Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

bluehouse skis - $250

deal September 1-15th

new company poking its head out from lcc.

http://www.bluehouseskis.com/

-mspish ski (92 waist) that their "park" ski in 179 and 171
    -103 waisted pow ski at 187
    -3 year warranty!!!

seems as if they are going with the praxis business model of getting their name out there first and letting their product do their marketing.

it says here they'll be $250.
    info here

edit- my bad about the 115 wist mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by djdave
    Okay guys. I've got some details...!

There is a limited quantity being sold at $250 , so be sure to order them quick! The deal will be available online starting Sept 1. The warranty will likely be dropped to 2 years at this price, but that is still good coverage.

Both models are going to be $250. It's a steal... you can get yourself a park/on-piste ski and a pow ski for $500 !

The MR is by no means a noodle, but the bamboo core allows extra flex without losing stability at high speeds. So... perfect all-mountain ski.

Those of you still skeptical, Bluehouse have a group heading down to Chile in a week or so, and will review them once they get a ride on the Bluehouse skis.
    Last edited by lax; 07-31-2007 at 06:00 PM.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

i think the pow ski is only 103mm.

Says the 187 will be at 103 at the waist. Sounds like a sweet deal if the skis are decent and they fit the size/flex you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, I'm not allowed to delete this post, but, I can say, go fuck yourselves, everybody!

Where do you see the $250?

Looks like the 103 waisted ones are $850 - seems a little steep.......and narrow for a company based where they are.......

I looked at their website. For $250 that is a great deal. The 187 cm ski is actually 103mm waist, not 115. I wonder what the flex will be like on their 103.

Where does it say $250 on their website?...I can't find it either for some reason. Didn't see mention of the 115 waisted ski either.

Check out in their blog ion thier site where t mentions that David Wintzer joined their team. In the blog it says that he made a top ten appearance at Kirkwood this year. I watched the comp this year, and don't remember seeing his name, so I checked and not only was he NOT in the top ten, but he didn't even make the Final Day. They might just be talking about the qualifier which is totally different than the actual world tour event....a bit misleading IMO.
    thank you for calling

yes - but this is still sick...

well yeah abosolutely...that's a sick air for sure!
    thank you for calling

Ok. Those of you wondering where it says $250 on their website, it doesn't.
    Bluehouse Skis are holding a pre-season sale from Sept 1-14 where all their products will go for $250.

This is quoted from my post at NS:
    MR: Do-it-all ski, massive pop and super dampening, while 93 underfoot allows all-mountain performance.
    District: The ski for backcountry domination. 103 underfoot.
    All skis have ABS Sidewall, 360 degree Rockwell 48C Edges, and are sandwich construction. It also comes with a 3 year warranty. All for $250.

This is a sale you won't want to miss...
    And if you're wondering where I came up with the $250 info, I was told personally by the co-founder of Bluehouse about the pre-season sale.

Thread-maker also posted a link to my blog (Ski Shack), where I interviewed the co-founder of Bluehouse. You might want to head over and have a look at what he has to say about the up-and-coming company.

I'm not quite sure how the sale will go down, or whether there are limited quantities, but I will find out and tell you ASAP. I'm not involved with the company in any way, merely a blogger.
    Last edited by DJDaveX; 07-31-2007 at 03:16 PM.

I'd buy a pair at $250...

Has anyone skied the 187s and if so, where would you rank their stiffness on MOs scale:

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=41028
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Dibs.....

Funny - we have another "one-eight-seven" at a silly price. LET THE GEAR WHORING BEGIN (I'm in also)

says the district is "weightless." wonder how light, if feathery enough it could make a good dynafit pow ski

hmm, not to sure on the bambo core idea...but 250$ for a pair does sound good.... Has anyone seen these things? are they legit or just another knock off that will delam after the first day and feel dead after 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmurphy View Post
    if feathery enough it could make a good dynafit pow ski
    That's what I'm thinking my friend. Wonder if we'll blow through all of the stock like the ninthward purchase?

I felt up a pair of the park ski style - lowish 90's at the waist i think. Pretty stiff and I think i was flexing the shortest model (171?). Construction seemed pretty legit too. I'm definately curious about the district model.

edit: oh - and the rumor is the first batch is 500 skis fresh off the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertier View Post
    I felt up a pair of the park ski style - lowish 90's at the waist i think. Pretty stiff and I think i was flexing the shortest model (171?). Construction seemed pretty legit too. I'm definately curious about the district model.

edit: oh - and the rumor is the first batch is 500 skis fresh off the boat.
    That is not a rumor... it's a fact. I've posted an update on the sale at my blog (Ski Shack).

Quote Originally Posted by DJDaveX View Post
    That is not a rumor... it's a fact. I've posted an update on the sale at my blog (Ski Shack).
    Okay, I'll bite. The URL for which is....?

(But for the record, that something was posted in a five-poster's blog does not render it a fact.)
    not counting days 2016-17

It's the link at the top... www.skishack.bryansoft.com

If I told you that I spoke to the founder himself, would that render it a fact?

They've got around 500 pairs at the mo, if they're all sold, then they may do another sale in November.
    Last edited by DJDaveX; 08-01-2007 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lookinback View Post
    hmm, not to sure on the bambo core idea...but 250$ for a pair does sound good.... Has anyone seen these things? are they legit or just another knock off that will delam after the first day and feel dead after 2 weeks?
    Bamboo core is gaining popularity due to it's high strength to weight ratio. Several custom ski companies are starting to use it including Kingswood, one of the more popular custom ski makers on this board.

It is not cheap however and this has stopped the major ski companies from using it in a mass produced ski.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Heck, I'd be in at $250.....anyone know how this will work? Online purchase? Name in a hat???

It's working similar to a SteepAndCheap format. The deal lasts as long as the stock does. (~500) Simple as.

Bamboo core allows extra flex, as well as being stable at high speeds.

Read my blog for updates: www.skishack.bryansoft.com

these seem to be a rip off of High Society Freeride... same demensions... same sizes... very similar cores..... I wonder where they are pressed.......