Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,325 of 2712
  1. #2301
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,354
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Man, those corn cob handles took me right back.
    Gotta keep that nostalgia going. Corn butterer in the fridge too.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  2. #2302
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Making the Bowl Great Again
    Posts
    13,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    a loft for the kiddo.
    Attachment 360902
    Your drawer organizers are nice but this thing is totally under-engineered and is gonna break and cause an injury. You need some diagonal bracing or it needs to be bolted to the wall.

  3. #2303
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,841
    Skidog---I can see you in 2 weeks posting in the I Love My Wife thread about how your wife is putting the spoons in the fork slots, the knives in the spoon slots, mixing the different size spoons together . . .

    But it is very nice work.

  4. #2304
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,354
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Your drawer organizers are nice but this thing is totally under-engineered and is gonna break and cause an injury. You need some diagonal bracing or it needs to be bolted to the wall.
    It's lagged on both sides thank you and I am 200+ and can barely shake it. Totally rigid. Thanks though.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  5. #2305
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,354
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Skidog---I can see you in 2 weeks posting in the I Love My Wife thread about how your wife is putting the spoons in the fork slots, the knives in the spoon slots, mixing the different size spoons together . . .

    But it is very nice work.
    Was her request so she better not. I don't post in that thread cause I would likely be too poster. I like to read it though.
    Thanks I though it turned out ok. Simple craft pine from Lowe's it works excellent


    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  6. #2306
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Back in 2019, our pooch was getting a little too stiff to negotiate our back stairs, so I built him a ramp.

    Maybe a little overbuilt...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_ramp1.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	360945

    I tied it into the existing back stairs so our pooch could walk out on the landing with us and then go down the ramp while we took the stairs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_ramp3.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	360946

    Tricky part here - when I built the ramp, we were storing a trailer in the garage (later sold during the pandemic summer when people were desperate to get outside). The ramp was going to block access to the garage, so I built it in sections so we could move the bottom section and get the trailer in/out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_ramp.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	360947

    Satisfied customer
    Name:  big_ramp_customer1.JPG
Views: 1394
Size:  71.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dan_pdx; 02-02-2021 at 11:32 AM.

  7. #2307
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,841
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Back in 2019, our pooch was getting a little too stiff to negotiate our back stairs, so I built him a ramp.

    Maybe a little overbuilt...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_ramp1.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	144.5 KB 
ID:	360945

    I tied it into the existing back stairs so our pooch could walk out on the landing with us and then go down the ramp while we took the stairs
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_ramp3.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	360946

    Tricky part here - when I built the ramp, we were storing a trailer in the garage (later sold during the pandemic summer when people were desperate to get outside). The ramp was going to block access to the garage, so I built it in sections so we could move the bottom section and get the trailer in/out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	big_ramp.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	139.0 KB 
ID:	360947

    Satisfied customer
    Name:  big_ramp_customer1.JPG
Views: 1394
Size:  71.2 KB
    That's nothing. We installed an elevator for our dog.
    (Also my wife's bad knees, my bad back, hauling firewood and groceries up 40 steps from the garage, but I think the dog gets the most benefit from it. She's got the bad knees AND the bad back. And at 15 pounds we could easily carry her but it offends her dignity.)
    Thanks for the smile. And nice work. Overbuilt for a dog maybe but you never know when some overweight human will try to use it.

  8. #2308
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    6,974
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Back in 2019, our pooch was getting a little too stiff to negotiate our back stairs, so I built him a ramp.
    Things people do for their pets.

    My project took about a half hour with some scrap 1x I had laying around. Extend the back seat to a platform for the dog beds.

  9. #2309
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    United States of Aburdistan
    Posts
    7,287
    I feel like this a good time to sneak in my shitty wood projects while this thread is in a real low point. It may make me look real talented.


    DanPDX, not talking about you, the smile in yer dogs eyes standing at the top of the ramp almost made me sniffle.

  10. #2310
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,372
    I'm pretty done with installing pocket doors or building rooms and decks. I created this as a housewarming gift for my daughter. Wood from a 100+ y o black walnut tree that my BIL cut into fire wood. Old horseshoe from a garage sale. Family tradition to have an upturned horseshoe nailed to the house or shed. Looks a little rough by design. Like the side of a barn.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KIMG2845 (1).jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	728.4 KB 
ID:	361037
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  11. #2311
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    águila
    Posts
    1,087
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7558.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	942.8 KB 
ID:	361039

    6" tall chair for our lil princess. 15" wide, Daddy can still fit in it or double up with cousins. Don't let the lack of hair fool you, she's gonna be a heart breaker. The chair has 2x4 legs, 1x1 frame, beetle-kill T&G seat and backing. Everything but T&G is recovered from a busted basement shelf. Colors roughly match Momma's Yeti Beti mountain bike: navy, "Antigua," and "Glitterati." Never did I ever think I would purchase a hot pink paint titled glitterati.

  12. #2312
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    5,012
    New tap handles for the kegeratorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1615073828.933965.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	366154


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  13. #2313
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    It's Full of Stars....
    Posts
    4,570
    ^^^^^^^^Nice.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

  14. #2314
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,367
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    New tap handles for the kegeratorClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1615073828.933965.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	190.1 KB 
ID:	366154


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I see you went with removable straps. Good call.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #2315
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    14,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    I see you went with removable straps. Good call.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yeah it could've been dangerous with straps. Think of the spilled beer.

    Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

  16. #2316
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    5,012
    I don’t ski with straps... so why would I drink with straps?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  17. #2317
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fraggle Rock, CO
    Posts
    6,890
    Been itching to add a 2nd tap to mine. Whatcha got in there?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

  18. #2318
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    livin the dream
    Posts
    5,012
    Just Ruebens Pils. Nothing in the second slot.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

  19. #2319
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,185
    Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I don’t ski with straps... so why would I drink with straps?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    To counter the spins?

  20. #2320
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Only a little late
    Posts
    3,896
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    To counter the spins?
    drink with skis on for offseason balance practice.
    "somebody's gotta do it"

  21. #2321
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Haxorland
    Posts
    7,102
    Finished. First major furniture piece since 7th grade woodshop.

    Walnut bookshelf. 6'6" tall, 4" wide. Mistakes were made, lessons learned. Stuff I'll nitpick forever, but nobody else will notice at first glance. I like it warts and all.



    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

  22. #2322
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On Vacation for the Duration
    Posts
    14,372
    Nice work. When I pointed to a "wart" on one of my DIY wood projects my German cabinet maker FIL said "Your friends won't notice, and anyone who notices isn't your friend."
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

  23. #2323
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    5,258
    Sweet bookshelf. Working with solid wood is just rad.

    My current plywood project for the van. Would like to get a miter and table saw eventually. Currently just a jigsaw and circular.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	413EBF1E-151F-4442-89D0-F5234590379B.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	570.0 KB 
ID:	367460
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8A34CEE7-7F88-4019-A19B-0BECE85FA706.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	639.1 KB 
ID:	367461

  24. #2324
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    inw
    Posts
    1,224
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Finished. First major furniture piece since 7th grade woodshop.

    Walnut bookshelf. 6'6" tall, 4" wide. Mistakes were made, lessons learned. Stuff I'll nitpick forever, but nobody else will notice at first glance. I like it warts and all.



    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    that's beautiful

  25. #2325
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    that's beautiful
    Yeah, that repeated grain pattern in each plank looks great, nice planning to have that showcased so well. You'll have to reserve the 2nd and 3rd shelves from the bottom for tchotchkes rather than books so you don't cover it up.

    Did you have to take a tree down to get the lumber, or do you have access to a lumberyard with discriminating taste?

Similar Threads

  1. What was your best"OH SHIT" moment?
    By BradyCU in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 06:10 AM
  2. Moyers on the religious right and the environment (nsr/long)
    By natty dread in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 02:14 AM
  3. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:56 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 07:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •