Unhappy Hurt shoulder :( WWMD?

Ok heres how it happened:

Playing lacrosse, right about to deck this one kid but not quite there, all the joints in my left arm locked for some reason, and I get pushed from behind, HARD, into him. Slam into him with arm still locked (elbow, wrist).

I fall onto the ground in pain because suddenly my whole upper left arm is throbbing and I feel like I have 1/2 feeling in my left hand.

Oh, shit.

I get up, take off my pads, wait out the rest of practice, go home and take a hot shower and then ice it all night until I go to bed. Take advil for swelling and pain.

Today (day after):

I am experiencing massive pain in my upper arm, all the muscles, whenever I move it beyond a very small circle (elbow within 8" of where it rests on my torso with my arm straight). I have continued to take advil.

No pain in the location of the rotator cuff or the shoulder itself, just the muscles in the upper arm hurt really badly anytime I move and REALLY hurt if I use that arm to lift/push anything.

The problem is that on Saturday I'm flying out to LCC and spending a week at Alta, which will in all likelihood be my last real skiing of the year (except for a gimpy spring trip up to sugarbowl in late april). I think I can ski with this but I wanted to know, if there are any docs/maggots with shoulder injury experience, how much I have to lose/how much more damage I can do. THanks

-john

Here's a bright idea:

Just fucking go to the doctor!