Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,203

    Thumbs up PSA: Black Crowes on Tour

    The boys are at it again, returning to their smaller club roots. Crystal Ballroom in PDX, Big Sleezy in Boise--it's going to be the tits.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    be here now
    Posts
    4,943
    el Les Schwab in Bendifornia
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Portland, OR, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,528
    at the Crystal on a Saturday night! that kicks ass. Tix on Sale 8/11.
    another Handsome Boy graduate

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bottom of the hill...
    Posts
    1,354
    They coming to slc?
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

    -Pain McShlonkey

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    They coming to slc?
    Nope. The 70 minute show they put on at the Salt Air last time they were here lessens my disappointment, though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Bottom of the hill...
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope Benedict XVI View Post
    Nope. The 70 minute show they put on at the Salt Air last time they were here lessens my disappointment, though.
    That's fuckin weak sauce. That they're not coming and they only played for 70 minutes. I don't understand some bands that I have seen that have these big crowds and people screaming their names, and all they do is go through the motions and get on and off as soon as possible. Lame.
    Just ski down there and jump of a somethin' fer cryin' out loud!

    -Pain McShlonkey

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,203
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    That's fuckin weak sauce. That they're not coming and they only played for 70 minutes. I don't understand some bands that I have seen that have these big crowds and people screaming their names, and all they do is go through the motions and get on and off as soon as possible. Lame.
    FWIW, I've seen them several times and it's never been less than 2.5 hours, minimum. Something was wrong would be my guess.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,255
    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    FWIW, I've seen them several times and it's never been less than 2.5 hours, minimum. Something was wrong would be my guess.
    AKA Salt Air blows goats

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Queen City, NC
    Posts
    1,117

    Saw them @ Red Rocks Sunday Night

    With NMAS opening - they were as good as ever - "oldie" setlist - Rich is obviously pissed @ Chris and/or the again. Encore was cover of RS's "Cant you hear me knocking" = good

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,486

    whoa mule

    Quote Originally Posted by givethepigeye View Post
    With NMAS opening - they were as good as ever - "oldie" setlist - Rich is obviously pissed @ Chris and/or the again. Encore was cover of RS's "Cant you hear me knocking" = good
    I got to thinking that they were just doin' a classic schtick, 2 brothers that can't stand each other....until the show here in boston a few weeks back. Not one bad vibe b/t the robinson bros.every member of the band has a beard now, except the guy on keyboards who was just a lil scruffy.
    They sound fucking awesome live !
    Long LIVE da Crowes, one of my favorite jam bands EVER !
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,203
    Quote Originally Posted by willywhit View Post
    I got to thinking that they were just doin' a classic schtick, 2 brothers that can't stand each other....until the show here in boston a few weeks back. Not one bad vibe b/t the robinson bros.every member of the band has a beard now, except the guy on keyboards who was just a lil scruffy.
    They sound fucking awesome live !
    Long LIVE da Crowes, one of my favorite jam bands EVER !
    HOW DARE YOU, WILLY! The Crowes are NOT a jam band. Fucking not. Fuck fuck fuck. I've seen enough jam bands to know and the Crowes are called Rock'n'Roll. Just cause the hippies embraced them doesn't mean they're anywhere near as boring as Panic, unoriginal as Govt. Mule or utterly souless as Phish.

    I'm fine. Seriously.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,486

    dave matthews rules

    Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    HOW DARE YOU, WILLY! The Crowes are NOT a jam band. Fucking not. Fuck fuck fuck. I've seen enough jam bands to know and the Crowes are called Rock'n'Roll. Just cause the hippies embraced them doesn't mean they're anywhere near as boring as Panic, unoriginal as Govt. Mule or utterly souless as Phish.

    I'm fine. Seriously.
    you make an excellent point Rev, I stand corrected. I thought they'd qualify as a jam band if every band member was a scruffy bearded hippy.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by the Mad View Post
    Government Mule with Alan Woody were not unoriginal.
    The Dirty Dozen Brass Band

    a moment of silence for Alan Woody

    I think Rev was kidding

    http://www.mule.net/
    Last edited by willywhit; 03-18-2008 at 01:09 AM.
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huh?
    Posts
    10,917
    Tix are purchased for the South Shore Room in SLT. This show is going to be fucking RADDDDD!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Huh?
    Posts
    10,917
    Tix are purchased for the South Shore Room in SLT. This show is going to be fucking RADDDDD!!!
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Orangina
    Posts
    7,203
    What's the date, Arty? I checked their site but I can't tell exactly which show that is. Will there be decent mtb'ing by then or too early? I may have to make a trip out there for this one!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stuck in perpetual Meh
    Posts
    35,257
    August 3rd at Wolf Trap for any Mid-Atlantic maggots.... Tix not yet on sale.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,943
    Are they playing this on tour?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,486

    old mud

    I think the real beauty of this tour , besides them playing small venues, is that you never know what they're gonna put together for a setlist. You'll hear a fair amount of songs from Warpaint but they'll whip out some stuff from all over. That NEM tune from Letterman 2004 really rocks. They'll throw in a Sting Me or some other classic Crowes tune but it's not a hit list, not even close. http://www.newearthmud.net/oldmud.cfm
    these guys are the real deal
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    right behind you!
    Posts
    5,185
    The only CO date is the Mile High Music Festival.


    Might need to join you Floater, for the Harrah's run.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,486
    coming around again !
    10/14 providence
    10/15 portland
    10/17 boston
    Bacon tastes good. Pork chops taste goood.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,822
    Looks like the band might be getting back together.

    Saw a billboard just like this on the way in this morning



    Popping up in other cities too.

    Iím in.
    I still call it The Jake.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Babylon
    Posts
    10,255
    it would be surprising but great to see.
    Last run was ( @ ) ( @ )

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,822
    https://www.jambase.com/article/the-...nion-billboard

    https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...er/4158568002/

    https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-black...zz-11570809785

    I don't know, there seems to be some smoke here.

    Then again it's the Robinson brothers so it could all go to hell in a matter of days anyway.

    Wonder if Steve Gorman will be a part of it?
    I still call it The Jake.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    General Sherman's Favorite City
    Posts
    18,822
    Steve Gorman says its on, and has an interesting take on the reasons behind it, and if he'll be involved.

    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/st...-is-happening/
    I still call it The Jake.

Similar Threads

  1. The Patagonia Outlet - Dillon, MT Specials - March 15-31, 2005
    By mntlion in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 03:35 PM
  2. TR CH - Eat'n smoke at the Tour d'Ai
    By Lostinthetrees in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-22-2005, 10:48 AM
  3. Lance in Tour de France 2005
    By TeleAl in forum Sprocket Rockets
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 10:41 AM
  4. Patagonia - Winterfest Sale
    By mntlion in forum Gear Swap (List View)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-16-2005, 09:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •