Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seshing the Sizzler prepped me for this...

Attachment 29115

New to the forum here. I just moved to the Seattle area from PC, Utah.

I know a couple of my old riding buddies from UT post here so I thought I would send out a holler. Bags, Particle.....how you guys doing? I miss PC like all hell but being only 4 hours from Post (photo), Blackrock, and Whistler helps me deal with the seperation anxiety. Moab and Virgin are soooo last week.

We'll see how I do come winter time.

If any PNW mags want to get together and ride then give me a shout. I know one post doesn't give me much street cred, but Bagtaley can attest that I'm always willing to provide the shuttle vehicle. That cheap bastard would never drive.

Sick picture, welcome to the boards

Heh, I wasn't sure if you guys had moved yet. The question is, who's gonna push me off B&G now that you're gone?

Keep the guest bedroom nice and tidy, I'll be swinging through there one of these days. Oh, and leave a spot open on the bike rack, I still prefer your shuttle vehicle over mine.

You got my number, lemme know next time you all swing through to visit the folks.

Oh yeah, way to send it.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Squatch Guest
    way to name drop, JONG...

Yeah buddy! Did you hit the monster gapper after the drop?

Glad to see you finally caved in and posted

No matter how much you two complain about missing UT, I just don't feel sorry for you. And winter should be even better than summer...Alpy, Crystal, Baker, Whistler...a bit more driving than UT but well worth it.

p.s. PNW Maggs: TuaDog is good peeps, as is his wife - they're both rippers on dirt and snow.

p.p.s. see you in Whistler in a couple weeks?!?
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Heh, I wasn't sure if you guys had moved yet. The question is, who's gonna push me off B&G now that you're gone?

Oh yeah, way to send it.
    I can think of no better training ground for B&G than a little place called Whistler. Your welcome any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle View Post
    Yeah buddy! Did you hit the monster gapper after the drop?

No matter how much you two complain about missing UT, I just don't feel sorry for you. And winter should be even better than summer...Alpy, Crystal, Baker, Whistler...a bit more driving than UT but well worth it.

p.p.s. see you in Whistler in a couple weeks?!?
    I totally wussed on the big gap after. It's much larger than anything I've ever hit before. I can't think of anything in UT that compares. One day.....

Your comment about my new location is well justified coming from you. Hang in there.

What dates are you going to be in Whister? I'm there. You plan on riding all day, every day right?

Yeah whatever.

Post a pic of the double after the barn drop and then you'll be something

You got any pics of the double line above that? I heard they changed it since the last time I was up there. The left line used to be just two big doubles about the size as the one after the drop in your pic. I heard they shrunk them

I'll be passing through there in a couple of weeks.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

tuadog
    way to send it! I remember you hitting B&G behind CS like it was nothing on your first time. You will be missed in Utah, but it was fun to ride with you at least once at wolf mountain. Your wife kills it on a bike! Anyway, welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Yeah whatever.

Post a pic of the double after the barn drop and then you'll be something
    You mean this

Attachment 29135

That's obviously not me in the photo. That one scared me. The pic is of a local guy hitting it on his Transition Double. Only 3.5" of rear travel! He's a smooth rider though.

You got any pics of the double line above that? I heard they changed it since the last time I was up there. The left line used to be just two big doubles about the size as the one after the drop in your pic. I heard they shrunk them
    I don't have any good pics of the big line up top. They did make them shorter but not by too much. At least that is what some locals told me as it was my first time there. They are still about the size of the one in the pic. There's also some crazy rhythm bumps right before the lips. It makes for a super techy approach but I guess the intent was to keep the moto guys off of it.

I'll be passing through there in a couple of weeks.
    Where are you riding?

Quote Originally Posted by TuaDog View Post
    You mean this

Attachment 29135

That's obviously not me in the photo. That one scared me. The pic is of a local guy hitting it on his Transition Double. Only 3.5" of rear travel! He's a smooth rider though.

I don't have any good pics of the big line up top. They did make them shorter but not by too much. At least that is what some locals told me as it was my first time there. They are still about the size of the one in the pic. There's also some crazy rhythm bumps right before the lips. It makes for a super techy approach but I guess the intent was to keep the moto guys off of it.

Where are you riding?
    I'm on my way up to canada and will be spending at least a day riding outside of seattle. I'm sure you've heard of exit 27. If not, you will.

Here's what the second jump used to look like in the line. It was bigger than the barn door one.
    py quality because it's a vid capture. My buddy john

That jump is the whole reason I went there to ride. Kind of a shame they messed with it. I was shaking right before pedaling into the line.

The one after the barn door jump is actually the smoothest jump there. Just suck up the drop so you don't land too far down and stay off the brakes. Next time I'm there, I'm taking a bunch of measurements of that thing so I can build a replica. It's seriously the best double I've ever hit in my life.

Just make sure your visor isn't broken. Watch my helmet in this

http://kidwoo.com/images/movies/visor.wmv

Scared the shit out of me (as you can see in my frozen dead sailor body english)
    Last edited by kidwoo; 07-27-2007 at 12:47 PM.
    Besides the comet that killed the dinosaurs nothing has destroyed a species faster than entitled white people.-ajp

Thanks Otter. I'll send the wife your compliments.

Sorry to hear about your wreck. Good luck on the recovery. I'm sure you'll be slaying it again in no time.

With talk like that I might have to hit it next time I'm down there. Are you going to hit Post on your trip? Maybe I could trail you in to dial the speed. I'd have to inspect your visor for safety reasons first though.

After seeing that pic, I think that they did make it substantially smaller. It appears that the line on the right got much smaller too. Notice the rollers just in front of the left lip.

Here's the only lousy pic I could find.

Attachment 29136

I've heard plenty about the Exit's. I intend to head up there once I can find a local to show me around.

Here's the only lousy pic I could find.

Attachment 29136

I've heard plenty about the Exit's. I intend to head up there once I can find a local to show me around.
    Aaaggghhhh........they killed it!!

Dammit......they eliminated the coolest set of jumps on public land in history.

I REALLY hope they don't mess with barn door section in your first pic.

Thanks for that pic of the changes though. I've been dying to see what they did.

But yeah, I'm going to try to show up on a weekend at 27 so I've got someone who knows the place to follow and/or ask questions. That place looks as serious as the big stuff at post.

I'm not planning on riding post this time but I do want to get measurements of that jump.......so I may swing by. I'll let you know.

If not, I can hook you up with someone there who knows all those lines. He's the one we all watched hit that stuff first so we could ask questions. There's no way in hell I'd hit any of those jumps without some info first either

I'll let you know some dates here soon. You should come out to 27 with us.

Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    tuadog
    way to send it! I remember you hitting B&G behind CS like it was nothing on your first time.
    Hmmmmm, this TuaDog character sounds vaguely familiar. But, uh, wtf is B&G?

One of these days I need to head North and visit these kickass PNW locals.

CS, it is the gap right next to sizzler.

B&G = Biscuits 'n Gravy.

Ryan, I'm going to be in Whistler riding the 9th, 10th, and 11th. Sadly it's probably just gonna be mornings though, the wife gets out of her conferences at 12:30.

Particle! You're going to Whistler for the first time and you're only going to ride it for the first two hours of the morning.

After I take you down your first run of Freight Train to Dirt Merchant I think you'll be changing your tune.

Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo View Post
    Aaaggghhhh........they killed it!!

Dammit......they eliminated the coolest set of jumps on public land in history.

I REALLY hope they don't mess with barn door section in your first pic.

Thanks for that pic of the changes though. I've been dying to see what they did.

get your panties out of a bunch

the big jumps aren't quite as long, but are still huge, and easier to trick. the smaller jumps are still perfection even compared to whistler. And the barn door section is unchanged. At least it was in june.

tuadog, when work isn't so hectic i do a lot of riding out of bellingham, with the occasional trip up to vancouver, whistler, and places in the lower mainland. shoot a pm if interested. If you want to ride vancouver, get hold of shirk, i hear he knows his way around.
    Last edited by White Chocolate; 07-27-2007 at 04:15 PM.
    smoke crack and worship satan

Particle! You're going to Whistler for the first time and you're only going to ride it for the first two hours of the morning.

After I take you down your first run of Freight Train to Dirt Merchant I think you'll be changing your tune.
    Believe me I know! Maybe our S.O.'s can hang out in town for a while in the afternoon while we ride...I don't think they've ever even met.

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
    get your panties out of a bunch

the big jumps aren't quite as long, but are still huge, and easier to trick. the smaller jumps are still perfection even compared to whistler. And the barn door section is unchanged. At least it was in june.
    Shit yo......that right line isn't even 'jumps'......more like fall away bridges.

If I want to do tricks I go dirtjumping. Those things were fun to just survive

You have to admit, they were pretty unique.

I live where kidwoo wants to ride
    You want to show me how to ride 27?

I'd like all the help I can get for boo boo minimalization.

If you want to ride vancouver, get hold of shirk, i hear he knows his way around.
    Any friend of the Utarded crew is a friend of mine.

If you want a Shore tour let me know. I hear good things about the gnar getting build around Seattle, might have to make it down there sometime.

A couple of us are going to be in town on the 16 - 26 Tua if you want to do any riding on the shore or whistler let me know. Particle it sucks you had to go a week early and you are going to have to at least get 4 hours. 2 what is that?

Quote Originally Posted by motionboy View Post
    A couple of us are going to be in town on the 16 - 26 Tua if you want to do any riding on the shore or whistler let me know. Particle it sucks you had to go a week early and you are going to have to at least get 4 hours. 2 what is that?
    I am hopefully going to be at whistler the 18th and 19th. could be fun.

woo, i'm not cool enough for 27, so i'm no help. of course, those trails get torn down at least twice a day according to ridemonkey and the local shops so no reason to ride there anyway ( did you see the 27 section in elemental? if not, you should) If you guys are also looking for some steeper dh with some smaller jumps and drops, we have some stuff out of b'ham now that can hold its own. and we are 1 hr from woodlot....
    smoke crack and worship satan

I'm heading up to Whistler Aug 8-12 to ride with Particle.

I'll also try and come up north the next two weekends as well. I've got bellingham and the shore both on my wishlist.