Smile Golden, CO people

or anyone in the surrounding area who might be interested...

CSM is having our annual E-Days celebration this weekend, which means it's being kicked off with the best barely legal fireworks show this side of the Mississippi. The show starts at 9pm tonight(thursday), but if you want to get a seat, I'd suggest showing up an hour early. You can always see and hear the fireworks from other vantage points, but I'd highly suggest watching the show from inside Brooks field. The field's located at 12 & Maple, just follow the crowd. Admission is free for everyone(~98% sure of this). This is when the explosives club gets rid of all their unused explosives for the year.

it's gonna be a blast.
    Last edited by swiss powda; 04-01-2004 at 03:23 PM.
    Math illiteracy affects 7 out of every 5 people.

You guys have airplanes at your fireworks shows? Everytime somebody uses those things out here, we always have airplanes!!!

http://www.nifc.gov/gallery/images/cow_hollow.jpg
    French Fries!

no, no airplanes, I think it'd be too dark to see them. Our fireworks are the blinding and deafening kind, death and destruction sort. They set them off on the football field, so you're close to the action. The stadium gets so full, everyone sits in the aisles. Probably wouldn't pass any safety inspections. It's pretty wild.

Originally posted by swiss powda
    The stadium gets so full, everyone sits in the aisles. Probably wouldn't pass any safety inspections. It's pretty wild.
    yeah you gotta be really careful around those crazy engineers ! man before you know it they'll have you doing shots out of pocket protectors and using slide rulers for roach clips. plus when they get drunk they have NO respect for structural integrity, it's just nuts man
    "Do the interns get Glocks ? "

You're at CSM now? I'm going to be a freshman next year. What's your experience been with the school so far? Just curious what major are you doing and are you getting enough days in on the hill or is the workload brutal?

Originally posted by Art Vandelay
    You're at CSM now? I'm going to be a freshman next year. What's your experience been with the school so far? Just curious what major are you doing and are you getting enough days in on the hill or is the workload brutal?
    Yeah, I'm a Sophomore living in the dorms and I'll be living on-campus again next year. You'll hear lots of people complain about the food, but it's gone from worst in the nation to only 7th or 9th worst, so the food's improving. Seriously, unless you're a picky eater there's only one or two days a week where I have to have cereal for dinner. A lot of people don't like the dorms for whatever reason, but since I'm lazy, I like the fact I can walk to class, have someone else clean my bathroom and not have to worry about getting food into my stomach.

As for the skiing, you've got to either have a car, or know someone who does. I screwed that up my freshman year and found it very difficult to find rides up to the mountains without feeling like a freeloader. I was spoiled on the european thinking that there'd be public ski busses, but there aren't so now I have a car. Your freshman year will be the easiest, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. To make sure it is the easiest, go ahead and take the classes you thought you'd skip by taking APs. Like taking Calc 1, even if you passed AP Calc BC with flying colors. It'll be a guaranteed A which will be a nice buffer if you run into trouble later. I think you could easily pull a 50 day season your freshman year and still get a 3.0+ This season I've only pulled 24, but am planning on skiing two days this weekend. Just don't think you'll get homework done the evening you get back from skiing.

Oh yeah, I'm doing Engineering with an electrical specialty.

Let me know if you've got any other Qs.

Originally posted by board
    plus when they get drunk they have NO respect for structural integrity
    Thass funny.

Originally posted by swiss powda
    Yeah, I'm a Sophomore living in the dorms and I'll be living on-campus again next year. You'll hear lots of people complain about the food, but it's gone from worst in the nation to only 7th or 9th worst, so the food's improving. Seriously, unless you're a picky eater there's only one or two days a week where I have to have cereal for dinner. A lot of people don't like the dorms for whatever reason, but since I'm lazy, I like the fact I can walk to class, have someone else clean my bathroom and not have to worry about getting food into my stomach.

As for the skiing, you've got to either have a car, or know someone who does. I screwed that up my freshman year and found it very difficult to find rides up to the mountains without feeling like a freeloader. I was spoiled on the european thinking that there'd be public ski busses, but there aren't so now I have a car. Your freshman year will be the easiest, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. To make sure it is the easiest, go ahead and take the classes you thought you'd skip by taking APs. Like taking Calc 1, even if you passed AP Calc BC with flying colors. It'll be a guaranteed A which will be a nice buffer if you run into trouble later. I think you could easily pull a 50 day season your freshman year and still get a 3.0+ This season I've only pulled 24, but am planning on skiing two days this weekend. Just don't think you'll get homework done the evening you get back from skiing.

Oh yeah, I'm doing Engineering with an electrical specialty.

Let me know if you've got any other Qs.
    pm sent