Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I could help a couple of you's with 1/2 price vouchers.

Long time no see, talk, ski, whatever. You should be there!

If it's May 8/9 still, I may make an appearance.

Details TBD, but I will be coming from L.A.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

Antisocal, so are you saying you're leaving HellA friday the 7th afterwork, and returning late on the 9th or the 11th? I'm interested in carpooling if you're returning on the 9th. $2.15 gas sucks

BTW, still interested in a cheapo condo.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Originally posted by DJSapp
    $2.15 gas sucks

BTW, still interested in a cheapo condo.
    the lowest i saw this morning was $2.31
    fine

DJ - Carpooling sounds good to me. Just be warned, if we take my car, it won't stand for any of that $2.15 gas, it's got to have the good stuff

Oh and I'm returning on Sunday evening after skiing.

Originally posted by johannus
    I could help a couple of you's with 1/2 price vouchers.
    So tell me more, because I'm interested. Can I claim a couple of 'em?
    Thx,
    -dg
    bc-lovah

$2.15 a gallon?

Yikes. I can see my bank account depleting rapidly in CA.
    Balls Deep in the 'Ho

You can tell it's just about time for the Mammoth Mini, because threads are getting deleted over on the Mammoth Forums:

http://forums.mammothmountain.com/me...&threadid=6349

Asandygal asked when the maggots were coming, since all the Tahoe resorts are closing down. There were a couple of replies where people thought it was insulting to call us Maggots, and then people started talking about how we're really nice people. I then made a very tounge-in-cheek post about how the Mammoth people are all a bunch of gapers and their forum sucks (I made sure to point out that I was just doing this so we wouldn't lose our reputation as a bunch of punks). Atomicboy and asandygal at least got the joke, but then the thread got deleted.

paging tuffy... paging tuffy.... come to the white room courtesy phone (is it time for tuffy110 to make an appearance?)

I think they deleted the thread because you called out Shifty Rider - same thing that riled them the first time. It may have been tongue in cheek, but I can totally see how it was read otherwise.

Gas for my car is $2.45 a gallon - and that's only at the one or two cheaper places on the 395 - the Texaco in Olancha, and Giggle Springs in Bishop.

Divegirl - seems Tyrone Shoe won't be using the coupon - I can give you the one I had put aside for him. I think you can also buy a discounted coupon by phone - the details are buried somewhere in this thread.
    Last edited by yogachik; 04-23-2004 at 12:15 PM.

Originally posted by yogachik
    Divegirl - seems Tyrone Shoe won't be using the coupon - I can give you the one I had put aside for him. I think you can also buy a discounted coupon by phone - the details are buried somewhere in this thread.
    You rock! That would be great. I'll take you up on that offer, and, it will be a good chance to meet another maggette.

Which brings me to say - where are we all meeting on Saturday morning? For those of us actually going in-bounds at Mammoth? Yoga - I'll meet you wherever that is. Sorry if it's already been listed...just want to confirm, anyhow. Thanks.
    bc-lovah

The generic Mammoth meeting place used to be 10 at Mid-Chalet (aka McCoy Station, halfway up the gondola), so I'm assuming that's still the case. If not, it's usually pretty easy to find people at Mammoth in the spring, since the lift layout is basically in upside-down Y, and everyone stays at the top.

On the first day, 10 at Mid is fine. But, I'm not the gung-ho, let's get out as early as possible, girl...unless there's fresh pow. I usually park at Stump, so 10ish there works even better. And, like Anti said, it's all about laps off the top all day - you see the same people throughout.

I'm getting pm's about getting a condo - can we have a definitive conversation about it here? I checked with my friend, and their place is available, but not as cheap as I thought. It's $100 a night with a minimum 3 night stay -- or $115 a night for 2 night stay (has to do with cleaning fees). Last week, we had 4 adults and 4 kids and everyone was comfortable. And, because I know them, check out is at the end of the day on Sunday. Located across the street from the Village (it's behind Nevados). Enormous jacuzzi - best in Mammoth. Showers available for those who are camping - I've had 10 friends there, before.

Showers available for those who are camping - I've had 10 friends there, before.
    all of 'em in the shower at once?
    fine

I'm getting pm's about getting a condo - can we have a definitive conversation about it here?
    Assuming there are 3 or more people (cost under $40/night), I'd definitely stay in the condo.

(I know I mentioned this in a PM, but I thought I'd put it up here so you knew I was serious)

DG -

Meet me outside the Main Lodge ski patrol room at 8a. Just let me know when you'll be here and I'll hand em off to ya. I can help ya with at least one. I'll ask around and see if I can get extras for the other weary, and cash strapped travelers.

j

Pray for windbuff!

DJSapp- I ain't plannin' crap! My contact with the board for the next few weeks and/or months will be extremely limited. However, I could make suggestions...

10:00 both days outside in front of the mid-chalet (McCoy Station) both days sound good?

As for the hot spring campers, one thing to keep in mind is that the weather can turn to crap out there, even in May. I've been snowed on while working in an area less then 1/2 a mile from the hot springs in June.

With that said, there are two hot springs with relatively ample camping nearby that immediately come to mind. I think mountainbored was refering to "Little Hot Creek" when he refered to "Siphon Tub." There's a lot of hot springs out there, so there's a good chance that he's thinking of another one that I know nothing about. In any event, this one has some camping right next to the dirt road with the tub about 200 feet away. Unfortunately, it is a ways out of town (at least a 20 min drive). Even so, this is probably a good place to make a Maggot base camp, as there's a fair amount of camping and the springs can hold about 15 -20 at a time. If this one is full, there's another one simply called "The Tub" that could be used as a back-up. It's closer to 395 and easier to get to. There's a handful of camping places adjacent to the smallish tub and a few more just over a small knoll.

There's a few things that people should know about camping out there:
    1. There's no improvements of any type out there - no water, no tables, no outhouses... nothing.
    2. They're open to the public, so it's first "come, first serve." This is especially true with "The Tub," as it seats only about 5 at a time. This is also true with the camping at either place. I've seen Little Hot Creek get swarmed with groups like ours that have decided to make it thier base camp. Someone else could surely decide to do the same.
    3. They're definitely clothing-optional. You can expect to see anywhere from 2 to 20 naked people at any given time. If this sounds offensive or sexually arousing, just stay away.

MammothWeb.com has a good page describing them in general. It doesn't describe the one's I'm thinking of. To find them, your best bet is to pick up a hot springs guide book. There's a few out that can be found at any Barnes and Nobles. There's also a pamphlet for sale at a few locations in Mammoth that has the best directions.

I think a good apres place would be the Yodler. It's the most obvious (just past the lower gondola station), although kinda pricey for those of us just coming off of unemployment. It's hard to miss. Is the Clocktower still around or did it get decimated with the town improvements? Any other suggestions?

As for late night activities, I vote for beer, charred dead things on a grill and some naked hot tubbin' at the hot springs!
    Fighting foot fungus one public bath house at a time!

My site

<< I think a good apres place would be the Yodler. It's the most obvious (just past the lower gondola station), although kinda pricey for those of us just coming off of unemployment. It's hard to miss. Is the Clocktower still around or did it get decimated with the town improvements? Any other suggestions? >>

Yoddler at the end of the day is easiest.
    Clocktower is still around, it's not going anywhere (Robert and his brother own the hotel now). But sometimes, the guys close in May for a couple weeks. I'll ask them this week.

I reserved the $100/night condo, but haven't officially booked it yet. I have a few days -

so.. im in search of some more turns this season.. and what better than skiing a mountain i dont know well with maggots? im thinking i might head out and meet you all.. id be in for the condo as well. ill know for sure if i can pull this off monday morning.

-Justin

bump

So that's snorkel, antisocal and who else for the condo? The more the merrier (and cheaper). I have a place to stay, but will turn you guys on to the inexpensive(ish) place, or suggest others. Swiss Chalet is super inexpensive in the late Spring...

Whoa, haven't checked in for a while.

Definitely count me in for the condo. WTF is this camping shit? Half the fun of the Mammy mini is going out, getting trashed, and having to merely walk back (or roll, in Pu's case) to the condo.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Originally posted by Telenater
    DG, I'll drive for Mammoth.
    I gots space for 2 more.....
    What dates are you driving? I may be in for this.

work has gotten the best of me this morning.. doesnt look like im going to be able to make it out. however, if its still good the following weekend and people are around, i might come anyways.. ill post when i know whats going on. Thanks for the offer DT.. hope you all have fun.

-justin

Originally posted by Spats
    What dates are you driving? I may be in for this.
    Driving up Friday late afternoon/evening. Back Sunday evening.
    "if the city is visibly one of humankind's greatest achievements, its uncontrolled evolution also can lead to desecration of both nature and the human spirit."
    -- Melvin G. Marcus 1979