Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 3028
    Very cool
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    Its a Morso. I was wrong. Its 6 inches from the back wall. I have the air/hrat baffle installed at the back of stove along with double wall pipe to the roof.
    I am in British Columbia. Gulf Islands.
    Nice and got me thinking to do mine like that so people stop tripping on the lip.

I think you had posted some pics of your place in progress, but I don't remember seeing any finished shots of the exterior. It looked pretty sweet.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Recently welded this game hoist in time for Antelope season. Powder coated for added cleanliness. Mounts to my truck, or my 4-wheeler's hitch. *edited to add: I tested it to 750lbs but ran out of sand bags.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Left Tall Winch.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	187596
    Last edited by gaijin; 09-11-2016 at 07:59 PM.

Badass!

Yes, good one!

Name:	savary cabin 01.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	991.6 KB 
ID:	187605I cant remember posting pics and too lazy to search back.

Here are a couple. I am going back i a couple weeks and post up a few more recent ones.

Name:	coluseum 002.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	187604
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Name:  savary 2 2016.jpg
Views: 751
Size:  190.2 KB
    Name:  savary 2016.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  245.1 KB

I'm working on a project right now and used Gorilla Glue for the first time. It's pretty nasty stuff. A friend told me it can "be used to hold water together".

I ran out of wood glue and used Gorilla Glue in its place. Not too impressed. Seems to hold fine, but clean up is a bitch. Actually there is no cleanup.

Pics to follow.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

And it expands/foams like crazy compared to standard titebond. I always hated it for "fine" woodworking. Learned my lesson and will drive the 10 minutes to get more pva glue now.

i'm sure there are a million things wrong and weird and changes were made to the room after but this was my first project at the house i just lost. my first and only tile job and really first home improvement project. i loved it very much.

i cut all the tiles and the compass was difficult but i got all the cuts done on the compass on the first try. i laid them out and had to return the saw. came back and accidentally stepped on one of the large tiles and it cracked. i had to rent the saw again but this time it took four tries to get one suitable piece.

Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    And it expands/foams like crazy compared to standard titebond. I always hated it for "fine" woodworking. Learned my lesson and will drive the 10 minutes to get more pva glue now.
    also needs the wood to be slightly dampened. One big plus--unlike pva, it's stainable. If you make filler out of gorilla glue and sawdust it will take finish like the surrounding wood. A PVA/sawdust patch won't match the wood. Because of the expansion, if you use gorilla glue and sawdust you need to cover the patch with wax paper, then clamp a block of wood over the repair to keep it from foaming out. Because of its color the gorilla glue isn't good for light colored wood.

Looks beautiful BD. Is that cedar siding? And did you stain the rafters/overhang to match? Any interior pics or still unfinished?
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Quote Originally Posted by skiing-in-jackson View Post
    I'm working on a project right now and used Gorilla Glue for the first time. It's pretty nasty stuff. A friend told me it can "be used to hold water together".

I ran out of wood glue and used Gorilla Glue in its place. Not too impressed. Seems to hold fine, but clean up is a bitch. Actually there is no cleanup.

Pics to follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyman683 View Post
    You just have to be careful and use it sparingly, I learned my lesson long ago and use it all the time with great results.
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 10-13-2016 at 10:19 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    *edited to add: I tested it to 750lbs but ran out of sand bags.

Name:	Left Tall Winch.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	187596
    That's one big antilope
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

hoping there's more of a TR on this one...maybe a photo tour at least?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Looks beautiful BD. Is that cedar siding? And did you stain the rafters/overhang to match? Any interior pics or still unfinished?
    Yes, Siding is all cedar. Rafters are all Fir that was cut and milled on site. Cedar has been sealed with natural deck sealer but the rafters are raw. Post and beam interior is from the same tree. I just finished staining the siding this year. It has taken me 4 years to finish the exterior and I am now starting the the interior.
    Island building is slow I have used 10" pine rough sawn white washed boards fr the interior walls.
    Completely off grid. I will have a total of 360w of solar panels running a few lights and a fridge.

Finally got to hang the barn door I've been working on for seemingly ever. Was a lot of fucking around putting this thing together but it all worked out. Learned a few tricks from it for sure and will be making some changes. Worked out to be upper heavy and was a real bastard to get up the stairs from the garage without wreaking walls or anything. Not finished with the trim and cleaning up/painting the drywall/cold air return vent yet but I'm pretty stoked to finally have a door up for the ensuite.

Woah. That's really cool
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

That is incredible! I'm assuming you made a template for the holes? What kind of material is it?

Thanks! Material is 16ga. steel with a powder coat finish. I used a couple software programs and a CNC turret press to punch the pattern. I'd probably frame the perf material into a wooden frame next time instead of this kind of overly complicated clam shell design I used here.

Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    Finally got to hang the barn door I've been working on for seemingly ever. Was a lot of fucking around putting this thing together but it all worked out. Learned a few tricks from it for sure and will be making some changes. Worked out to be upper heavy and was a real bastard to get up the stairs from the garage without wreaking walls or anything. Not finished with the trim and cleaning up/painting the drywall/cold air return vent yet but I'm pretty stoked to finally have a door up for the ensuite.

Nice work
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    Thanks! Material is 16ga. steel with a powder coat finish. I used a couple software programs and a CNC turret press to punch the pattern. I'd probably frame the perf material into a wooden frame next time instead of this kind of overly complicated clam shell design I used here.
    Right on! It turned out fantastic! Kicks ass that you have access to a CNC! The frame looks great too and really adds to the door. I wouldn't change a damn thing about it if I were you.

Teach me sensei

Um, Mags that are way smarter than me, question.

I need to replace my deck. Is this something I want to take on? It's maybe 20 x 30 (VERY rough guess) single level. there is a gentle slope to the land, I'd roughly guess at the lowest point the deck is 4ft off the ground, at it's hightest maybe 4.5-5 feet. I have a number of power tools, and am "sorta good" with my hands but never tried anything like this. Specifically worried about location of load-bearing pilings, attaching the damn thing to the house, building codes, etc. Any expereinced mag's opinions / thoughts greatly appreciated. thanks!
    "Can't you see..."

^If you have an existing deck then it should be relatively easy to replace. You can use all the existing post footings and lag to the house or use joist hangers in the same fashion the current deck is attached.

As you take down the existing, just take measurements, photos, and draw it up. Then build a new one just like the old one. A deck is truly one of the easiest things to build especially when it's relatively low like yours.

With that said, I am capable of building one, but I'm paying someone to replace mine because I'd rather spend my time building mtn bike trails. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but I am an idiot.