Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intuition Liners?

Just curious how many maggs are sporting these and if so opinions? Thinking of tossing stock molds for a set of these. I did search and found some useful info, just wondering if any new info or thoughts. Definitely looking at the PowerWrap. What say you mighty community?

I have intuitions that I got for super cheap NIB. They do stop working if molded to much though. I think I have heated mine 4 or 5 times and they are kinda fucked up.

Very warm though, and comfy when molded right.

BLOOD SWEAT STEEL Guest
    Intuitions, custom footbeds, and booster straps - best money I've ever spent, hands down. Can't put a price on comfort.

I tried to use them in Megarides, and the first molding they where too tight, and all the moldings after that they were to loose. Most people like them in their downhill boots though.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOOD SWEAT STEEL View Post
    Intuitions, custom footbeds, and booster straps - best money I've ever spent, hands down. Can't put a price on comfort.
    and warmth.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Thanks for the input. I like the warmth thing. I bought some Technica's last year and my feet freeze. I never had this problem until these boots. I like the boot flex and feel but the liners are pieces of shit. Chime in anyone else who has experience with these liners. Should I get them baked by a proshop or bake them my self? I live in N.Idaho and all the shops up here are fucking clueless to anything except short parabolic groomer skis and stock uber soft boots. One shop recommended I try a Salomon X8.WTF, that boot is so soft they wouldn't drive my wife's skis!

come see me in banff and I can help

DIY is not too bad, toe caps, pad any pressure points, and thick socks help a lot

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    come see me in banff and I can help

DIY is not too bad, toe caps, pad any pressure points, and thick socks help a lot
    You just might see me! I am due for a Canada trip come this season.

Was thinking about this for my Langes that are a little to tight/really cold/stiff.
    I already have the custom footbed, but I was thinking of shelling out for the rest. One thing I really like about the Lange liners, though, is the tongue. Even though I moved the buckle teeth in for my skinny legs, I don't get any shin bang, because of the tongue (and how it fits). Would the intuitions get thin enough on the sides, and dense/think enough in front for me?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

What he said. Intuitions kept me from throwing away a set of very expensive boots.
    "Don't tease me about my hobbies, I don't tease you about being an asshole"

I have had custom insoles for ever and would not think of anything different. Sounds like everyone is on the same page so far about the Intuitions. Great more gear to explain to wifey!

They are an amazing upgrade for any boots. Get them fitted by someone who knows what they are doing

Anyone have comments about Intuition vs. Zipfit? I've heard people praise the Intuition liners, and other say that they hated them, but Zipfits did the trick...anyone who's had both care to make a comparison? I'm thinking of getting some Kryptons with the ID liner next year, pending fit and money, but I wanna hear what the collective has to say about both liners.
    ON3P
    "a simple equation:

force of impact + force of steeze = 0

the two negate each other. for Eric, stomping a 60 ft cornice switch is like jumping on a really soft hotel mattress." - NS member ChronicF explaining why Eric Pollard still has knees.

The zipfit liner always seemed a little to involved for me. I love my thermoflex/intuitions. so much. Properly molded, they have improved every boot I have put them in. The beauty is you can determine your pressure points, stick some closed cell foam on them to create a bit of a recess, and voila, pressure gone. I will say, I was NOT impressed with the ID liner from the 2006/07 season. It never took a good form and was bulky. I switched to an older thermoflex "christmas" liner, and absolutely adore the boots now. I would just bake them yourself, plenty of good advice on the board here. I've done all my own and enjoy being able to take the time to set em up just how you want.
    Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Regarding Intuition liners, they are lighter than any stock alpine boot liner, and I found that they were somewhat stiffer (X-Wave 26.0). But they were a pain to put on in the morning, and to take off in the afternoon. After four years, the Intuition liners are as a bad as stock boot liners. Of course, my foot shape has changed over the years, maybe they work pretty good for 26.5 size boot.

Quote Originally Posted by 300hp View Post
    I will say, I was NOT impressed with the ID liner from the 2006/07 season. It never took a good form and was bulky. I switched to an older thermoflex "christmas" liner, and absolutely adore the boots now.
    Hunter
    This is where there are differences... I have both Christmas liners and the ID and I am going from the Christmas ones to the ID because the Christmas ones do not have enough. I have every buckle on its last notch, where the ID's I am more in the middle of the bail. Neither liner is right or wrong, it depends on the volume of your foot.
    Last edited by Flexon Phil; 08-23-2007 at 08:04 PM.
    Click. Point. Chute.

phil, right as usual. I guess I was expecting the IDs to give as much as my christmas liners, they did not. I have a tight shell fit, and the older liners were better able to form from low to high volume areas. For an average sizing, the IDs might infact work berry well.
    H./
    Quote Originally Posted by 3centshort View Post
    I figure when he realized he was still 10-15 feet off as he flew the K his asshole puckered so hard it ate his nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    In the other scenario, you would be like "Peanut Butter, cool, fuck I'm stuck HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME HELP ME oh fuck I'm screwed, but at least I have time to think about how screwed I am. I guess that is a blessing. FUCK NO IT'S NOT A BLESSSING I'M STUCK AND I'M DYING.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    They are an amazing upgrade for any boots. Get them fitted by someone who knows what they are doing
    echo that...
    i think the bootiftter makes just as much difference as the liner ur getting espicially if u have "problem" feet. my bootfitter built a tongue for me and did all sorts of things to my shell before everything felt good. but now ill never go back to stock liners... and the warmth factor is awesome. my toes used to freeze from the stock liners... they were never once close to feeling that cold this season.

Couloir - he built a tongue for you, on an Intuition liner? whats that look like? any pics?

Bumpage here, since I want to jump on the group buy but I am too much of a wuss to bake and fit these myself, being as I don't even know how to use my oven to cook. For those of you who went the shop bake route, how much typically does it cost to have this done? Also, anyone know any decent shops in the Philly area who does this and knows what the hell they are doing? Tall order, but otherwise I'll have to hold onto them until my next trip.

LL, or anyone else, can you comment on using Intuitions in AT boots?

I have always had trouble with heel lift and heel blisters in AT boots with thermomoldable liners. I have been to a number of reputable boot fitters in Tahoe to work on this problem. The heel lift happends with the buckles in hike mode, it is fine when cranked down in ski mode.

Tried some Intuitions with less than succesful results: First mold, they were too tight and cut off feeling and circulation to my feet, even when unbuckled. Second time, the same boot fitter fucked them up. The third time, I went to a good boot fitter but they came out too loose and I have the same heel lift problem I had before.

Has anyone one had luck with Intuitions in AT boots? Any tricks to address the problems I had above?

I solved the heel lift issue with laced Garmont Gfit 3 liners used with shaped foam above the heel pocket. However, these are wearing out and I need new liners. New Gfit 3's are more expensive and colder than the Intuitions, so I am wondering which to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Bumpage here, since I want to jump on the group buy but I am too much of a wuss to bake and fit these myself, being as I don't even know how to use my oven to cook. For those of you who went the shop bake route, how much typically does it cost to have this done? Also, anyone know any decent shops in the Philly area who does this and knows what the hell they are doing? Tall order, but otherwise I'll have to hold onto them until my next trip.

My local shop has experience with Intuitions and is going to charge me $50 for heating and subsequent fitting work.
    I think it's reasonable, and there's no way I am going to do it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo-the-skier View Post
    LL, or anyone else, can you comment on using Intuitions in AT boots?

I have always had trouble with heel lift and heel blisters in AT boots with thermomoldable liners. I have been to a number of reputable boot fitters in Tahoe to work on this problem. The heel lift happends with the buckles in hike mode, it is fine when cranked down in ski mode.

Tried some Intuitions with less than succesful results: First mold, they were too tight and cut off feeling and circulation to my feet, even when unbuckled. Second time, the same boot fitter fucked them up. The third time, I went to a good boot fitter but they came out too loose and I have the same heel lift problem I had before.

Has anyone one had luck with Intuitions in AT boots? Any tricks to address the problems I had above?

I solved the heel lift issue with laced Garmont Gfit 3 liners used with shaped foam above the heel pocket. However, these are wearing out and I need new liners. New Gfit 3's are more expensive and colder than the Intuitions, so I am wondering which to get.
    That's all Ive used them in. THey kick the G-fits ass. Cooking according to the new Intuition instructions is very important - even an experienced fitter using the conventional method made my liners too small

That's all Ive used them in. THey kick the G-fits ass. Cooking according to the new Intuition instructions is very important - even an experienced fitter using the conventional method made my liners too small
    Could you elucidate me about the conventional method, the new method, and the differences in between? I want to be able to see which method my boot fitter is using.

Here's a post from rippah which explains this - http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...5&postcount=43

When you buy the liners Intuition will send instructions in re this method

The key is that the liners are heated while they're in the shells