Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Alright, let me give this a shot... I am from Minnesota and grew up skiing on a little bump called buck hill. When I entered high school I started racing for my schools ski team and later started racing for ussa. When I was in 11th grade I decided I was going to join the Marine Corps. Two weeks after I graduated HS, I left for boot camp. About six months later I was in need of some money and had my mom try to sell my bindings and she did, only problem was she sold my skies with them My race skies and bindings were sold for a low $250. Over the next five years I hopped from one sand box to the next including Iraq. My heart was to always be in the mountains and I swore to myself that if I made it out of there, I was going to move out west. Well, here I am. I just got out of the corps in June and moved back home for a few months to get back on my feet and last week I made the move to Colorado Springs. I have finally made it and am so happy to be here. However, living on my own and trying to put myself through college at Embry-Riddle buying a pair of sticks for the coming season is WAY out of my budget. So I ask you today, give a guy who has just tried to follow his dreams a chance to get out there this winter. I know it may sound a little sappy, but its a true story none the less. On a final note, if there are any mags out there willing to show a new guy to Colorado the ropes out here or possibly sell some sticks for cheap, send me a PM. Thanks Mags and let us all pray to the snow gods for an early season
    Some people see skiing as a sport, to me its a way of life.

yay. glad you like the idear. I think that there are alot of people who posted in this thread that are needy and deserving. they should all get some time on bros. If we get this going, I'll come up with a digi camera to donate to the travelling skis. and stop saying traveling pants. we have balls, we are men and make fire with flint. we don't have traveling pants. but, adventuring bros are fine with me easy picks the first people and we do this up.

and easy, I'll get you shop form on whatever you want this season, cause I used to go to the public library to read your heating truck bed thread when I was little.
    Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

^^^ 300hp rocks

I think they should travel, and if you agree to take them, you have to post about your time on them in a thread that is dedicated to the travellin' bros. I'd be happy to start them on their journey in Canada...

I NEED these.

Here is my quiver this year-
    Lotus 138
    Atomic Thug
    Dynastar XXL
    Armada Ants
    Bluehouse Districts
    Ninthward Firstblood 190's
    Spats
    Deep Powders

It's obvious I'm lacking in the sub 100mm waisted. Hook me up. Thanks. B-dizzle out yo.

Have I been nominated???

If not, I am willing to pull a bottle of 2006 Carlo Rossi Reserve Chablis out of my cellar which I will gladly share with my nominator. I greatly anticipate recieving these bras in the mail, though I must admit I still feel ashamed that this bra epidemic has spread across the globe and has even infiltrated Le Garaje in Champsonix.

Where am I?

My .2 cents. I think they should go to a MAGGOT and not maggots friend or family member. If they are the travel bro's or Conundrum's idea for the bro's I would be willing to contribute a pair of Salomon demo bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    I NEED these.

Lotus 138
    Atomic Thug
    Dynastar XXL
    Armada Ants
    Bluehouse Districts
    Spats
    Deep Powders

It's obvious I'm lacking in the sub 100mm waisted. Hook me up. Thanks. B-dizzle out yo.
    Enough of the dick waving and just bring that quiver out here and we can see who's is bigger.

Adventuring Bros vs. Traveling Pants. Yes, it does sound manly enough to peak my interest. I would love to see these skis grace me with their presence along their travels. We do not see the Bros very often in Tahoe. And while I have no desperate needs for another pair of skis, the opportunity to demo Bros is much appreciated - to help spread the Truth. When I was at JH, I noticed how many doned Bros at their feet. It does say something about them.

So please send them way out west and I will be sure to get them into some deep. These skis need not fear being left behind in the garage, lonely. They will be on the hill.

Ski season is long off here, but I'm guessing some people don't have too much time before snow starts to fall.

I say; send the skis and binders somewhere to get them mounted. Edit: it was HP's idea. Send them to him, let him mount them (cuz he works at a shop). He can start it off in a couple of months. Take a picture, post it, and advertise who they are going to next.

Simple Rules:

1) They have to go to a maggot.
    2) No more than 2 (ish) weeks with the skis
    3) You have to take a picture with the skis.
    4) Post the name of the maggot you're sending the skis to so no one walks off with them.
    5) The maggots have the power to trump the decision of who you send it to next.

This could be hilarious. The skis should get a very distinctive sticker / paintjob. Something so we all know that those bros are "the ones".

Because the shop I work at didnt buy anything over a 179 for this season.

And my girlfriend just left me cause I chose her over moving to Snowmass and the "commitment I displayed scared her". She wants to see other guys.
    [dk_ak] : they don't lke it when they see my lil dingy
    [dk_ak] : i tell them it is just a tug boat

Did I mention that I have a small penis?

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    Many times.

Quote Originally Posted by japollner View Post
    Because the shop I work at didnt buy anything over a 179 for this season.

And my girlfriend just left me cause I chose her over moving to Snowmass and the "commitment I displayed scared her". She wants to see other guys.
    wowza...
    "Oh, no pics. To simulate the skiing today, walk out your door, grab a handful of snow, and throw it in your face. Repeat as necessary.
    If you don't have snow outside your door, what the fuck are you living there for?"
    -Bum Z 1/30/08

It would be some sweet karma for me. I had a pair of brand new volkl Karmas (ironic eh?) with p14's stolen at jay last year. It would be like a sweet karma upgrade.

I could also represent PM Gear on the EC at stowe.

Just a thought.

Allen
    Alcohol Caffeine Taurine Hybrid
    If it can be done it can be won

Without a chainsaw silviculture is just a theory

I have decided to go with 300hp's idea. As for who gets them first I will be in Denver for thanksgiving and think we should have a maggot mini at whatever bar ya'll hang out at to kick off the bros journey.

As for rules I think these are a good start.
    Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    Simple Rules:

1) They have to go to a maggot.
    2) No more than 2 (ish) weeks with the skis
    3) You have to take a picture with the skis.
    4) Post the name of the maggot you're sending the skis to so no one walks off with them.
    5) The maggots have the power to trump the decision of who you send it to next.
    The one rule I will add is you must not ship these skis, they must pass face to face/maggot to maggot. Travelin goes hand in hand with skiing, just last season these boards went to Tahoe, Jackson, Snowmass, and Wolf Creek, so I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

As for demo binder's I know some offered, I would be willing to trade the current binders for some solid demo binders. So 300hp you want to mount these suckers or what?

Lets get a stickied thread to keep track of these bad boys.
    I belong to a cult that believes in wrecking leather jackets, dying themselves purple and demolishing 40 beer.

^^^should be main forum IMO

Def sticky this bad boy. Id love to see where the bro's go. In fact I wanna rip em at Taos. Send em down!!
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    We don't make those skis specifically for Andy, but we make them specifically for kick-ass skiers like Andy who use them in freeride comps and the everyday comp where they compete against themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    I NEED these.

Lotus 138
    Atomic Thug
    Dynastar XXL
    Armada Ants
    Bluehouse Districts
    Spats
    Deep Powders

:
    Quote Originally Posted by steeplechamp View Post
    he refuses to get a pair of new skis since he believes skiing has nothing to do with the ski but the skill of the skier.
    proof positive that your dad is right......

-aaron
    Goals for the season: -Try and pick up a sponsor.--Phill

But whatever scares you most... --Rip'nStick

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    The one rule I will add is you must not ship these skis, they must pass face to face/maggot to maggot. Travelin goes hand in hand with skiing, just last season these boards went to Tahoe, Jackson, Snowmass, and Wolf Creek, so I don't think it's an unreasonable request.

As for demo binder's I know some offered, I would be willing to trade the current binders for some solid demo binders. So 300hp you want to mount these suckers or what?
    Hopefully these will make it to Idaho.

The demo bindings I have din of 12 if that will work for everybody I will take them off the current skis and ship them to whoever is going to mount them. Send me a PM whoever decides to mount them.

They should be mounted tele. They are softs after all.

Fat chance, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by gonehuckin View Post
    proof positive that your dad is right......

-aaron
    I've seen both of you ski. You're barking up the wrong tree here again A.

If I can get up north in time its possible, not sure tho. I'll start looking for demo binders but I'm not sure, I gave all of em away to mags already. Lets put some nice s912s on em or something. I'll keep my eyes open. Someone has to paint/tag the skis in a different way tho, you know, so if your going up the lift and see em you know the story
    karma rules.
    Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Quote Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
    This could be hilarious. The skis should get a very distinctive sticker / paintjob. Something so we all know that those bros are "the ones".
    Each maggot that skis them should sign them w/ a sharpie before passinng them on = "distinctive paint job" w/ sense of histroy...

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    Not necessary - it's common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrdr View Post
    I have decided to go with 300hp's idea.

...So 300hp you want to mount these suckers or what?
    Hunter - assuming you do the mount, lets do mine at the same time: I'll buy the beer.

I like the idea of a Travel Blog thread to chronical the travels and misadventures of these...
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Hunter, ski faster said he had demo binders (DIN 12)....fuck, send them here. I'll get em mounted if Hunter opts out. The man has already done enough. But I really don't care as long as I can see these things in at least 20 different places this winter.
    Last edited by justcuz; 09-10-2007 at 06:51 AM.