Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bda10889 View Post
    these seem to be a rip off of High Society Freeride... same demensions... same sizes... very similar cores..... I wonder where they are pressed.......
    They are made in China (easier to get bamboo )

Quote Originally Posted by bda10889 View Post
    these seem to be a rip off of High Society Freeride... same demensions... same sizes... very similar cores..... I wonder where they are pressed.......
    Which is similar to the KW mid-fat, which is similar to the Capitol El Jefe, which is similar to the Igneous FFGS, which is similar to half a dozen more skis made right now by custom manufactures.

There is a reason the design is popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermittent
    And furthermore. What is up with turkey bacon? Healthy bacon? Unpossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by snowsprite
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Ok..... made in China huh.... i spoke to soon..... my bad...

Is 10889 the internet code for a moron?
    That is like masturbation. People resort to it when they can't have the real thing!

Quote Originally Posted by DJDaveX View Post
    If I told you that I spoke to the founder himself, would that render it a fact?
    If there's any question, people can talk to one of the founders themselves. He's posted on here before. More beta: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ight=bluehouse

^ Is that Jared or Adam?

And, yea, they're pressed in China, at the same place as Liberty.

I suppose it's time we make somewhat of an official sale announcement. BH will put on an early-season sale for a limited time, Sept. 1-14. All our skis will be marked down to $250 a pair. The sale will take place exclusively online: www.bluehouseskis.com.

Skis purchased at this sale price will include a one-year warranty. We're certain you'll find our products solid. But we simply can't afford to deliver our full warranty for this price. Our full warranty will accompany regularly-priced products.

There is a purpose behind this sale that goes deeper than just giving ski lovers a sick deal. This sale is a demonstration of our support for the local ski community and a pro-active 'thank you' to those who know about BH Skis and believe in us early on. Main objective: get BH skis under your feet.

There is a limited quantity of 500 skis. The sale will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shane@Bluehouse View Post
    I suppose it's time we make somewhat of an official sale announcement. BH will put on an early-season sale for a limited time, Sept. 1-14. All our skis will be marked down to $250 a pair. The sale will take place exclusively online: www.bluehouseskis.com.

Skis purchased at this sale price will include a one-year warranty. We're certain you'll find our products solid. But we simply can't afford to deliver our full warranty for this price. Our full warranty will accompany regularly-priced products.

There is a purpose behind this sale that goes deeper than just giving ski lovers a sick deal. This sale is a demonstration of our support for the local ski community and a pro-active 'thank you' to those who know about BH Skis and believe in us early on. Main objective: get BH skis under your feet.

There is a limited quantity of 500 skis. The sale will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis.

How do you intend on taking payment and when do you plan on shipping? Stiffness on the Districts?

-aaron

Quote Originally Posted by StroupSkier View Post
    Is 10889 the internet code for a moron?
    well i can't argue this one....

hahaha....

i definately spoke to soon...

hahahahahaha

I am interested in a pair of Districts too. Is that $250+shipping? What is the stiffness like? Does the sale start at midnight? I kind of imagine people flipping them on ebay or something and therefore buying multiple pairs and the 500 being gone pretty quick.

In an email exchange today Jared @ BH skis told me they have about the same flex as a Goat and weigh 8lbs.

holy tits. goatslike 187 skis for $250.
    http://tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=932&dateline=12042516  96

That sounds like a damn nice deal. Good luck with the business. Way to start up your company offer skis at (maybe below?) cost with a warranty and let the product sell its self.
    Last edited by tromano; 08-01-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane@Bluehouse View Post

So, will there be a warranty at all? If so, how long for?

Quote Originally Posted by DJDaveX View Post
    So, will there be a warranty at all? If so, how long for?
    while reading through the part that YOU QUOTED it says "Skis purchased at this sale price will include a one-year warranty.". F$%#, I thought my reading comprehension sucked.

I love how people buying brand new skis for $250 are concerned about warranties....

Amazing business plan for the consumer, hope it works for all.

I'd buy a pair if you had something 190+.

and what about OS shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    while reading through the part that YOU QUOTED it says "Skis purchased at this sale price will include a one-year warranty.". F$%#, I thought my reading comprehension sucked.
    Okay, maybe I'm slightly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertier View Post
    I'm definately curious...
    Pay attention kids. You never know when you'll have a chance to see the rare "definately" again.

Definately buying a pair.
    Last edited by SponsoredByDuctTape; 08-01-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlurredElevens View Post
    I love how people buying brand new skis for $250 are concerned about warranties....
    Seriously. And I like how they say that all they can give you is a 1 year warranty. As if anyone paying $250 for a pair of skis should expect a warranty at all. Good on ya' Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by SponsoredByDuctTape View Post
    Seriously. And I like how they say that all they can give you is a 1 year warranty. As if anyone paying $250 for a pair of skis should expect a warranty at all. Good on ya' Shane.
    $250 is cheap, I've already got a set of used ANTs in good condition & some warenteed Nordica Blowers, but $250 for their 187 cm skis sounds too good to pass up, a 1 year warrentee still seems good w/ that, because those skis are pretty much being sold at cost. They just wanna get them on the hill so others see them, and buy them at a higher cost.

I'm so down for the district 187 for $250, even though I have 193 '08 blowers & 191 '06 ANTs.
    Last edited by Altaholic; 08-02-2007 at 01:49 AM.
    Always charging it in honor of Flyin' Ryan Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsquared View Post
    I kind of imagine people flipping them on ebay or something and therefore buying multiple pairs and the 500 being gone pretty quick.
    That's something Bluehouse may want to consider. Allthough that serves the purpose of "getting the skis and the name on the snow" it will totally fuck up their regular sales price to have new undrilled skis for much cheaper on ebay.

Might wanna limit sales to 2 per mailing address. Still possible to hoard them, but makes it more of a pain for the hoarder and slows them down by making them do multiple transactions.

$250 is retarded. That has to be cost, even for China once they get shipped over and pay duties. But its a great marketing idea. I have enough boutiquey skis, but at $250 I would prolly pick up a pair for carving the hardpack and velvet.
    . . .

What time will the store be open on your webpage on Sept. 1?

Hmmmm this does sound tempting. Does anyone know any more info about how they ski? Does the 187 ski short? Long? Is the 179 too much of a park ski to be good for a touring set-up?

And any real life pictures yet?

In response to questions above:

Our payment system accepts all major credit cards.

The sale will start at 12:00 AM, Sept. 1.

We've thought of the flipping problem. We'll be limiting purchases for each consumer (2 or 3 total).

Shipping will be added to the $250 sale price and over-seas shipping will be a possibility (but OS will be steep). I don't have an exact figure on shipping costs yet, we're still negotiating what's best for consumers. I'll update when we know.

With that in mind, buyers will have the option to avoid shipping by choosing a pick-up option. We're scheduling a pick-up day in SLC shortly after the 14th. We're stoked for this as it will give us a chance to meet our ski owners.

In response to the DISTRICT's stiffness and feel; It's really hard to compare them to other skis because the feel of a bamboo core is unique. However, if we had to choose a ski for comparison, we'd go with the Gotamas. What you'll get from the bamboo is massive pop at the launch and cushy dampening at the stomp. They handle high speeds well too. The DISTRICTs weigh 8 lbs.

We appreciate everyone's support. You're all right when you say we're doing this one for the skier. Tromano nailed it, we believe the skis will sell themselves. This pre-season blowout simply sets that in motion.

BTW, we'll be relying on the feedback of our ski owners to design our 2008 lineup. BH believes designing skis is a community effort.
    Shane
    bluehouseskis.com