Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lax View Post
    is that really how soft goats are?
    Those looked like they had more flex than I would have expected. I have 190 06/07 goats and I think they are stiffer. But who knows, all I have seen about Bluehouse is from that vid. I want to get a pair of these and mate them with some dynafits as well.

the MR looks nice and snappy

mr was shown in real time, the 187 in slow-mo. its probably pretty snappy as well, just tough to see slowed down like that.

Niche

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    Serious questions: why should I buy your skis?

...I guess what I'm saying is find a niche and fill it. Look at other successful small ski manufacturers. DP does a lot of "Fun Shapes," and I'd be willing to bet that their company's success is dependent on them being innovative with the Lotus 120/138. Praxis decided to make a better spat, for cheap (at least the $400 deal). The list goes on--and it also includes small ski companies that aren't doing so well (does fattypus still make skis?).
    We appreciate your advise. This whole thing is moving a lot faster than we expected. So we're open to admit that we're still defining our niche(s). We do have a couple manifestos that may define what we offer as a company:

We're in it for the skier. Bluehouse co-founder, Jared Richards said "We're dead set against greed." We don't know what the future holds for Bluehouse (we like to believe we can make it last). Contrarily, we know how it began. It was a dream to make solid skis, not a dream to make loads of money.

We believe in working with the ski community. Bluehouse's main objective is to produce skis that our skiers want. We'll expand our lineup next year based on discussion and reviews from those who ride this year's MRs and DISTRICTs. We'll talk to our skiers and be available to them for their candid feedback.

Basically, we just want BH skiers to play a role in our company, not just ride our skis. That may be the closest thing we have to a niche at this point.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane@Bluehouse View Post
    We appreciate your advise. This whole thing is moving a lot faster than we expected. So we're open to admit that we're still defining our niche(s). We do have a couple manifestos that may define what we offer as a company:

We're in it for the skier. Bluehouse co-founder, Jared Richards said "We're dead set against greed." We don't know what the future holds for Bluehouse (we like to believe we can make it last). Contrarily, we know how it began. It was a dream to make solid skis, not a dream to make loads of money.

We believe in working with the ski community. Bluehouse's main objective is to produce skis that our skiers want. We'll expand our lineup next year based on discussion and reviews from those who ride this year's MRs and DISTRICTs. We'll talk to our skiers and be available to them for their candid feedback.

Basically, we just want BH skiers to play a role in our company, not just ride our skis. That may be the closest thing we have to a niche at this point.
    I hear you guys. And I'm not trying to come down on you; I sincerely wish you success. And really, it doesn't have to be complicated--if customers are, at the end of the day, happier and better off on your skis, you will be fine. Most small companies do it with innovation, because they don't have the volume to do it with a low price, or the network of dealers to provide support. And believe me, the light-ski thing is good, but also fairly common and not obviously innovative (how do they compare to a 185 Scratch BC?). Perhaps bamboo skis better. Or it skis like shit. I don't know...time will tell.

I'm also skeptical of the people of say this $250 deal "will create enormous goodwill." Loyalty is a fickle thing; having something the other guy wants is much more dependable. I'm curious how many people who buy the ski at $250 (the ones that supposedly feel goodwill towards BH) will buy the another ski from you at full price. You need to find a fair price for the long-term, something which will depend on the quality of the ski and the overall customer experience. I know $250 isn't the answer, but I also don't think $850 is it either. I'm just curious if you've run the finances at various price points to determine what it will take to stay in business and support yourself. If you have, good on you: taking preparations like that are the marks of a decent plan. If not, I suggest you do so.

It's late and I'm rambling...bedtime.

For sure. Advise well received.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com

i'd be interested in those districts for $250. any word on the mag deal idea?

I just want to know if this company is liberty skis under a different name or not? what makes your skis unique from liberty?

a quick visit to each's website might help you determine that.

-aaron

Those skis look floppy as hell. Who wants to be charging down a line on popsicle sticks. MRs are almost carbon copies of Liberty SB180s. For cheap Chinese construction/production and materials how on earth are you going to sell those skis for $850. For that price you could get some custom boards with some ballin metal in them. I'm curious to see how these skis hold up and perform. I'm a skeptic of the cheap soft ski niche that you can see these days but I'm very much down with the small start-up ski company with dope graphics.

I'm snagging a pair, maybe 2 even.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    Those skis look floppy as hell. Who wants to be charging down a line on popsicle sticks. MRs are almost carbon copies of Liberty SB180s. For cheap Chinese construction/production and materials how on earth are you going to sell those skis for $850. For that price you could get some custom boards with some ballin metal in them. I'm curious to see how these skis hold up and perform. I'm a skeptic of the cheap soft ski niche that you can see these days but I'm very much down with the small start-up ski company with dope graphics.
    I've got an idea. When start up ski companies come to TGR and offer brand new skis for $250, people like you STFU and crawl back to wherever you came from. Deal?

BTW, looks like all this douchebags posts are in gear swap. Go back to Newschoolers, assbag.

Quote Originally Posted by bennettc14 View Post
    STFUYFM.

And we care about your skepticism why? JONG. There new skis for $250, they have great consumer relations, and they are believeing that they are doing the right thing. Give them a chance. They support this industry.

JONG.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    I love it when shitweasels get there panties all in a bunch.

floppy or not, i'll be in for a pair of districts...and i'll use 'em when conditons warrant.
    and props to the guys at bluehouse for the nice deal!
    maggot pre-sale would be great - that's labor day weekend.
    Last edited by buckethead; 08-04-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FREESKIER_FIVE-0 View Post
    STFUYFM.

And we care about your skepticism why? JONG. There new skis for $250, they have great consumer relations, and they are believeing that they are doing the right thing. Give them a chance. They support this industry.

JONG.
    Ditto. Any ski company willing to pass out sub-$300 boards, youtubes of the flex, and answer questions from the peanut gallery to get in the game deserves a chance. Don't be a hater bennettc.
    Turning is for when things get in your way ||

Bluehouse right on. I've spoke to Shane a few times and these guys are straight ahead. I'm putting a link to there website on a site I built. PS-I hope the wife doesn't blow a fuse when I buy another pair of skis, that'll be 4 pairs this summer.
    Last edited by jonesy; 08-04-2007 at 05:04 PM.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Thanks for the support guys.

Right now is a funny time. We've built our 07-08 line. We've shown them and promoted them. But we haven't gotten any skiers on them yet. So we're anxious for the season to get here. At that time we can work on our future products based on your reviews.

We understand that two skis will never please all skier demands and we wish we could have built more, but we've been working with limited funds. This is only year one. We will be expanding our ski line next year to please more ski styles. So kindly make your requests and we'll listen.

Thanks again guys. Bluehouse is in it for you.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com

I recommend you guys read the tech talk forums a bit. Many people have posted in there over the years with various off the cuff type things about skis they want to ski that aren't available. Alot of the comments are changes to current or past skis that would make them a little different. It might be worth the research. One that I do remember very recently was some one wanted a pair of Pow+ with a more moderate flex with carbon and not so much metal for a lighter feel. I bring it up becuase it sounds like something I would go for. Info like that might help to inspire you guys developing a new ski or two. .

Quote Originally Posted by tromano View Post
    I recommend you guys read the tech talk forums a bit. Many people have posted in there over the years with various off the cuff type things about skis they want to ski that aren't available. Alot of the comments are changes to current or past skis that would make them a little different. It might be worth the research. One that I do remember very recently was some one wanted a pair of Pow+ with a more moderate flex with carbon and not so much metal for a lighter feel. I bring it up becuase it sounds like something I would go for. Info like that might help to inspire you guys developing a new ski or two. .
    Thanks, T. On it.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com

Very intriguing. I would also like to see the answer to the camber question and a solid weight number.

Super sharp looking graphics on the Districts. I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
    Super sharp looking graphics on the Districts. I like.
    sharp indeed!
    and the color scheme matches a vintage (circa 1970) NYC bus stop sign i have.

shane:
    any thoughts on the oft-suggested maggot pre-buy?
    i may not be near a computer come midnite on the 1st.

also, in a TECH TALK vein:
    has anyone else thought about mounting a pair of dukes to these?

both pairs look promising! I'm stoked to get my hands on some, thanks bluehouse! You guys seems alright!

About the maggot pre-buy...it seems to me that this is in essence a "pre buy" as it is being announced in a few places (here, NS, their website etc..) I know that from a startup company perspective there is nothing more time consuming that dealing with a bunch of special instances for only certain groups.

Besides, with the amount of lurkers on this board, any maggot buy would just as much a free-for-all as the Sept. 1 purchase. Even at $250; 500 people putting their money where their mouth is would suprise me. I'm sure you'll get skis if you want them.

Don't mean to thrunt, just seems like these guys have enough to worry about already. Nice video BTW, topsheets look slick.

Quote Originally Posted by TyWebb View Post
    Don't mean to thrunt, just seems like these guys have enough to worry about already. Nice video BTW, topsheets look slick.
    not at all...as i posted i was thinking: yea a pre-buy would be great, but i know i don't have the time to administer it. i'll work something out - even if i have to change my plans...
    yea, those district topsheets pretty much had me sold!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    not at all...as i posted i was thinking: yea a pre-buy would be great, but i know i don't have the time to administer it. i'll work something out - even if i have to change my plans...
    yea, those district topsheets pretty much had me sold!
    For the record, I'll likely be away from the computer on Sep 1st as well. (Skiing! Hellz yeah.) But I bet if you found another maggot who was pre-buying you could get said maggot to snag a pair for you. It sounds like they'll allow at least two pairs per customer.