Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knight View Post
    I think a couple of you are misunderstanding a bit?
    This wasn't an independent group buy, nor is there another one occurring.

Ptex owns a shop. When it was time to order stock for this year, he got commitments and cash up front for the Duke's from people here, and increased his order by the number that were paid for at that time. In return for the early purchase, he gave a bit of a deal (the exact discount is to remain shhhh).

Seeing all the demand and hearing that Marker would be selling out/short, it appears he ordered an additional total 50 pairs for the shop.

If you want to buy one of those pairs, contact him and he'll sell them to you, again at a discount from what people will get in his shop, but not as discounted as if you'd given cash early so he could include the number as a sure sale in his first order.

Not that it makes a huge difference to you - I'm just trying to clarify here.

The bindings will be in his hands regardless - he's not waiting on additional interest to do a "group buy." He put in an order, and he'll have them on hand when they arrive.

Gotcha. Yeah, I was just wondering how much the 50 additional pairs of Dukes were going for. Is there a better way to get a hold of ptex, other than a PM? I don't have any contact info for him.
    Old's Cool.

No worries, I hear ya. Like I said, didn't think it made a difference, we all just care about the price, right?

I thought there was an email addy for him floating somewhere...hang on...
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Here's a phone number from an old thread.
    Not sure if it's a home, a shop, in use, or what.
    Hope it's okay to repost this - it's posted in lots of old threads
    406-670-7944
    Name is Tim
    Other than that, he does everything via PMs
    Last edited by Chris Knight; 09-12-2007 at 09:13 AM.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Knight View Post
    Here's a phone number from an old thread.
    Not sure if it's a home, a shop, in use, or what.
    Hope it's okay to repost this - it's posted in lots of old threads
    406-670-7944
    Name is Tim.
    Thanks for doing my homework for me.
    Old's Cool.

Thanks Ptex !!!!!!

PSYCHED!
    I see Blue; He looks glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Attorney View Post
    Well fuck me running. Did someone really just post a thread called "Marker group buy" and everyone is psyched? Never thought I'd see the day.

As Your Attorney, I advise you to stop the car, open the trunk and pull out the mescaline, cause we're goin for a ride. Most likely ending in a pre-release.
    bummed you didn't get in on the group buy eh?

buckethead where you getting your dukes mounted?
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

^ if i get to go north before i use 'em, peak performance at k'mart - those guys repaired a nasty core shot year before last and the patch is mint after a good bit of abuse.

otherwise, i take my skis to high adventure in latham - they're the best shop in the region IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^ if i get to go north before i use 'em, peak performance at k'mart - those guys repaired a nasty core shot year before last and the patch is mint after a good bit of abuse.

otherwise, i take my skis to high adventure in latham - they're the best shop in the region IMO.
    yeah I was thinking High Adventure as well just didn't know if they were going to have a jig

but I'd trust Daryl or Jay with a freehand mount
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

^ they are a marker dealer, and have been selling AT gear, so i'd bet they have a jig, but yea, those guys are pro's pros in my opinion.

ptex1 - how much are you selling them for now, if you were not a part of the group buy? You mention you ordered 50 extra.
    "Can't vouch for him, though he seems normal via email."

Bump...any word? Isn't this the third week in september?

I spoke to ptex the night before last and he expects to be shipping in about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. He had some explaining to do to Marker as competitors were screaming about the price he was offering on this. That caused a few problems but he assured me it's sorted out.

He can tell the competetion that none of us would have bought them if they cost more. All we did was use up some of marker's supply we didn't jip anobody out of any buisness. Well, at least thats the case for me, anybody else out there want to pay $475 for these things?

Thanks again ptex1

Allen
    Alcohol Caffeine Taurine Hybrid
    If it can be done it can be won

Without a chainsaw silviculture is just a theory

Quote Originally Posted by allenataylor View Post
    He can tell the competetion that none of us would have bought them if they cost more. All we did was use up some of marker's supply we didn't jip anobody out of any buisness. Well, at least thats the case for me, anybody else out there want to pay $475 for these things?

Thanks again ptex1

Allen

Couldn’t have said it any better myself! Maybe the weekend beater who works on Wall Street & make his annual ski trip out west has and has to have the absolute best & newest technology doesn’t care about getting RIPPED OFF at retail. Most people will want a decent discount. I believe these things will be selling for around the so called group buy price by mid season anyway.
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

No free hand mounts on my watch. I'm making Duke templates.

Get yours here:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=95316
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

It would be nice to hear from ptex about this. I have plenty of patience (clearly since we paid months ago) but am getting a little concerned. About a week ago, I was talking to my ski shop guy, putting some more money down on my new skis. He asked what I was mounting on them. I said dukes, I'm getting them elsewhere, I'll give them to you to mount. He said: "did you order them through the tgr deal? if you did, you'll be lucky to get them."

Anyway, if ptex says we are getting them, I'm fine with that, but I'm just getting a little worried.

so whats marker going to do, not take the order from Ptex's shop

if they don't thats weak on their part

I love how companies like to sing the praises of the "free market"

except when the consumer figures out how to use it to their advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    He said: "did you order them through the tgr deal? if you did, you'll be lucky to get them."
    BUM bum bummmm [/ominous music]

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Patrol View Post
    I said dukes, I'm getting them elsewhere, I'll give them to you to mount. He said: "did you order them through the tgr deal? if you did, you'll be lucky to get them."

Anyway, if ptex says we are getting them, I'm fine with that, but I'm just getting a little worried.
    yeesh.
    now i'm getting a wee bit concerned...

any word on this Ptex?

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    so whats marker going to do, not take the order from Ptex's shop

if they don't thats weak on their part

I love how companies like to sing the praises of the "free market"

except when the consumer figures out how to use it to their advantage

Boy they'd be absolutely crazy to do that! The best thing they could ever do is get a bunch of mangs around here out using their product, ESPECIALLY since they have not been much of a favorite around here. This could be the cheapest advertising with HUGE potential they could ever have. It’ll be interesting to see how it shakes out.
    "If you are prepared for zombies, you are prepared for anything"

De Oppresso Liber

just think positive thoughts and things will all work out.

^^^^ Exactly. If Marker kills this deal, which is completely legitimate, all my friends will hear about it. I already have a bunch of people waiting to see how I like them first before they spend the $$$.

Duke is a perfect chance to change opinions around here, why throw that opportunity away? In fact, if I was Marker, there are at least a dozen people on this board who I'd give a free pair to just to get the word out.
    Last edited by Atlas Q. Powmonger; 09-20-2007 at 11:58 AM.
    I see Blue; He looks glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlas Q. Powmonger View Post
    ^^^^ Exactly. If Marker kills this deal, which is completely RETARDED, all my friends will hear about it. I already have a bunch of people waiting to see how I like them first before they spend the $$$.
    ^^^ Fixed it for ya . If they kill this deal they are losing out on so much business it would be the worst company strategy ever. Marker has a huge hole they have to dig themselves out of and this group buy would have done just that for a lot of people. If they kill this deal, so long $X(insert giant amount of money we have all given Ptex here) and so long to a whole lot of could be potential loyal buyers.

I don't see how Marker could legally kill the deal as long as PTex is buying them from Marker for what all the other shops are. I mean he bought what $100 pair?

And why would all the other skis shops complain. If they really thought about it they would realize that PTex probably is nto going to make much money off of the deal, leaving them with most of the left over stock to sell it at $475 a pop if the word gets out that they are a good binding.

Now they risk allienating a good shop, which in a industry where a lot of deals are still done bartering style is not a good idea, and the potential customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!