Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Angry Plz Halp! Must get the rank out!

Heh... this is so nasty... I don't know who to ask other than a bunch of other equally disgusting people . I generally have pretty good personal hygene, promise.

However, part of IM training is that out on those 100mi training rides you pee without getting off the bike. And, so, after being initially grossed out, I got over it and learned to do this. Many, many times.

And now my bike shoes FUCKING STINK TO HIGH HELL. Think, dead cats. Think the 125th st/W side highway overpass. Think a bunch of roadkill skunks, trapped in a car, on a hot day, in a garbage dump in Mumbai, while five midgets vomit on top of their carcasses.

Seriously, the shoes are completely rank and since I am now tapering for the next two weeks I have nothing else to do except obess over their foulness. I can't even pack them in my bag without them smelling up the rest of my tri gear.

Please send hydrochloric acid, vibes, and other suggestions for my stinky roadshoes.

Kisses,
    Court
    PS- I have tried regular hand washing them in the sink, also soaked them overnight in soapy water, and finally scrubbed them in ajax w. bleach, and soaked them in ajax-y water overnight, and still nothing.
    PPS- they were $120 with shop hookup so "throw them out and get a new pair" is not an option for my frugal ass.

I heard a good urine smell removal solution is a mix of vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide with water. Let soak...

p.s.: hydrogen peroxide can bleach out some colour depending on type of fabric and dye so maybe test it first on hidden part of shoe...
    Last edited by Van_skier; 08-07-2007 at 12:10 PM.

BD4A -

You might want to give plain old white vinegar a shot - it's generally pretty good at getting foul odors out of clothing and other materials. I'd use equal parts vinegar and water in a wash.

bklyn is offline who guards the guardians?
    At the pet stores they sell an enzyme/detergent mix called "Nature's Miracle".
    It gets the piss smell out.
    I'm just a simple girl trying to make my way in the universe...
    I come up hard, baby but now I'm cool I didn't make it, sugar playin' by the rules
    If you know your history, then you would know where you coming from, then you wouldn't have to ask me, who the heck do I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    +1. Enzyme cleaners are necessary for nasty organic smells.

put em on ebay.
    Dude chill its the padded room. -AKPM

Try this.

Also, when you let them dry stuff them with news paper to help pull out the funk to.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

I'm really, really, really trying hard not to laugh.

oops......didn't work.

Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by bklyn View Post
    That would be my suggestion. Though, we've used the generic version (cause we're also "frugal") and it seems to work just as well.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I'm really, really, really trying hard not to laugh.

oops......didn't work.

Yeah, I would have gone with "My cat pissed in my shoes - how do I get it out?"

I knew there was a reason why I don't road bike...

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post

I knew there was a reason why I don't road bike...

I rode road bikes for years and never dun pissed in mah dang shoes.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    I rode road bikes for years and never dun pissed in mah dang shoes.
    oh yeah? well, clearly you are a biking hack and not a serious, competitive, uber-mensch athlete such as myself! can't you tell this thread is for people who know what they are talking about?! shesh!

nah in all seriousness, my pee-on-the-bike logic was as follows: i suck. ergo, during the ironman, if i get off the bike and go into portapotty or behind a bush or whatever, chances are, i might not even want to/be able to get back ON the damn bike, so maintaining some constant semblance of forward motion is critical

You should wash the bike too.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

While the SR denizens are generally fairly nasty and un-hygienic, I think you've outed yourself as more disgusting than pretty much anyone else here.

You urinate in your shoes while riding a bike.

Yucky.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

This explains the 'no drafting' in triathlons thing, I guess.

I peed in phUnk's shoes once at I-Street when he was eyeing a jump.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    I proposed burning them.
    This wasn't well met.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

She did not want to sacrifice them to Urll?

Shame on her.
    Since then it's been a book you read in reverse, so you understand less as the pages turn.

The things you find on the net.

The question C is will you still get a congratulatory hug after crossing the finishline?? You can just tell your fans it's all sweat.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Jesus... pissing in your shoes???

Well, maybe if you stopped shaving your legs the piss wouldn't make it down to your shoes. Better yet... just install a couple of 12" funnels around your ankles to deflect the urine.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    While the SR denizens are generally fairly nasty and un-hygienic, I think you've outed yourself as more disgusting than pretty much anyone else here.

You urinate in your shoes while riding a bike.

Yucky.
    oh, pish posh, it's not like i'm drinking margaritas out of them afterwards... they're shoes, you hose em down, throw em in a bin, take a shower, and they stay there until the next ride. i'm sure your shoes all smell like pretty pretty princesses and flowers.

on the pointy end, calling the line, swearing my fucking ass off
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanDip4All View Post
    oh, pish posh, it's not like i'm drinking margaritas out of them afterwards... they're shoes, you hose em down, throw em in a bin, take a shower, and they stay there until the next ride. i'm sure your shoes all smell like pretty pretty princesses and flowers.
    And then you let someone else pick up your transition bag and just say "my shoes stink" without quite expressing just how fucking vile they are.
    The only thing worse than the feeling that you are going to die is the realization that you probably won't.

Other than suggesting the universal-type pet deodorizer that breaks down enzymes causing the smell, I have nothing useful to add... Exroomate used that stuff on my gear bag where his newly acquired pre-infamous-procedure male cat decided to go peepee. Apparently it worked well enough to pass the said gear bag on to his gf.

Oh and LOL!!!1one.

Edit: will the next thread be about running shoes?
    Last edited by wi3dzmin; 08-07-2007 at 02:49 PM.
    We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

There must be something seriously wrong with me cause simply did not gross me out.

My kid also puked on me yesterday with what seemed like a 5 gallon bucket of yuck, and instead of feeling grossed out, I felt really really bad for her. She really put some effort into it. Her eyes were saying Daddy make it stop. She looked scared.

If I ever pee in my shoes at least it will bring memories of this thread.

I was not to grossed out by this thread. At least not until that ^.