Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    see, he really is one of the fam

Vibes sent from Simon and me. Simon hasn't gone through that but he is no stranger to going to the vet. Just last week he couldn't keep any food down.

Here a couple of pictures of Simon.

Yes he likes beer A LOT!

That cat looks like he's been keeping food down juuust fine.

i used to be such a "hate cats" person, but TGR has warmed my heart to them. heal up simon and trev

Quote Originally Posted by phUnk View Post
    That cat looks like he's been keeping food down juuust fine.
    He was only 17.3 lbs last time he was at the vet. Must be the beer.

BWAA!! Thanks LB I forgot about that vid.

Been going thru the exact same thing with one of my cats since about the end of July.

Noticed he was walking around, trying to pee everywhere, but nothing was happening. Researched it a bit and realized he needed to go straight to the vet. It was too late to go to the normal vet, so we went to the ER. They were able to insert a catheter and clear him out and give him a bunch of drugs. They said he could stay overnight, but I don't have lots of available money so they said it would be ok if I let him go.

About a week later, I started noticing he was having issues again. He could only pee in little squirts. So went to the normal vet, who gave him some antibiotics and started him (and my other cat, for safe measure) on science diet C/D. Charlie is still on antibiotics right now, but he is still peeing so things are looking better.

I would suggest getting the C/D cat food. Luckily I caught this early before anything serious happened.

I sent my vibes, as does charlie murphy & dante.

I am sure Big Trev is pretty drugged up at this point. I know they gave charlie lots of pain killers and muscle relaxants. You can see how messed up his eyes are in this pic.

Again, good luck!
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    i used to be such a "hate cats" person, but TGR has warmed my heart to them. heal up simon and trev
    Maybe you should take Trev along with you on your next epic ride to Bear Mtn, and show him somenew tricks
    "There is a hell of a huge difference between skiing as a sport- or even as a lifestyle- and skiing as an industry"
    Hunter S. Thompson, 1970 (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster View Post
    Just last week he couldn't keep any food down.

Yes he likes beer A LOT!
    simon would probably have an easier time keeping food down if you didn't get him so drunk all the time....

But vibes to Mrs. Roo's Pussy and ski_faster's alcoholic pussy.

Mrs. Roo, I heard if you shave your pussy it makes it easier to pee

What about some cranberry juice??? (No idea if this is even recommended but if a human has issues it is supposed to help.. worth asking a vet maybe.)

Stong vibes for your puss, hope it comes strong again.

Quote Originally Posted by ski_faster View Post

Here a couple of pictures of Simon.

Simon is gorgeous (and I love his name).

Well, I went to visit Trev at the vets yesterday. Even after the second catheter, he is still having problems. He's on a whole lot of antibiotics and painkillers. When I was there he squatted for a little pee which took ages to come out and was tiny. Afterwards he was hissing and howling because it was so sore. He even went for me because he was so sore and confused. That is SO unlike Trev. Once it passed and he had a painkiller he was his usual soppy, cuddly self.

After two weeks in the vets and two catheters that haven't worked, they have decided to do a cystotomy operation either today or Monday.

I just really hope this works. All this is costing me the equivalent of two weeks in the Alps, but he's out little friend. Roo will have to just do a bit more freelance work!

To keep the naughty tone of this thread going, I just thought I'd report that our Trev is a bit of a player. All of the vet nurses are in love with him and go in to see him for a cuddle and a smooch!
    Monty Python's version of the cougar phenomenon:
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    see, he really is one of the fam

That is fab! Roo is away at the mo, but I'll make sure he sees these. LOL cat, alright.
    "This is a frightened city. Over these houses, over these streets hangs a pall of fear. Fear of a new kind of violence which is terrorizing the city. Yes, gangs of old ladies attacking defenseless, fit young men".

Good news! Trev has had a wazz, a slash, a tiddle, a widdle, a wee, a pee, a sprinkle, a toilet, a number one!

If he keeps this up, he may be off the hook.

Keep on gushing, my boy. Make mummy proud!

When trev gets better can you send him to the skidpad with roo? I think that'd make for some first rate youtubedness.

(good for trev btw)
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Roo View Post
    Good news! Trev has had a wazz, a slash, a tiddle, a widdle, a wee, a pee, a sprinkle, a toilet, a number one!

So glad to hear it! More peeing, Trev!!

Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Isn't it amazing how excited people can get over a pee, but I guess if you cat peeing means you get two weeks in the alps, I would get pretty excited too.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Have you PM'd Edg, he's probably bursting now.
    Not around much these days.

Glad to here he's back to working the pee pee dance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

I sent my vibes, as does charlie murphy & dante.

Again, good luck!
    I think catty empathy vibes has done the trick here. Thanks, little guys.

Cosmo Offers To Chase Him Around And Scare The Piss Out Of Him

...Cosmo is not a cat lover...

Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

I'm happy to report that Big Trev is back home! Yay!

It still hurts him to pee but at least he's peeing. Problem is he doesn't like his new food. I'm taking him for a check at the vets on Friday to see if there are other brands we can try with him.

He's also a little terror at taking his tablets. It's definately a two Roo job.

Agent Gordon hasn't clouted him either, which is a bonus.

Trev thanks you all for your catty (and doggie) support. He told me he appreciated the vibes and they lifted his spirits greatly.

Uh-oh...you have not really struggled until you have attempted to give a cat a pill.

I have this down to a science but it involves kneeling over the cat, tilting back the head and nearly simultaneously prying open the mouth and shoving the pill *all* the way down his throat! Then I quickly have to grab his muzzle and keep the cat from opening his mouth and spitting the pill out. No problemo.

And as you can imagine, my cats are hudge fans of me!

So glad kitty is getting better now!
    Sprite
    "I call it reveling in natures finest element. Water in its pristine form. Straight from the heavens. We bathe in it, rejoicing in the fullest." --BZ

Now it's the turn of my mother. She really needs to pee.

She had a kidney transplant on Friday and its not kicking in as quickly as we would like. She was pretty ill beforehand and it was complex surgery so it has not been the miracle intervention we'd hoped for and she's still needing dialysis .

As your positive pee vibes worked so well for my cat, could a couple of you send some my mum's way. She's a good lady.

Good luck and my pee flow freely in your future Mama Roo.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot