Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool weather in New Jersey...

.... is fantastic right now.

Sitting in a cubicle, however, not fantastic.

true true

perfect topdown weather.
    "If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate enough about it."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...tionaries3.jpg

still a little sweaty in the sun, but, yes, the breezy nights make a drive over the Turnpike bridge just luscious.

My terrace = fantastic right now.

On another note - any of you guys drive the Blazer with the Keep Tahoe Blue sticker on it that was parked out front last week?
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    The nights are very nice and cool here too in the mountains west of NJ, but the god damn cicadas around here are driving me nuts. If I open my windows, I hear those damn bugs making their two-beat singing noise all night long. It's keeping me awake.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Was up in NE Pennsylvania this weekend. My parents are in Lake Wallenpaupack nowadays... weather was incredible. Absolutely perfect. Grand. Excellent.

However, *something* up there triggers hellacious allergies in me this time every year. I try to mitigate by taking Claritan, but that only keeps it at bay for about 12 hours. Today, I evidently don't have any nasal passages to breath through and I want to scratch out my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody Famous View Post
    The nights are very nice and cool here too in the mountains west of NJ, but the god damn cicadas around here are driving me nuts. If I open my windows, I hear those damn bugs making their two-beat singing noise all night long. It's keeping me awake.
    I find that sound somewhat soothing, and it can send me into a nod if I have a beer and joint in hand.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 09-04-2007 at 01:30 PM.

Cool and breazy here in Northern Bergen County. I'm wearing a winter sweater! Supposed to go down to the mid 40's here tonight and tomorrow nignt. Soon..... soon...... it's a comin'. Bring on the white stuff!!!!!!!
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~Dave Barry

The land of Genesee Cream Ale and homemade pierogies!
    Apparently the cicadas mating season is nearing a close, and apparently they also have a temperature, in the lower 60s/upper 50s, at which they stop making their god awful noise. On a cool evening, the sounds stop at the temps drop.
    “The best argument in favour of a 90% tax rate on the rich is a five-minute chat with the average rich person.”

- Winston Churchill, paraphrased.

Quote Originally Posted by Skibumtress View Post
    Cool and breazy here in Northern Bergen County. I'm wearing a winter sweater! Supposed to go down to the mid 40's here tonight and tomorrow nignt. Soon..... soon...... it's a comin'. Bring on the white stuff!!!!!!!
    yeah, it was a bit nipply here on saturday. getting real tough to drive with the roof down. haha

but its nice having a cool breeze going through the house.

where in northern bergen are you? i live in river edge (until thursday at least) and work weekends in ridgewood.
    "If you are not nervous about your passion, you are not passionate enough about it."

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutStoli View Post
    yeah, it was a bit nipply here on saturday. getting real tough to drive with the roof down. haha

but its nice having a cool breeze going through the house.

where in northern bergen are you? i live in river edge (until thursday at least) and work weekends in ridgewood.
    I live in Wyckoff (when you can sneez)... work in Franklin Lakes. Geesh, grew up in Wyckoff and could wait to get out of this town and now I'm back.

51 degrees this morning and no humidity...... LOVE it. May take the bike out later.

Where are you going after River Edge?
    Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face. ~Dave Barry

FLOW! I grew up in FL/Oakland.

Can't believe I'm still in the Jerz either. Oh well, we've always got the shore, right?
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

I live in Wyckoff (when you can sneez)... work in Franklin Lakes. Geesh, grew up in Wyckoff and could wait to get out of this town and now I'm back.

51 degrees this morning and no humidity...... LOVE it. May take the bike out later.

Where are you going after River Edge?
    haha, yeah, NJ has a way of drawing you back in.

i'm moving to denver area to go to culinary school and work in boulder. so cant wait!

the weather today....i woke up freezing. the day is turning out to be nice though. love the cool and no humidity (although missing the heat), but a little sad about needing a jacket at night now. summer is over.

Indian Hills High School?

The shore.... well yea but we have hills nearby..... like Campgaw and of course Mountain Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Spdfrk43 View Post
    FLOW! I grew up in FL/Oakland.

Can't believe I'm still in the Jerz either. Oh well, we've always got the shore, right?

This morning was colder than it's been in awhile. It's supposed to be sunny all week though and warming up too.

Ah, the Mighty Gaw - bringing back fond memories. "Longest lighted halfpipe in the world." - Sawzall. - Donuts in the parking lot when it snowed. - Trying to drive up it when it wasn't snowing...

Went to Bosco actually, but about half my friends went to Ramapo.

Indian Hills High School?

The shore.... well yea but we have hills nearby..... like Campgaw and of course Mountain Creek.

dumbfuck.

Know many who went to Bosco. Me...... Ramapo (I think I mentioned that already). It's late and my mind is.... well.... in other places right now.

Ah, the Mighty Gaw - bringing back fond memories. "Longest lighted halfpipe in the world." - Sawzall. - Donuts in the parking lot when it snowed. - Trying to drive up it when it wasn't snowing...

Went to Bosco actually, but about half my friends went to Ramapo.

HAHA! campgaw...oh man. thats where the whole skiing thing started for me, on a DARE field trip of all things. good times. they had a pretty kick ass fire pit at the "lodge" back in those days.

i went to fair lawn high, ramapo was a big rival of ours. knew one or few kids who went to bosco too. joe trynowsky<sp> ring any bells?

weather was killer today!

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutStoli View Post
    HAHA! campgaw...oh man. thats where the whole skiing thing started for me, on a DARE field trip of all things. good times. they had a pretty kick ass fire pit at the "lodge" back in those days.

i went to fair lawn high, ramapo was a big rival of ours. knew one or few kids who went to bosco too. joe trynowsky<sp> ring any bells?

weather was killer today!
    Yea, first time I was on skies was in 7th grade at Campgaw.... for three days of lessons that our school provided for us. I fell in love.

But it snowed in squaw yesterday

De Caro twins?
    Lauren Aboigen (sp?)

Anyone? Name games are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    De Caro twins?
    Lauren Aboigen (sp?)

Anyone? Name games are fun.
    Yep - they were a couple years younger. One of my buddys hung out with them quite a bit.

You a W{a}ckoff guy?

dumbfuck.

Yep - they were a couple years younger. One of my buddys hung out with them quite a bit.

You a W{a}ckoff guy?
    No, but was friends with them and a few other Wykoff girls at UDEL.

Besides, I'm too cool to be hailing from Bergen county ... I keep it real in Essex you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
    No, but was friends with them and a few other Wykoff girls at UDEL.

Besides, I'm too cool to be hailing from Bergen county ... I keep it real in Essex you know.
    Hey now, us Wyckoff girls rock.
    (OK, so I grew up here and after college lived in NYC, Los Angeles and then Clifton but I guess I'm still a Wyckoff girl at heart.... not one of those snobby ones tho -- in high school, actually hung out with folks from North Haleden, Oakland and the Pompton Lakes area -- cooler peeps.).

Hey now, us Wyckoff girls rock.

(OK, so I grew up here and after college lived in NYC, Los Angeles and then Clifton but I guess I'm still a Wyckoff girl at heart.... not one of those snobby ones tho -- in high school, actually hung out with folks from North Haleden, Oakland and the Pompton Lakes area -- cooler peeps.).
    I'll give credit where credit is due and I think one of those times would be now. But yes, you girls are alright in my book ... definitely a lot better than the ones from surburbia Essex where if you crash a brand new $100k S500, you are then rewarded with a brand new $120k S600.

The only caveat here is if your summers were spent at Djais, Temps, or Surf Club, then and only then will I be forced to rescind all praise.

EDIT - I'll be back in the dirty this weekend ... drinks anyone?