Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Alpental's closing day (4/18): roll call

So, it looks like we may have a small gathering of maggots and kids on the 4/18. This thread is to try to keep track of who's coming, with whom, and what with.

I'll be coming with my two boys, and if I'm very nice to my wife, my little one and her may come.

I can bring some food and a barbeque (small rectangular Weber).

Squirrel99 said he'd be there, and we've heard from the AD, Buster (with his usual caveats), hopefully optics and joshbu. KQ, grrr, char, it'd be nice to meet you...

drC

Allrighty then.... let's get it on!

I think we should try and designate one parking lot area for this Maginion roundup. How about the lot next to Shot 10 restrooms (or whatever they are called). Now if we could only get a large 'festival style' tent to hang up!

Calling all PacNW and other area Minion/Maggots... Stevens and Crystal close on 4/11 so you are expected at Alpental on 4/18
    A lot of us with the Alpe passes can hook up the $20.00 tix so we need to get this roll call going....

1. Dr. Crash
    2. Squirrel
    3. Baker Boy?
    4. Samwich?
    5. Pollard?
    6. Buster?
    7. Joshbu?
    8. KQ? (0kay I'll bring a keg...)
    9. Rusty? I'm sure I left off a whole bunch others- report in, pleaze

Alcoholic? Alcoholics Goesh to Meetings, Ish A DEERUUNNK!!! "hic"
    I'm there FO SHO! i think we should all kick back at lot 3 should be a little less packed.

Gimme a lil' corn snow and all will be well
    Living vicariously through myself…

Lot 3, do I hear a second on that motion?
    Great idea. Front and Center! Then 4pm top of chair 2 to toast the season with your favorite beverage.

I'll try and head up, we'll see.

Drunk now bur lots next to shot 10 spinjds sweet. I havce a grill as well. maybemmett some foljs at the eond tod the season,,
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

Yep.
    Anyone want a ride up?

Thumbs down

I can't ski until someone with some sort of sports medicine background tells me that my knee is just badly bruised and there is no, I repeat NO ligament or tendon damage.

I hope it corns up good for you guys.

Negative. Baker has a Super-G that day. You are all welcome to come up the following week for the Baker closing, though.

Josh, you are hearby cleared to ski

we got M's tix for that day so we'll have to take a rain check.
    Was up today though. It's all good now, but unless there is some cold air coming our way, Alp may not make it another two weeks... at least the top is really starting to thin out.

ain't nothin like a beach party though, wish we could come.

It must be time for a Whistler beach party.
    In drove this drunken madman and stopped on a dime! Unfortunately the dime was in Mr. Rococo's pocket!

Originally posted by tibaher
    It's all good now, but unless there is some cold air coming our way, Alp may not make it another two weeks... at least the top is really starting to thin out.

Forecast doesn't look good. FL above 6000' MSL next 7 days. 8-14 forecast is significantly warmer and drier than normal.

joshbu, hope your knee will be okay. We'd like you around anyways just for chatting / drinking / ...

drC

Originally posted by Dr. Crash
    joshbu, hope your knee will be okay. We'd like you around anyways just for chatting / drinking / ...
    I'll second that. I take it this is an injury sustained in AK? Hope it didn't interfere with your skiing there.

I'd like to make it up the 18th, but can't say for sure yet. We'll see how conditions look. I've got a major, major swim meet I'm competing in the following week and I don't want to do anything that has a remote possibility of affected my performance there. Of course eating a burger and drinking a beer would probably be safe

The more beer you drink the bigger your belly the better you float. Good for most recreational skiers, not sure about competitive ones, but beer is grain, and grain and fibers are good for you.

drC

Not going to make it, I have a class field trip that weekend.

It looks (and feels) like skiing season is over for awhile for me anyways, I can hardly get around due to some soccer injuries this weekend. Have fun.
    "These are crazy times Mr Hatter, crazy times. Crazy like Buddha! Muwahaha!"

I was going to try to make it but am now touring St. Helens that weekend. I was up at Alpy yesterday and it was super fun int eh morning, super sticky icky in the afternoon. Have a great weekend though!!!!
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."

I was at Alpy yesterday as well, It was cool...A little too hungover though.

If I could be involved in your party in upper lot 3 I would appreciate it. I will be there for sure. count me in.

Yeah, yesterday was good. Had a great time, even in the B3's with those slush bumps. And duder, I was hungover also- didn't make it up until 11am so I didn't run into anyone- still managed to churn out a bunch of vert once 'Nash reopened. Next weekend, Crystal closing, then back to Alp for closing weekend. And Duder, come to the party. Seems doubtbul many will be there- but hopefully the skiing will still be good.

Yah, good night of drinking on Sat night. Made it to Alpy around noon. International was crap...but oh well...the vert is good.
    Yah, Crystal this weekend sounds like a must.
    The snowpack at Alpy is dwindling, but I think it'll be okay for the 18th....besides, if not, there is always beer drinking in the upper lot.
    I will post again, but if not...I'm the Snowboarder (yes, snowboarder...but I ride like a skier/ with skiers) in a all green jacket.

Consider this an invitation for closing day at Baker on the 25th. Beach on at the lower lodge!

Originally posted by grrrr
    Consider this an invitation for closing day at Baker on the 25th. Beach on at the lower lodge!
    If you guys are lucky i'll slip and dump beer all over myself again just like last year tall cans of schmidty's in the parking lot until 2 for 1 beers in the lodge after skiing. should be good.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Originally posted by The AD
    I'll second that. I take it this is an injury sustained in AK? Hope it didn't interfere with your skiing there.
    It was and it did, sort of. Twisted the schitt out of it on some breakable crust on a runout a few days after a wind event. I only skiied 3 more times on it, twice in the breakable, and once at the local ski hill in pow. That was OK, though, becuase I only had those 3 opportunities to ski anyways. (Well, I probably could have gotten back to the local twice more, but Eyak's pretty small, and I was convinced I'd seen every square inch of it.)

Yes, was late Sunday too. I spent a loooooonnnnng time at the bottom of Chair 1 with my 4 years old son verbally abusing me (didn't like daylight savings maybe), and looked for you guys (at least Squirrel whom I've met) to no avail.

girlski, what kind of tour on St Helens? I plan to ski it next month (never been there).

drC

Originally posted by Dr. Crash

girlski, what kind of tour on St Helens? I plan to ski it next month (never been there).

drC [/B]
    The trip is still in the works, and I am not the one planning it. Looks like two days, first day will be short and because snow levels are pretty receded, we might be using sleds to get in. Once I find out more info and/or after the trip I will give you all the details.
    "You look like you just got schnitzled..."