Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mmmmmm..... 4 of us are heading up from Truckee to do this a week form tomorrow.... can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    N.U.T - headed up in a week, can't wait. Does any one know which trail segment intersection is close to the Dry Creek store / Umpqua's last resort? Planning to stay there.

Thinking of riding - from Maidu to Umpqua's Last Resort one day, then Deerleap redux on down through Mott on day two. Then to Ashland for two days.
    Jim- We came out at Marsters Bridge and rolled the road down to Last Resort. We had planned to go all the way to Calf, but were slowed up by a detour we took when we discovered the section by Soda Springs Reservoir was closed. That was late August... it would be good to see what the status is. I don't recommend riding the closed segment... considerable fine when you get caught. The detour we took wasn't anything I need to do again... but better than riding road.

The owners of the resort were really nice. The big guy (Frank?) hopped in our car for the drive up to Lemolo and he brought our car back to the resort ($50?)

The Maidu section is not open to bikes (Wilderness area). Don't pass on the Tioga section, but possibly bring lights.

Day One: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/46789945 (Lamolo to Dry Creek)

Day Two: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/46413382 (Marsters to Tioga)

Good eats here: http://www.illaheeinn.net/

We'll be in Ashland all next week (till Friday night). If you guys need a place to crash, you can help offset the cost of our rental I think it's a 3BR place for just two of us and 2 dogs. We're doing UBI.

Put this little ride on your Ashland list. Very fun. Can be shuttled multiple times for maximum fun. http://connect.garmin.com/activity/46789943

Jeff sounds like your crew had a blast up there, hope UBI goes well. I think we are going to miss you guys in Ashland by a day. IF all goes according to plan we will roll into Ashland on Saturday night after hitting the lower NUT (yell if you want to ride it again). I'll give a ring to the forest service up there as well, My strongest recollection is of Deer Leap & it's been calling since hitting it last fall.

Thanks for the tracks, likley will hit Chuck's Chips a few times.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

If I could only ride one section again, it would be Dread and Terror, to the hot springs.

Have a killer trip!

"Bread & Butter" - Yee Haa.

N.U.T was all I remembered and more.
    Flow - Check
    Speed - Check
    Pain - Yeah check
    Dust - nope they made us leave that at the CA border
    Other riders not in our group that were on the trail - 5 in 75 miles (all in the last mile) - so no not really anyone on the trail.
    Beer - very good
    Favorite section - agree with EB Bread & Butter / hot springs.
    Umpqua's last resort - yeah it works well for a quick hit, perfect location, not cheap, not luxury, but it's quiet, dry and they offer a shuttle which is nice.
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.