Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I've enjoyed it. My fragile psyche won't let me enjoy lots of food, beer, and sleep unless the weather is too shitty for any alpine activity.

Tell 'em Jumper! Here's a reminder of the very recent dog days we had. Fourth of July was one hot mofo.

Figures it would rain this much in Seattle when I'm here. I traveled here on Friday for an interview on Monday. I think I brought the rain with me from the shit coast. Trying to make the best of it with the Bite of Seattle and tooling around town (REI rocks here). Locals keep telling me that this is unseasonable and that it's usually sunny and low humidity.....

Utards, buy me a ticket to SLC and I'll bring the rain with me there!

B)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr View Post
    Yup - this is working out to the worst summer I've seen around here.
    What he said.

And we've still got a week's worth of heat until AUGUST begins.

You might be frustrated canceling trips due to excess precipitation, but consider having to cancel them due to mandatory fishing closures, forest fires, restricted/closed forest access, and record high temperatures.

Put on a slicker and quit yer bitchin.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexi-Bell View Post
    You might be frustrated canceling trips due to excess precipitation, but consider having to cancel them due to mandatory fishing closures, forest fires, restricted/closed forest access, and record high temperatures.

Put on a slicker and quit yer bitchin.
    Exactly! That's that I have to look forward to in 3 weeks...until the relief of fall/winter comes. Seattle is the only place in the lower 48 that isn't nearing triple digits...

I know, the rain and the CRAZY humidity suck for summer - summer is for sun and 70 degrees, winter is for rain and 40s - but it is a welcome relief. Shit, I couldn't go shooting a couple weeks back because of all the closures - and I've got a fair amount of ammo to go blow off (the shit's heavy, and I don't want to move it all). Forest fires and temps above 80 belong on the eastern side of the cascades...not the west!!!

North of shi-shi??

Yeah, here's one from Shi Shi:

It gets sunny at Shi Shi?

I went kayaking yesterday, which I think was probably more enjoyable since the sun wasn't beating down on me. For the most part though, this is disappointing. I like having every day beautiful. It's a piece of mind that you get when you switch from a german car to a japanese one. ...and I'd take a whole summer of 90's and dry over this weather.

Cool....I need to get back out there with the surfboard again. Olympus to shi-shi anyone?

There's a week-long July/August excursion for you. Ski Olympus, then surf Shi Shi. Bit of a hike with the surfboard to Shi Shi, but the waves looked pretty worthy to (mostly ignorant) me when I was there. I might ski Olympus in the next few weeks here. I've wanted to do it for a while.

Even better: Kayak the Hoh while you're at it.
    Last edited by Lani; 07-23-2007 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Add kayaking

Cool

Mmmmmmmmmm I was in Walla² over the weekend and it was loverly….simply loverly….in the upper 90s . Ahhhhh LOVE the heat!

This time of year the onion fields smell soooooooooo good!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It was fun sailing in Puget Sound on Saturday with autumn like winds and the clouds darkening and deepening through various stages of mist to full on downpour.

Normally sailing here in late July means drifting around in <light winds with saggy sails.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Normally sailing here in late July means drifting around in <light winds with saggy sails.
    But I've never been sailing with you in July.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Saggy - We'll do it in September. o.k.? I think Tarn will love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Lani View Post
    There's a week-long July/August excursion for you. Ski Olympus, then surf Shi Shi. Bit of a hike with the surfboard to Shi Shi, but the waves looked pretty worthy to (mostly ignorant) me when I was there. I might ski Olympus in the next few weeks here. I've wanted to do it for a while.

Even better: Kayak the Hoh while you're at it.
    I've surfed out at shi shi before and its good.... no crowds!! The walks not all that bad ...just alot of ducking with the board on the pack. Wonder if the snow is still good on olympus?? Looks as if it is..... I've been contemplating this idea lately.

I think Olympus holds really great snow because of its proximity to the ocean and the consistently lousy weather. It had snow worthy of skiing when I climbed it on August 17, 2003 (Olympus climb). I want to do it as a ~4 day trip, though, so there's lots of time to ski as many lines on the different peaks of the massif as possible. Maybe in the next few weeks.

You would think the snow out there would be suncupped and rotten by now but it looks good from the photos I've seen on tr's from the past weeks. I'd say thats a good plan you've got there!! Sounds like thats quite a walk for one day.... anybody ever ski it car to car?

OK, normal fetuses tast pretty damn good, but once they start to ferment, gawdayum, the texture is just inbeatable, slides right down your throat.

ok now what the hell happened here? I miss something today? clownpoo?

I'm still piecing it together too...

Near as I can figure, apparently someone got the keys to the bus last night, mischief ensued...

Clownpoo had (earlier) 0 posts yet there are at least 2 posts which using his/her Tagline self proclaimed "SuperModerator" powers, Clownpoo has modified. Perhaps a Thread title as well? (Helmets thread?)

Sprite is pissed because she can only mod the BBF thread; has petitioned the Suit for uberPowers.

The rest is pure speculation.
    "Those 1%ers are not an avaricious "them" but in reality the most entrepreneurial of "us". If we had more of them and fewer grandstanding politicians, we would all be better off."
    - Bradley Schiller, Prof. of Economics, Univ. Nevada - Reno.

Yeah, but what about those fermenting fetus helmets?