Page 98 of 122 FirstFirst ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 3028
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm doing a deck soon and want to go one step above ground due to roots on my big silver maple coming up out of the ground where the deck goes. Would love to do a slab but that ain't happening, so I'm thinking ultralite crete atop plywood on 12'' oc joists on piers. Anyone worked like that with ultralite?
    Sounds hard. If you're only going 1 step above grade, put up some PT 2x8's and fill it with gravel to the bottom of your concrete slab. Pour regular concrete. Roots will have enough wiggle room with the gravel. Put in rebar. Add a vapor barrier if you feel like it

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Thanks all for the reccos! It is a charcut board but I still need to fill those voids for the inevitable soft cheese and liverwurst that could find its way in there...

Reading responses to Ofts question makes me laugh... Typical TGR. “My fence post wobbles” here use this German engineered $100 a tube, $300 per applicator, 10,000psi epoxy. It’s the only way...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    First off It's $60 a tube, the applicator is $100 and both are free since i have them laying around. You live in Canada or something? Inflation a bitch out there eh?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Color me jealous. Want to ship some of that leftover cedar east?!?!?

The cedar trees on my property are only about 15-20’ high.
    For the right price id look into it. For real though if anyone around w wa needs good green cedar pm me

Got a little more work in on le baqyahd shacktoe after a killer year of skiing.
    Kudos to Ullr and Skaadi.

Got subfloor insulated, this only shows the 1/2" styrofoam, there's a layer of R13 down too, and most of the 3/4" ply is cut and laid.
    Tomorrow will screw down the subfloor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2534.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	372280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2533.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	372281  
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Here's where it started last summer and fall using eztube foundation pylons:

(the inline will disappear, here's the insta link: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDe-WXljvhY/

Foundation detail with threaded rebar that is screwed down onto the bracket holding the wood to the pylons.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDe-CZ9jTSA/

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Here's where it started last summer and fall using eztube foundation pylons:
    [
    Where did you buy the EZ Tube precast foundations? I want to build a little shed in my backyard elevated over a little sloped area and this would be perfect for my application, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I thought that the borg carried them but it looks like they're only available on the east coast...

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    Where did you buy the EZ Tube precast foundations? I want to build a little shed in my backyard elevated over a little sloped area and this would be perfect for my application, but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I thought that the borg carried them but it looks like they're only available on the east coast...
    I ordered them through Home Depot. Free delivery.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/EZ-Tube-...UBE5/300649621 .

The rebar is threaded and they provide the nut to tighten down the sections. Being in a potential fault zone, that is a requirement for piers for us. We did overengineer supplement with some cinder blocks at midspan and used rebar to keep them aligned.

For 4 5 section precast sections, it was $540.
    So far, I'm really happy with them, solid and easy to assemble. Levelling was a pain, but that's the case with a pour or any pier system.

Remodeled a small bathroom recently (maybe some pics to come) and built this guy and finally hung it up. Wife’s happy so I call it a win.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619715533.959208.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	373029

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Remodeled a small bathroom recently (maybe some pics to come) and built this guy and finally hung it up. Wife’s happy so I call it a win.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1619715533.959208.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	373029

OK. That's cool! You need a matching wood toilet seat now. If you put a weight on a pulley at one end, can make it self-closing -- the door that is.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Nice door, butt if ima takin a dump I prefer a door that closes solidly and locks. And you all will prefer I am behind such a door too. Less air flow.

I was gonna go with a latch but it’s in the kid wing of the place and as many parents can attest, less locks the better when you’re kids can be assholes.

Riser, if you come by, I’ll roll out the brown carpet and let you use the real throne down the hall with ball mister and prewarmed seat. Solid lock too.

I was gonna go with a latch but it’s in the kid wing of the place and as many parents can attest, less locks the better when you’re kids can be assholes.

Riser, if you come by, I’ll roll out the brown carpet and let you use the real throne down the hall with ball mister and prewarmed seat. Solid lock too.

Ah, kids. BTDT. Makes perfect sense. And thanks man. Sounds fancy!

Just don’t pee in my sink. Only I get to do that

Just don’t pee in my sink. Only I get to do that

Don't worry. I might AC Slayter it, but I don't pee in sinks. And that is a really nice door.

So I keep buying these vintage whitewater kayaks from craigslist. Cuz I'm cheap and so are they, and I think they're cool and like to have a couple spare boats for guests/GF to bang around in Lake WA where I have 2 put-ins 3 minutes from home. They get used for recreational flat and [very] low class moving water. They don't track every straight (nor do I expect that from them) but they're super fun to paddle.

I've been pondering for a long time about how to add a skeg that's easily removable and doesn't require holes in the boat, low-ish profile, capable of banging a log/rock or two, and of course cheap. The aftermarket options are awful or stoopid expensive or stoopid complicated.

Finally came up with the notion (with the help of an engineer pal who first suggested Kydex holding a pice of fiberglass) of heat-forming some ABS. Wrapped around the tail, glued together with pipe glue for the fin, bolt with wing nut goes through the existing rope hole. Not super elegant craftsmanship, but meets all the criteria. Kinda stoked on the result. Have done two of them.

Name:	IMG_3255 2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	847.6 KB 
ID:	373103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    So I keep buying these vintage whitewater kayaks from craigslist. Cuz I'm cheap and so are they, and I think they're cool and like to have a couple spare boats for guests/GF to bang around in Lake WA where I have 2 put-ins 3 minutes from home. They get used for recreational flat and [very] low class moving water. They don't track every straight (nor do I expect that from them) but they're super fun to paddle.

I've been pondering for a long time about how to add a skeg that's easily removable and doesn't require holes in the boat, low-ish profile, capable of banging a log/rock or two, and of course cheap. The aftermarket options are awful or stoopid expensive or stoopid complicated.

Finally came up with the notion (with the help of an engineer pal who first suggested Kydex holding a pice of fiberglass) of heat-forming some ABS. Wrapped around the tail, glued together with pipe glue for the fin, bolt with wing nut goes through the existing rope hole. Not super elegant craftsmanship, but meets all the criteria. Kinda stoked on the result. Have done two of them.
    I like it, simple and effective design. I used to live right between Matthews beach and Magnuson park, on the lake side of sand point way. I regret not buying a boat while I was there but I was poor and dumb.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

I built my wife a table for our seventh anniversary. We do those traditional material gifts and seven is copper. It's a fun challenge every year and more interesting (and less expensive) than jewelry. So yeah I soldered up this frame for a bar-height table. It's finished with a walnut top now but I don't have a picture.

I'm not a professional plumber, so this took me longer that it probably should have... But it turned out great! It sits flat on the floor without rocking, which is a small miracle.

I used to fart around with making things out of copper pipe. Fun project and looks great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    I used to fart around with making things out of copper pipe. Fun project and looks great.
    Thank you! Yeah it was fun and I would like to try some other project with copper.

Here's another one, a little less ambitious. I bought an eBay rhino rack knock-off roof rack for my Jeep. The rack is awesome, but the wind noise was terrible, on a vehicle that already suffers from terrible wind noise. I've seen all kinds of fairings for sale, but most of them are flat along the bottom edge and shorter than I wanted. I really wanted to make one that matched the radius of my roof, and extended to the outside edges of the Jeep.

I pulled some measurements off the Jeep and drew up the fairing in a free cad program, and then printed a full size print at the local print shop. I used that to trace the shape on to a scrap piece of abs I got at a plastic supplier, and made some brackets out of aluminum bar stock. The fairing is attached to the bottom of the rack with strut nuts, so the top is still available for loads.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... It's been on the Jeep for about 2 years now, and it's holding up great. Oh if anyone wants the cad file I'd be happy to share. It should fit any jeep xj and I'm sure you could rig up a bracket for just about any roof rack. Angle of the fairing matches the angle of the windshield for a consistent look.

Last edited by waveshello; 05-01-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Any leaks? J/K looks nice, would like to see it with the top.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I've been busy building my own version of Shangri La and finally motivated myself to build a teeny pub in my basement. One outstanding resource up here in the VT hinterlands is thrift shops like Re-store and Resource. It's a tip of the hat to a couple of J.H. bars and medieval celtic/teutonic influences. Still under construction and finishing work, but the bones are solid. Using Ipe leftovers from a deck I built 20 years ago for the bartop and 130 year old rafters for the base. Gonna sand the Ipe clean, drill out holes for the coins and give it an oil or wax finish. Should look like mahogany when it's done. Completion pictures to follow in the near future.

Name:	barzone.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	373773  
    Attached Images Attached Images        
    Silent....but shredly.

Built and filled in 2 days

Name:  63569101-7273-4307-9D6F-D6EB3F3B7113.jpeg
Views: 1118
Size:  178.4 KB

Name:  EEDFF9A1-4F73-4417-862E-E8062BBF15B4.jpeg
Views: 1525
Size:  181.0 KB

Shit you built with your own two hands (picture thread)

Helped my Fab buddy do this install the other day Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7543.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	375239Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7550.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	375240Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7544.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	375241Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7556.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	375242Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7560.jpg 
Views:	4501 
Size:	941.0 KB 
ID:	375243Next he’ll come back to clean then coat. This client wanted a mostly raw look so he’ll get a slight tint and protectant out of penetrol. Its more popular to blacken but this will look real sharp.

That fireplace is what I originally had planned for our place, sourcing and price knocked it of contention. Such a cool look!

^is it full of stars?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk