Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NE1 see that new Shawn White Amex ad?

Makes me jones for powder....(and unlimited fundage)
    Summer stoke!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

definitely not new, but good nonetheless.

The daily show had that in one of their segments the other night. I think it was the "Trendspotting" one. Pretty funny.
    I see Blue; He looks glorious.

That's funny, I just watched the ad on a re-run of last night's Daily Show.
    Payola, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Makes me jones for powder....(and unlimited fundage)
    Summer stoke!
    Makes you jones for powder? Seems to me he's chasing powder all over the world, only to hit hardpack booters when he arrives...That aside, I think it's pretty well done.
    or don't

Quote Originally Posted by huckasoreass View Post
    Makes you jones for powder? Seems to me he's chasing powder all over the world, only to hit hardpack booters when he arrives...That aside, I think it's pretty well done.
    Thats what I was gone to say.

Also, towards the end, he stops halfway through a run to answer his phone. I don't know any real skiers or snowboarders that would ever do that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Shawn is a pow-hound first, and a park booter second.
    And man, any solid skier I know would sit down and pretend to answer their phone on camera for $100,000.
    No brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Shawn is a pow-hound first, and a park booter second.
    And man, any solid skier I know would sit down and pretend to answer their phone on camera for $100,000.
    No brainer.
    True, wasn't criticizing white, more just saying the ad is a a little silly.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

NE1? Who do you think you are: Prince?

No, but the full text wouldn't have fit in the title header.
    Duh.

My name is Mofro. And I am funky.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

does anyone else find it funny how he is supposedly chasing storms but he is on hard pack or groomers in like everyone of the shots.

NE1 See the TGR thread earlier this month about the same f-ing thing?

A great place to start if you want some good responses for this rerun.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ht=shawn+white

Must be summer.
    Last edited by ski_pdx; 06-30-2007 at 12:37 AM.

that's farking funny, in the scene where the guy is telling shaun to go to canada, he's actually at the top of the blackcomb pipe, and my friend robjn is standing to his right wearing one of those capix helmets. I was riding in the pipe the day they were filming the whistler segment and stood next to him a few times, it was sick seeing him session the pipe right there with the rest of us.
    Believe.

yah actual pow in the shots would be nice along with espn tight guy in the sky shots but hey the people that don't actually do this shit (90% of the people seeing the ad) probably think it's pretty cool.

I think it's super gay. Anyone remember Laird Hamilton's AMX add a few years back? At least Laird was actually riding huge waves - White's schralping hardpack. I'm not faulting either of these guys for cashing in, but at least show some good action, not some snowboarder stoping in the middle of a groomer to answer his phone.

not to mention after all that shit he goes surfing

I don't understand everyone's problem here. Everyone knows powder SUCKS! It gets down you pants and in your eyes - horrible. Groomers - nice and smooth is where it is at.

But the phone thing - c'mon - get blue tooth and schrap the cord and talk at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I don't understand everyone's problem here. Everyone knows powder SUCKS! It gets down you pants and in your eyes - horrible. Groomers - nice and smooth is where it is at.
    Sadly I have friends who think that is true...

Quote Originally Posted by huckasoreass View Post
    Exactly. This commercial has bugged me since it came out. He jumps on a plane to hit park features. This commercial in no way shows him storms chasing. I would have preferred they use Jeremy Jones or Travis Rice, guys who really do kill big mountains and really could use the ability to storm chase that way. I know those guys don't have the marketing appeal Shawn does, but if a commercial came out with skiing using Simon Dumont over Shane McConkey or Seth Morrison it would bug me.
    Last edited by Long duc dong; 07-01-2007 at 01:33 PM.
    "Have you ever seen a monk get wildly fucked by a bunch of teenage girls?" "No" "Then forget the monastery."

"You ever hear of a little show called branded? Arthur Digby Sellers wrote 156 episodes. Not exactly a lightweight." Walter Sobcheck.

"I didn't have a grandfather on the board of some fancy college. Key word being was. Did he touch the Filipino exchange student? Did he not touch the Filipino exchange student? I don't know Brooke, I wasn't there."

Quote Originally Posted by brice618 View Post
    Sadly I have friends who think that is true...
    Its time for some new friends

AKA is offline These meaasge boards suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Exactly. This commercial has bugged me since it came out. He jumps on a plane to hit park features. This commercial in no way shows him storm chasing. I would have preferred they use Jeremy Jones or Travis Rice, guys who really do kill big mountains and really could use the ability to storm chase that way. .
    Its an ADVERTISEMENT and the point was to show that Shawn White uses Amex, thus making Amex cool.

You are an idiot.

His phone? shouldn't he be using his Burton Audex jacket?

AND... what the hell is Shawn white shopping at a skate shop for?

Quote Originally Posted by Long duc dong View Post
    Exactly. This commercial has bugged me since it came out. He jumps on a plane to hit park features. This commercial in no way shows him storm chasing. I would have preferred they use Jeremy Jones or Travis Rice, guys who really do kill big mountains and really could use the ability to storm chase that way. I know those guys don't have the marketing appeal Shawn does, but if a commercial came out with skiing using Simon Dumont over Shane McConkey or Seth Morrison it would bug me.
    I'm pretty sure AMEX didn't want to spend the (a) time, or (b) money to storm chase with Shaun White. It gets the point across to 95% of the population.