things interesting though. The base was rock solid, so you really had to be careful in the woods. Twice I came in too hot and lost it, and my hips are feeling my mistakes.

The run of the day definately had to be Canyonland glade. I hiked from the top of Jet over to it(was planning to go all the way over to BBP but decided to check this out first to make sure the hike would be worth it, but unfortunately the jet closed when I got back down to the bottom) and it was untouched, as you can imagine. The sun managed to peak out for a little bit, and there are a few long open lines that looked sooo sooo tasty. To my surprise, the snow was incredibly light...a lot lighter than anything we've gotten this season and lighter than the snow I got out in Utah. Best of all, it was also knee to lower thigh deep! Every turn you pretty much cut to the bottom but every turn caused the snow to explode. Chest shots and a few face shots were gotten, and the fact that it was scratchy underneath was forgotten.

Overall a damn good day. The deep snow and big drifts in spots made up for my balls freezing and falling off.

Tomorrow should be quite good if stuff gets opened, and if the snow keeps up through the evening there are going to be some really really really deep spots. So if you are hungry for one more good ec pow day get your asses up there. I'll be back on wednesday, maybe try big jay.

Best of all tickets were 20 bucks with a pass from another mountain.

Edit: Oh yeah, that Roemer guy is definately full of shit. NOAA continues to the be only forcast I'll put any trust into. I'd love to get the stuff Roemer smokes though, skiing would be a lot more fun! Two feet in spots due to windloading maybe, but on traverses and such it was only 4 inches.
    Last edited by CantDog; 04-05-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Anyone want to hit Big Jay next weekend if conditions are good? (I realize that I've already posted this question)

me me me.

If conditions are good I'm down. If conditions suck, its off to sugarloaf for reggaefest, and drunken park skiing.

I'm planning on hitting Smuggs in the a.m tomorrow. Should be nice as Madonna was on wind hold and it is still snowing. Anyone in the area? Cantdog?
    fighting gravity on a daily basis

WhiteRoom Skis
    Handcrafted in Northern Vermont
    www.whiteroomcustomskis.com

Y'all suck.

Was at the 'cat & SR last week & it was 55deg, foggy...like skiing on a freakin' slushie.

Bah - make a turn for a brotha......Ya bastids.
    We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need? ~ Lee Iacocca

Thanks for the good vibes all. Haven't heard anything yet; I'm adopting a no news is good news outlook.

Well, Wednesday's looking more and more like the day at Jay, at least for mid-atlanticians. Noodles, I'll be in touch- I'm not making that drive to sit on windhold, but if tomorrow is still held and it keeps snowing then it's on. A few unfinished projects left in the face chutes...

sorry vin, I should at least pretend to be a student and go to some classes, but for elevens and APK, maybe I'll see you guys on wednesday?

and epskis: thats what ya get for going to sr

I'll be at stowe tomorrow. SkiJunky was there today, everything except the triple was on wind hold. I guess it was insanely scary/strong win too, no joking around.

Guess all the slush from before froze solid and the wind brought a lot of snow to some spots and took it all away from others. I'm hoping tomorrow the wind will die and the upper mtn trees will have trapped some of the snow.

Big Jay next weekend?? I may be down

crashnburn'd wrote
    Anyone want to hit Big Jay next weekend if conditions are good? (I realize that I've already posted this question)
    'next' weekend meaning the 10th-11th coming up, or

Originally posted by CantDog
    me me me.

If conditions are good I'm down. If conditions suck, its off to sugarloaf for reggaefest, and drunken park skiing.
    CantDog, Reggaefest isn't this weekend, it's next- the 15th-18th, kinda late this year.

dunno if i'll make it up there saturday night yet or not because we've got our first racecar practice of the season that day, but will probably head up at least for sunday leftovers.

Shite, Wednesday sounds like its gonna be good. Time to start working on a way to get out of work and get up there.

Cant - will you be back up there on Weds? Anyone else?

damn, I coulda sworn it was this weekend. Maybe I should try reading dates. Oh well looks like I'll be going to colby anyway this weekend.

Yep stump, I'll be up there wednesday unless something else really good pops up

Aight, I think I'll see you there.

Was the visibility good enough so that you could check out the face at all? How'd the coverage up there look?

Originally posted by Alex P. Keaton
    if tomorrow is still held and it keeps snowing then it's on. A few unfinished projects left in the face chutes...
    oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man, do i wanna hit the straitline two to the skiers left of the saddle, drop eight feet to the apron and bust hard left into the trees, three turns which look like they are about to close you out, only to explode through snowy branch exploder into open field leading to perfect gully and lovey turney knee deep lovelies. stupid acl's. who th efuck needs em anyway.

oh and i wanna huck that drop pow11 and i found in the dip, like fifty more times this season........... cause its so choice. fucking gherwioghrghhjg

Ha! Don't worry man, can't imagine there's enough snow up there to do it anyways... Although if there is....

early sat , i push a mon. meeting off till tues in anticipation of hitting jay on mon., then call and push meeting again to weds in anticipation of jay on tues. and now weds looks to be the best day with the wind factor goin down and i don't have the cahones to reschedule the meeting again....i'm so bummn.....

i can't frkn believe this ...just posted minutes ago and as i'm goin upstairs my wife says, "so did you get the message that your appt. was canceled?" yyyyyyyeeeeeeeesssssssss!
    hope to get my ski bud up there with me and perhaps rip with some maggots....so come on...this could be the grand finale right? and shes still holdn....cantdogs report sounded real promising along with gin's support for coverage in the woods....hope everyone gets up there!

Originally posted by basom
    oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man,oh man, do i wanna hit the straitline two to the skiers left of the saddle, drop eight feet to the apron and bust hard left into the trees, three turns which look like they are about to close you out, only to explode through snowy branch exploder into open field leading to perfect gully and lovey turney knee deep lovelies. stupid acl's. who th efuck needs em anyway.

oh and i wanna huck that drop pow11 and i found in the dip, like fifty more times this season........... cause its so choice. fucking gherwioghrghhjg
    actually, I was talking about hardrider's nut tree. That shit is choice.

Originally posted by Alex P. Keaton
    actually, I was talking about hardrider's nut tree. That shit is choice.
    It's prolly a bit taller now, you'd have to be a tall dude to sample those goods in a simlar manner.

6-9 new inches and definite wind hold. Looking good.

Any news from your girl's family?

Looks like Stowe will still be on windhold today. My house is shaking.

for our sakes, lets just hope the windhold stays up all day, and people dont start hiking or skinning up.

this day couldn't have started out any better:
    1) remembered to move my car before the street cleaner visited for the first time this spring, thus avoiding a tow and $120 payout to Pat's/City of Somerville.
    2) new snow at Jay = 6-9"
    3) lifts on windhold.

tomorrow is gonna be so sweet.