Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    camping=seconded, i'm broke
    I like cows. Cow are cool.

The NateR will be camping (and natural hot springing).

Personally, I think we should just all camp. Everybody brings something to grill and enough booze to get themselves fully schnookered and then we toss it all in together and have a blast.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

I wouldn't mind camping either, I'll probably join you guys if there aren't enough people for a condo.

I'm so not a camper.

Originally posted by yogachik
    I'm so not a camper.
    me too. let's get a room.
    fine

I'm so not a camper.
    Ghasp....

Now, you've gone too far. Those words must never be spoken.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Well, I don't mind it when it's on the beach...surf trips that involve camping are fun.

But I've spent plenty of time at the hot creeks and have seen the May camping crowd - boy, do I have stories (will tell them when I've had some drinks at the Yoddler).

"Siphon Tub" Little Antelope Valley, nice camp sites near the tub instead of right on the tub. Local pet peeve when people camp right on the tub, but then again who the hell are we? Last 3 days were variable snow conditions; 1ft plus drifted powder in some spots and frozen coral heads in others. We need some warm spring weather for Corn snow!!!!!
    Gave up on the bottle, give me the lobotomy.

Cool

No camping gear, so I'll go pitch a tent with yogachick in the condo
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally posted by DJSapp
    No camping gear, so I'll go pitch a tent with yogachick in the condo
    I've got a couple extra tents floating around.....

Hell, I'm hoping to not use any of them on that trip.

BTW, should I pass this along to Snowjob?
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Originally posted by Telenater
    I've got a couple extra tents floating around.....

Hell, I'm hoping to not use any of them on that trip.

BTW, should I pass this along to Snowjob?
    The problem is, I have no pad or bag (well, I do, but it's a POS). I figured I could find some tent space. And sure, you can pass it along, I was hoping to bag the threesome
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Camping OK with me too. Plus I just realized fishing opener is this weekend so fly fishing gear will be present and maybe some fresh trout will be eaten.
    Nater, this means that if you want lessons bring your rod and I'll show you how to hold it correctly (pee wee t-ball here folks) .
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Talking

Originally posted by LegoSkier

Nater, this means that if you want lessons bring your rod and I'll show you how to hold it correctly

<<Last year we managed to score a sweet two bedroom condo for about $130 a night, this left each of us paying approximately nothing for lodging (OK, $15 a night, but we still spent less on lodging than on beer). I'm more than willing to find a condo this year too>>

I get a discounted rate on a 1bdr/loft with 2 bathrooms that sleeps 6, comfortably. I don't have the exact quote at the moment, but it'll be around $75/night, maybe even less. Anyone interested? If so, I'll book it. (dibs on the queen bed in the bedroom)

Nater, this means that if you want lessons bring your rod and I'll show you how to hold it correctly (pee wee t-ball here folks) .
    Getting a little personal there aren't we?

I'll dig my rod out of storage where it's been moldering for the past few years.

I'll have to find the reel and line that I have. I think the two got separated at some point....
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979

Plus I just realized fishing opener is this weekend so fly fishing gear will be present and maybe some fresh trout will be eaten.
    Yeah, I'll definitely be hitting the usual holes (har, har), but you'll have to bring your own fish. They usually have some that look pretty natural at the Vons in Bishop - "Caught this one with my bare hands!"

I'll probably be there 7th, 8th, 9th. I've got space for two or three. PM me if you're interested.
    Last edited by SponsoredByDuctTape; 04-22-2004 at 01:50 AM.

More important -- anyone wanna carpool from LA? My friend who always goes with me, just dropped out for that weekend of the 6th...

More important -- anyone wanna carpool from LA? My friend who always goes with me, just dropped out for that weekend of the 6th...
    i'm down with it. i'll pay for the gas.

I'll dig my rod out of storage where it's been moldering for the past few years.
    don't be so hard on yourself.
    fine

I'll start with a full tank and we'll carpool - with gas prices as they are, it went from a $70 round trip to $145ish, so I haven't done the drive alone this season. I have a land rover, xm, and an ipod with 4,000 songs. You'll like carpooling with me... Can you go up Thursday the 5th?

depends on whether i'm working or not.

you like xm radio? we rented a car last weekend to drive up to tahoe that had it. rather interesting.
    fine

I love my xm radio! I particularly love it on long drives - I listen to the Discovery Channel, CNN, BBC and the old radio show channel. Plus, I've discovered more new music with xm than I ever did with regular radio.

yeah, we listened to a lot of talk radio.

for new stuff, i just listen to kxlu.
    fine

Since it sounds like there's not enough interest in my big expensive condo, I'd also be willing to go in on this smaller one. I'll carpool too, but I can't leave until Friday afternoon (I'm taking Monday and Tuesday of that week off to "ski" Mammoth ("ski" = getting grilled about technical stuff, having my skiing analyzed under a microscope, and generally not having much fun).

I think I'm going to do the camping thing. Sorry, Matt. Doesn't sound like this condo thing is going to pan out, so I'm switching to camping. Bummer, it sounded like a good idea. But I'm only willing to pay so much for the condo. If it's down to around 20 bones a night, I may do it. But, the lure of the hot springs and seeing all the crazy hippies with my own eyes, well, that's just too good to pass up. Then again, all this talk of the guys playing with each other's rods...well......that's not exactly too fun for *me* now, is it?

So now us Nor-Cals need to figure carpooling. I'll drive to Mammoth if someone else drives to Mt. Hood. Or vice versa, I guess. Any takers??? Arty, Lego, Uber, Nater, Kellie - (please tell me you're going!)? Bueller?
    bc-lovah

DG, I'll drive for Mammoth.

Might end up taking the vehicle part way up Laurel lakes road anyways so AWD would be a requiremnt.

I gots space for 2 more.....

Edit (Just because I've been too polite of late, and I was rushed in my earlier reply):

DG, I'm sure if you ask nicely, Lego and I would be willing to let you play with our rods....

hmm, would have been funnier if I'd been quicker on the draw.
    Last edited by Telenater; 04-23-2004 at 12:03 AM.
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979