Source to buy ISSW proceedings?

I was looking for copies of the last few ISSW's proceedings (1998-2006) and I was wondering if anyone knew of a source to buy them at. I can't find a source online and they would be really helpful for my research.

Some are available online here, or you can just contact them:

http://www.avalanche.org/
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I was stuck in Norway and missed Whistler. Does anybody have a copy of the proceedings that they might want to part with?

Quote Originally Posted by eirikainersharp View Post
    I was stuck in Norway and missed Whistler. Does anybody have a copy of the proceedings that they might want to part with?
    Whistler ISSW is just starting today- hold your horses!
    "if it's called tourist season, why can't we just shoot them?"

oh.. i thoug it started on the 15th... well perfect - if you see a spare proceedings lying around grab it for me!

this ISSW's proceedings are on a CD, don't know if they will be available as a hard copy, but I can try to find out. If you know anybody attending, maybe you can burn a copy.

I'll ask if I can get some extra CDs to distribute to Maggots. If not, I'll at least find out how you can buy them.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Hugh Conway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    I'll ask if I can get some extra CDs to distribute to Maggots. If not, I'll at least find out how you can buy them.
    Thanks Mike!

Our field director is there, if he has a copy he'll let me burn when he gets back I can make a bunch as well.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    Our field director is there, if he has a copy he'll let me burn when he gets back I can make a bunch as well.
    you might want to check with the folks who ran ISSW 2008 before doing this. it's a not-for-profit process.

might be worthwhile to contact them and offer to make a payment to help them out (they might have come out in the hole for 2008), or to have folks that go this route at least make contributions to their local avy centers if the ISSW organizers don't want the $$.

that's a very good point upallnight.

as someone who is going to help put together ISSW 2010 in Squaw Valley, CA, I'd have to agree - cd's and hard copies of the proceedings can be ordered by contacting the ISSW 2008 folks at information@issw2008.com - hopefully they have order info up on the website soon

I did manage to beg, buy, and steal a dozen extra cd copies of the proceedings for you guys. Post a message here if you'd like a copy. Here's the catch: I'll mail you a copy of the cd IF you join either the American Avalanche Association or the Canadian Avalanche Association at the appropriate level, or subscribe to one of the organizations' journals. I'm a Professional Member of A3, and I just subscribed to the Canadian Avalanche Journal while at ISSW. As a newly elected board member of A3, one of my goals is to get more of you Maggots as members.

American Avalanche Association membership info - http://www.americanavalancheassociat...embership.html (FYI - membership rates go up after 10/31/2008)
    The Avalanche Review - best damned snownewspaper on the planet - http://www.americanavalancheassociat...lications.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Canadian Avalanche Asociation membership info - www.avalanche.ca
    Canadian Avalanche Journal - https://www.avalanche.ca/shop/store/...p?idProduct=51

and, last but not least, I was directed to the Archives page on the ISSW 2008 website - http://www.issw2008.com/index.php?p=archives - only the 2002 and 2006 links actually work....

as someone who is going to help put together ISSW 2010 in Squaw Valley, CA, I'd have to agree - cd's and hard copies of the proceedings can be ordered by contacting the ISSW 2008 folks at information@issw2008.com - hopefully they have order info up on the website soon

I did manage to beg, buy, and steal a dozen extra cd copies of the proceedings for you guys. Post a message here if you'd like a copy. Here's the catch: I'll mail you a copy of the cd IF you join either the American Avalanche Association or the Canadian Avalanche Association at the appropriate level, or subscribe to one of the organizations' journals. I'm a Professional Member of A3, and I just subscribed to the Canadian Avalanche Journal while at ISSW. As a newly elected board member of A3, one of my goals is to get more of you Maggots as members.

American Avalanche Association membership info - http://www.americanavalancheassociat...embership.html (FYI - membership rates go up after 10/31/2008)
    The Avalanche Review - best damned snownewspaper on the planet - http://www.americanavalancheassociat...lications.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Canadian Avalanche Asociation membership info - www.avalanche.ca
    Canadian Avalanche Journal - https://www.avalanche.ca/shop/store/...p?idProduct=51

and, last but not least, I was directed to the Archives page on the ISSW 2008 website - http://www.issw2008.com/index.php?p=archives - only the 2002 and 2006 links actually work....
    Mike,

I missed ISSW this time. I'm planning be at Squaw. Could you please send me a digital copy of the proceedings?

comin' your way...

i'd love a copy and am an AAA member, an annual CAIC donor and always seem to be in south america during issw...

I just noticed that the 2008 proceedings are available to download on the AIARE website. No strings attached.

Thumbs up

Hi folks,

I'm Colin McCubbin, webmaster for issw2008.com This thread has just been pointed out to me. I apologise for not updating the site as promptly as I'd have liked too, my wife was dying of cancer during this summer and passed on Oct 3rd...

I promised Helene that I'll get the proceedings uploaded (it is a 1112 page(!) .pdf, and even with a fast line it took me 35 minutes to download after I first tried adding it to the site. So I intended to break it down into either the 4 single day's proceedings or, if I get the time to link each single presentation to it's own menu item. But that is a lot of work and I've been 'occupied'! (And i'm only a volly too, not paid.)

As far as I know cd's are available, and would be the best way to access all the proceedings, and I'm meeting Helene this week and will try to add purchase details here and at the issw2008 site.

Aloha,

Colin McC

I just noticed that the 2008 proceedings are available to download on the AIARE website. No strings attached.
    Site currently gives an Error 500 - Internal server error... message????

Quote Originally Posted by colinmcc View Post
    Site currently gives an Error 500 - Internal server error... message????

email Murphy at AIARE

Thanks for doing this Colin. I was harrassing Helene at ISSW for cd's for the Maggots and she kindly gave me a few. I understand where you're coming from - I do a lot of volunteer work for A3. It takes a lot more time then folks think.

Want it for Free?

Hey all,
    I actually know where you can get a copy for free...
    http://avtraining.org/Avalanche-Trai...E-Level-3.html
    scroll down to the bottom of the left hand menu bar and you will see 2008 proceedings, provided to you by AIARE...Thanks AIARE!!
    Lots of really interesting articles...Enjoy!

Edit: Just realized someone said that but here's the link at least ^