Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WTT: Elan M1111 (New)

I have a pair of brand new Elan M1111 skis that I would like to trade. I want a pair of 183 Gotamas for them, preferrably new. Willing to work out some kind of skis & cash deal.

Bump. Would consider other skis similar to the 183 Gotama.

Pics will be uploaded tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by vano View Post
    Bump. Would consider other skis similar to the 183 Gotama.
    here's an idea: sell 'em for $250ish, and get yourself a pair of those startup skis that are supposedly similar to the goats. 187 is close enough to 183
    slopstyle crosscarver junior

Quote Originally Posted by mojorisin View Post
    here's an idea: sell 'em for $250ish, and get yourself a pair of those startup skis that are supposedly similar to the goats. 187 is close enough to 183
    insightful. im not even sure i know what you are talking about, but thanks for the commentary.

^^^ You may want to look into it, because otherwise no one in their right mind is going to trade a new pair of 183 Gots for some Elan 1111's, even if you throw in $300.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    ^^^ You may want to look into it, because otherwise no one in their right mind is going to trade a new pair of 183 Gots for some Elan 1111's, even if you throw in $300.
    I don't get why people feel the need to share their oppinions, no matter how useless and uninformed, on the gear threads. Neither of you guys have any idea how much money I am willing to offer on top of the M1111s to get a pair of new or used skis - so its not like I am trying to lie or cheat or going for a deal that is stupidly outrageous - yet you feel the need to play gear swap police.

I bought these things for $285 and would sell them for that price, if I were to sell them. I know they aren't worth any more than that on these boards. I would rather save myself the hassle of two separate Gear Swap transactions if I can and do a trade + money for either a goat or something similar. I don't understand what part of this is so wrong. If I did pay another $300 on top of the Elans to get 183 goats new - that would be almost $600 bux for a pair of goats in the second most popular size - sounds very reasonable to me.

Anyway, for those people that might be interested, pictures will be posted in a few minutes.

Again, would prefer to do a trade+money for an EC fat ski, like the 183 goat or something w similar dimmensions, new or used.

Here are the pics:

I love those topsheets

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSalad View Post
    I love those topsheets
    Yeah, gotta say they are the purtiest skis I have ever had sitting in my closet. Too bad I have no use for them on the east coast.

Buddy I suggest you keep them. I just got a brand new pair myself. They are good skis and have gotten great reviews by legit places like Skiing/Ski Mag. But if you're on the East Coast then I see your point. But because they have a short tail I'm mounting prob 3cm forward of the line. The Elan dudes rip on them....can't be all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vano View Post
    I don't get why people feel the need to share their oppinions, no matter how useless and uninformed, on the gear threads. Neither of you guys have any idea how much money I am willing to offer on top of the M1111s to get a pair of new or used skis - so its not like I am trying to lie or cheat or going for a deal that is stupidly outrageous - yet you feel the need to play gear swap police.
    Calm down Beavis. I don't think anyone was trying to play price police; they were trying to be helpful. Check out the Bluehouse skis for $250 thread. UT start-up company doing an opening sale in Sep for $250 to get their product out there. Flex and demensions on the 187 District has been compared to the Goat (134-103-122) by the guys making them. Bamboo core. That's a pretty sweet deal. Hell, if you're willing to trade the 1111's plus $300, in this case you could pick up the Districts and keep the 1111's plus save $50. I thought it was some good advice.
    Last edited by connersw; 08-13-2007 at 07:29 PM.

I think cornersw is right about bluehouse. Here is the thread:
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=91037
    Thanks Shane

Looked into the blue house, they are 187cm and seem to have a pretty long running length compared to what I am looking for. The 183 goats are about as long as I would like to go and their running length is in the 150cm range, comared to the 166cm running length claimed on the blue house website. I might as well just use my 180 Pow+s, probably similar running length to blue house and already in my quiver.

I was looking to try the short and wide method for the EC trees. I have done the 188 Bros route and they work pretty nicely, but wanna try to get same or better float in a shorter and quicker package.

Fair enough. Sounds like you might have your heart set on Goats, but if you're interested in other options, you might want to check this out: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=92134

I picked up a pair of used 181s at the end of last season for the exact thing you're looking for. The flex is supposed to be a little stiffer directly underfoot, but softer in the tips/tails according the flex chart (Gotamas more even and rounded: http://www.endrehals.no/Flexcurves%202007.pdf), but from folks that have skied them, that is what they compare them to. I have yet to mount and ski mine so I can't really comment yet, but that is why I got them (a cheap alternative to Volkls).

I just don't want to see you have to let go of those Quad Ones--they're too pur-t.
    Last edited by connersw; 08-14-2007 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by connersw View Post
    Fair enough. Sounds like you might have your heart set on Goats, but if you're interested in other options, you might want to check this out: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=92134

I picked up a pair of used 181s at the end of last season for the exact thing you're looking for. The flex is supposed to be a little stiffer directly underfoot, but softer in the tips/tails according the flex chart (Gotamas more even and rounded: http://www.endrehals.no/Flexcurves%202007.pdf), but from folks that have skied them, that is what they compare them to. I have yet to mount and ski mine so I can't really comment yet, but that is why I got them (a cheap alternative to Volkls).

I just don't want to see you have to let go of those Quad Ones--they're too pur-t.

Thanks dude. I was just looking at those this morning. Very tempting deal indeed and very similar to the goats, at least in dims. Anyhow, I got a couple of trade offers in the last couple of days but they weren't what I was looking for (being pretty picky). So I am just going to go ahead and sell the quads.

I'd hang onto them, even on the EC, I was just looking at the Powder magazine gear guide and wondering if they'd make a good EC tree skiing weapon.

given the fact that they're only 184 and I've seen pairs of Spatulas and Pontoons at certain EC resorts you might still use them
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

Quote Originally Posted by laseranimal View Post
    I'd hang onto them, even on the EC, I was just looking at the Powder magazine gear guide and wondering if they'd make a good EC tree skiing weapon.

given the fact that they're only 184 and I've seen pairs of Spatulas and Pontoons at certain EC resorts you might still use them
    Think so? I have been reading that they like speed - not much room to air out on the EC, at least not in powder.

183 Gotama isn't a much better EC board than the Elans, I'd guess. Gotamas groan at slow speeds and don't like tight spacing either..... The faster you ski 'em the more responsive they ski. Wouldn't descibe 'em as an EC ski at all. ...and I own 'me and ski the east. Just don't ski the Goats in the east. Prefer something more in the 90-95mm waistist range to bully around in tight spaces.... Just my 2 cents. Feel free to ignore me.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    They are good skis and have gotten great reviews by legit places like Skiing/Ski Mag

Yeah we know how legit these magazine reviews are

^ The people that test them are better skiers than you Raps, and yes I trust their opinion over a random fool on some forum.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    ^ The people that test them are better skiers than you Raps, and yes I trust their opinion over a random fool on some forum.
    A good response might be , or , or maybe , but I am going to go with;

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

Woah someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. All i'm saying is that reviews are to be taken lightly, sometimes they are biased because of sponsors etc... so having the attitude of "hey they got good reviews in a mag so they must be good" will not necessarily translate into you liking the ski. Just pointing that out but glad you are stoked to have 'em and they certainly sounded like a good deal.

And p.s. - a 14 poster from Darien shouldn't be waving his dick around calling people random fools without anything to back them up fyi

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    183 Gotama isn't a much better EC board than the Elans, I'd guess. Gotamas groan at slow speeds and don't like tight spacing either..... The faster you ski 'em the more responsive they ski. Wouldn't descibe 'em as an EC ski at all. ...and I own 'me and ski the east. Just don't ski the Goats in the east. Prefer something more in the 90-95mm waistist range to bully around in tight spaces.... Just my 2 cents. Feel free to ignore me.
    Really? Most people have told me they aren't too bad in the woods. The crappy magazine reviews have mentioned the same too. I have been looking at the 183 caues they have a very short running length compared to other skis in that length, thought that would work nice on the EC. So what would you say my other options are? Think the P4s in a 181 would be better? Or a 179 AK Enemy?

Skis have been sold.