Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: jpg versus raw

Quote Originally Posted by Gunder View Post
    So CJ do you always go out of your way to piss of people that are trying to help you?
    I was under the impression that you two were mostly interested in getting in fights on the internet over stupid shit in this forum - see this thread and most of your guys posts in this forum. Contrast your posts here to your posts on other photo forums.
    Last edited by cj001f; 08-20-2007 at 03:47 PM.
    Elvis has left the building

Jesus Christ you people need to stop talking in absolutes.

I too find it hard to see why you would need to shoot more than 3-4 shots in a burst unless you're trying to show a time-lapse of a huck like Summit posted. Those things seem to make it into PowMag all the time, so there are instances where you MIGHT need to fill that buffer. Yes, I understand that those instances are few and far between... maybe. I don't do still photography anymore, but if my subject was launching themselves off a 100ft cliff I'm gonna take more than one shot of them in the air, if I can, just to increase my odds of having THE shot.

Hell, there are photographers out there that insist on "available light only" for their photography and refuse to use strobes. Good for them, but that doesn't make the rest of the world idiots for not following in their footsteps.

In my world nobody takes a single frame, ever. They do 3 shot bursts just in case someone blinks. They also seem to wait for the subject to gesticulate, so every time the person speaking raises their hand your hear every shutter go off repeatedly, so it sounds like a whirr... then afterwards everyone looks down real quick and does some triage on what they just shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Jesus Christ you people need to stop talking in absolutes.
    I agree, absolutely.

bump for a great thread, even with the shit talking. when I bought my fancy shmancy camera I wouldnt shoot RAW because I thought the buffer would fill too quick. then fairly recently, having decided to shoot with RAW+JPG all the time, I realized I wasn't ever filling the buffer anyway (big, big air, takeoff to landing, notwithstanding). I see that cj001f Conway has gotten numerous POWDER covers since this thread started so it's obvious who was right and who was wrong.

Tgr gold!
    Interesting how much processing speeds etc have moved on in the last few years
    fur bearing, drunk, prancing eurosnob

Holy fuck that was 4 years ago...