Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    I have followed this story via the net for so long. I aways thought an hoped that this would end with him beating this cance. TGR has lost a solid maggot!
    Rest in peace

Unhappy

RIP Plakespear

Just so sad...rest in peace Nils.

damn mang...

I lost my breath when I saw this thread title... and I only made it through the 1st 6 pages so far... I can´t really add much that hasn´t been said already, but I feel the need to post here. I feel fortunate to have met and skied with you, if only a few times, and am a better person for haveing known you. Having only shared a couple of ski days with you, and a couple of beers... I didn´t know you well. But through this community, and your constant battle to survive, you inspired myself, and obviously this entire community and I do feel like I knew yuou well. For that I am grateful. Condolenes to your family, and all your friends here and everywhere-
    Brian

Wow. I just heard this morning. I kind athought Plake was doing OK. I guess things change fast.

RIP - Nils

I just logged on for the first time in days.....I am shocked and dismayed. While we never met he touched me deeply. Nils, may all your days contain powder. Rest in peace friend.
    Courage + believe = life. Life is not about how many breaths you take. It's what you do with those breaths

a sad end to TGR's most hope-inspiring stories. RIP
    Days on snow this season: 54 Last Season: 83

www.poachninja.com

I felt douchey but I was tearing up in biology class when I opened this thread.. RIP Nils
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

In Anchortown looking to get my career on track
    ^^^no reason to feel douchey, when you know someone who loses there life, it is not a reason to feel self conscous, but a reason to reflect on what life means to you and how you are living yours
    Our world is full of surrender at the first sign of adversity, do not give up when the challenge meets you, meet the challenge. Through perseverance comes the rewards, the rewards that make life so enjoyable.

Seize the day, trusting little in the future.

if you want something, go after it. if you want to screw someone over, look DEEP in your heart and realize Karma is a bitch

http://arcticcycles.com

After a long time of lurking and never posting, I need to express my gratitude and deepest respect for this man who has never stopped fighting and living life to its fullest. I never even met you, but your story has been a constant source of inspiration for all of us.

Rest in Peace, Nils

i am sick. god speed nils

I lost my mom to cancer 4 weeks ago, and hearing this reopened that recent pain for me when I read the post last night. I'm another semi-lurker who never directly spoke with Nils, but followed his reports and ups and downs on the board, since Powdermag.com even. I think an important lesson to learn from him is to never stop fighting when you have a disease. Look at the quality time he had skiing last season, that is inspirational.

Brother, may your powder be deep and dry and may you always have change for a nickel.

Such sad news, Nils rest in peace brother!

Evil disease. Doesn't discriminate, and always seems to take the good ones.

I echo all those who never met you but enjoyed your stoke and followed your battle on line.

RIP Plake
    ...what? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

Rest in peace. I never met him but was always in awe of his toughness and upbeat attitude in the face of so much difficulty. I knew the odds were stacked well against him, but at times I honestly thought he could recover. The silver lining is that I am glad that he no longer has to fight cancer. He deserves a rest.

My most sincere and heart-felt condolences to all of those who knew him in real-life.

godspeed nils. my heart goes out to you, your family, and all of your friends.

Goodbye friend. I know Nils is looking down the best untracked lines right now. And knowing Nils - if any of us were there he'd give us first tracks. I know that we're all better for having known him.

Nils was one of the coolest mags I've had the pleasure of talking to. He used to always check in on me to make sure I was ok when I had my problems. He always cared so much about others when he really needed to be worrying about himself.. I raise a glass to my friend Nils. RIP my friend.
    "JONG!!!!!" is the sound a lift tower makes when a gaper runs into it.
    -Observed at Brighton, UT

Days on snow 2007/2008 season
    Backcountry: 11
    Lift served: 11

Fuck. I just was thinkin about him and logged in to check on things. Not the news I wanted to find.

RIP man, fresh tracks for ever now!
    Kansas - First Of The Rectangle States

I can't lie and say that I knew Nils well or anything like that.

But from the outpouring of support and what I have seen and read from him on these forums it is obvious he was an awesome guy. It is beyond sad to see this happen and I will miss his stoke.

Fuck cancer.

RIP Plakespear

what kind of thing is this,
    to cry over someone never met?
    The downside to horizons
    broadened by technology
    is sadness when some pass.

But I will take that sadness
    for it comes with long memory
    of those who live with such force
    you feel them through the miles
    and days and years shared."

Yeah.. I'm not a poet, but I sit here teary eyed, wishing i'd made it to NY sooner.

Peace to you, and to us, coping with the hole left from your passing.

Though I seldom post on this board, I've followed the adventures of Nils quite a bit. He's a true inspiration and I'm horribly saddened by his passing.

RIP Nils... I wish I could have bought you a beer. Since I can't anymore, I'll try my damndest to live life to the fullest and not whine nor worry about the silly little things. Your struggle has put a lot of junk in perspective for me. I'm raising a glass for you tonight, buddy.

I've only had brief correspondence with Nils, but I can't help but be deeply saddened by this. Super crappy. Rest in peace Nils.
    [dk_ak] : they don't lke it when they see my lil dingy
    [dk_ak] : i tell them it is just a tug boat