Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    My neon green 198 RX12's are SO getting mounted again.

I really wanted a pair of those 210 5.0s. I skied the shop pair a ton since it didn't get sent out too often. A few years later the rep came by the shop in the fall and had some 210 DH skis and I couldn't resist. They don't get out too much these days but they sure are fun. Best headwall run ever was on these with about 2 ft of fresh. The green Ultra Waves next to them are essentially Kastle Machines since these were from the first year of Nordica ski production.

I still use my Kastle Green SpeedMachine DH boards once or twice a year. I loved the same ski in the GS version, I rocked those till 2002, when i finally retired them due to bending one of them. (they are now part of a bench)

Good luck to Kastle. Nice to see some older brands coming back.

So do all of you douchebags use accents when ordering at Taco Bell?

SHUT THE FUCK UP! MORONS.

Si Senor Elevens. Yo Quiero Taco Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    So do all of you douchebags use accents when ordering at Taco Bell?

SHUT THE FUCK UP! MORONS.
    I'm with Blurred here, and all a y'all had better stuff it because if Blurred is somehow "wrong" for suggesting the proper pronunciation, so is the company.

Their print ads in English-speaking markets used to include a little note on how to pronounce the name "Kastle" - but I guess they were wrong, because they suggested it be pronounced exactly the same way as Blurred.

The way I see it:
    Blurred 1
    All A Y'All 0

When selling these suckers back as a mulleted preppy high school sex monkey, ze right way to say it from ze rep was kes-ley.

So screw the rest of yous.

Senor Once es correcto.

Oh yeah - I used to have some Kastles. They were great (until I wrecked them. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

Those are the ones...so in now...I thing they have IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    My neon green 198 RX12's are SO getting mounted again.
    #1 goal this year......stay alive +
    DOWN SKIS

I still take my 198? 208 Kästle RX National Team SGs (the heavy ones, not the lighter ones that came out a year or two later) out a couple of times a year. They would see more ice time if I lived closer to a bigger hill.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    I previously owned three pairs of Kästle skis.

Green RX12 SG in a 203.

White RX12 SG graphites in a 208.

also some slaloms in a 203.

Very stable skis.

For a while I considered getting the orange SGs in a 213 too. They would be ideal on a LBD.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Huckable View Post
    I'm with Blurred here,

Their print ads in English-speaking markets used to include a little note on how to pronounce the name "Kastle" - but I guess they were wrong, because they suggested it be pronounced exactly the same way as Blurred.
    Well i guess their ads in the German speaking markets did not include any prnounciation guides and we should be sorry for speaking the right Language?
    sorry brett!

btw. depending on the region you can get 1000 correct pronounciations. and always remember: those guys from the southern part of the German speaking zone actually speak German like those Texans speak English and their translations are probably accordingly
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    btw. depending on the region you can get 1000 correct pronounciations. and always remember: those guys from the southern part of the German speaking zone actually speak German like those Texans speak English and their translations are probably accordingly
    You're treading on very thin ice here, my friend ...
    Ein Berg ohne Absturzgefahr ist nur noch Attrappe. (Reinhold Messner)

Talking

I always thought they sounded kinda cute. Reminds me of the chef from the muppets a bit when I hear them speak German.

Of course I sound like a 3 y.o. with a learning problem, so who am I to criticise?

Quote Originally Posted by Franz Klammer View Post
    You're treading on very thin ice here, my friend ...
    I hob oich oach liab!

Says the guy who prolly grew up speaking Platt...

Well i guess their ads in the German speaking markets did not include any prnounciation guides and we should be sorry for speaking the right Language?
    sorry brett!

Most Texans work hard to lose their "accent" as fast as possible...much as their residential architecture is more Connecticut or Washington than Texas...and their ridiculous greens lawn...and so on.
    Last edited by Cliff Huckable; 08-27-2007 at 03:23 PM.

I fand's albe luschtig wann die Piefkes könnt'n uns 'it verschteh'n.

What's all this shit about German? I said it was the Austrians that were laughing.

They also laugh at us for how we say Volkl.
    "Sometimes nuthin' is a real cool hand"

Quote Originally Posted by geo039 View Post
    The lime green RXs will actually be in fashion again.....with about double the width
    Ha, I had those in a 208. Trucks, they were. Bent 'em skiing bumps(!).

Same fate for my Ti SL (short SL ski in a 200(!!), I think).
    Last edited by Dexter Rutecki; 08-28-2007 at 03:25 AM.
    [quote][//quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Says the guy who prolly grew up speaking Platt...
    isch bin ne kölsche, ming jong. (hehe kölsch is the only language which actually uses JONG as a word. ain't that cool? and it is the only language which also is a beer. HAH! ).

but i grew up learing quite normal standard german since my parents didn't grow up here.

i just love all accents and simply wanted to say that probably everyone around these parts would pronounce it differently. :hippysmily:

and i don't lnow anything about texans except from the movies

P.S. we all know why there are so many jokes about bavaria et. al. don't we ?

Quote Originally Posted by icanseeformiles(andmiles) View Post
    First pair of skis I owned were Kastle 215's - Slalom skis. Even had first generation step-in bindings.
    Holy shite! 215cm SLALOM skis!? That's going back a ways ...

I had several pair of the red, and then gold era National Team SL skis in the 205cm, and the white GS skis in 210cm, but my favorites were my 213cm (or was it a 215cm? ... hmmm) SG ski with the doughnut hole tip, which was always good for launching projectiles at your chest.

I remember they were the stiffest friggin' things on the market at the time. Typical Austrian ski in that they only came to life when you went "wery, wery, fast".
    Who cares how the crow flies

Quote Originally Posted by cultvo View Post
    They also laugh at us for how we say Volkl.
    You forgot the umlauts .

For the record, it's fvoelkl. W makes a hard "v" sound, v makes a softer sound, a cross between f and v. Umlauts make the vowel be followed by an e. Sometimes you see the same word spelled both ways, either vowel-e or umlauted vowel.

Nah - it's actually full on "F" sound, at least to a Rhinelander and a Bavarian.

Subtle - Bönnsch is clearly of the same niveau as Kölsch.... as long as we both agree that the folks who live on the "Schäl Sick" are Neanderthals.
    Last edited by Tippster; 08-28-2007 at 07:39 AM.

and always remember: those guys from the southern part of the German speaking zone actually speak German like those Texans speak English and their translations are probably accordingly
    and always remember: those guys from the northern part of germany (north of the donau, that is) actually ski like those texans ski

edit: and those neon green kästle rx 15 slaloms fucking ruled. i loved mine.