• Montana

76 29.92%
  • Northeast

8 3.15%
  • Other (explain below)

10 3.94%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

2008 summit location poll

I was hoping to get an idea of what people were thinking regarding the location of the 2008 TGR summit..

Let's hold it in Colorado! I hear the 2007 summit was a hudge success.

If I recall Montana finished second in the voting last time, so if we follow recent tradition that would make 2008 the year to hit the Big Sky state.

There was a summit in 2007? I thought CO got stoned and postponed it until next year!

June... the perfect time to decide
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    June... the perfect time to decide
    Well, I'm just sayin'..

seriously, I didn't intend for a decision to be made now, but I was curious as to what people were thinking.

then again, if a decision gets made, weeee..

CO mini represents every year. don't know why we need a summit when one happens every spring.

Quote Originally Posted by jtq_99 View Post
    CO mini represents every year. don't know why we need a summit when one happens every spring.
    so you'd have a bunch of minis, instead of one main summit where everyone gets together?

Mebbe these will evolve into a vast array of smaller cryptosummits.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    so you'd have a bunch of minis, instead of one main summit where everyone gets together?
    well, the mini has always been a great time and people have showed up and done a better job organizing than the "big" summit. having the summit in CO was attempted last season and it wasn't the best turnout from what i hear. everyone gave it a chance, so maybe another location needs a chance.

Montana!

what about Idaho. that one up north, i think it's called Schweitzer. Montana is good, too. i probably won't go anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jtq_99 View Post
    well, the mini has always been a great time and people have showed up and done a better job organizing than the "big" summit. having the summit in CO was attempted last season and it wasn't the best turnout from what i hear. everyone gave it a chance, so maybe another location needs a chance.
    The big summit never happened in Colorado because it happened all over Colorado. It was like a 10 day long thing that moved every other day... how retarded is that? No wonder nobody showed up or got it organized. Seriously I don't get why people are confused at the failure. It would have failed anywhere it was held if done in such a manner.

The 4th Annual CO-Mini went off hudge though with like fifty bazillion people (including non-CO ppl), drunkedness, fud, blastedness, stream skiing, and outright battle...
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

The big summit never happened in Colorado because it happened all over Colorado. It was like a 10 day long thing that moved every other day... how retarded is that? No wonder nobody showed up or got it organized. Seriously I don't get why people are confused at the failure. It would have failed anywhere it was held if done in such a manner.

The 4th Annual CO-Mini went off hudge though with like fifty bazillion people (including non-CO ppl), drunkedness, fud, blastedness, stream skiing, and outright battle...
    i completely agree with you, summit. when i saw that people were jumping from resort to resort with resting/bc days in between, that's when i decided i wasn't going. i haven nothing against having a summit in CO, anywhere, but the minis are always a good time whether it's the official "Summit" or not.

well except for interior BC and/or PNW->Wistler/Blackcomb where it worked well last year and 3 years ago repectively.....
    noone in CO stepped up and tried, except a few Aspen peeps.
    the CO mags just liked to bitch when noone picks their state and then bitch when people do.
    see a theme?

I bet Montana would work well, even wirth multiple locations

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    the CO mags just liked to bitch when noone picks their state and then bitch when people do.
    see a theme?
    Despite the hot date with Vera Similitut, this isn't entirely fair. Hresko anted up well for the sw portion and people did have a good time there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

interesting...the Colo Summit sounded a lot like this Epic gathering called Let's Go Colorado, which took place over something like 20 days at various resorts. I attended that for 3 days and had a blast. The days fluctuated, with 15 people at the first one I hit (at Beaver Creek), in excess of 50 at the next day (@ Vail) and then about 15 or so at Breck a few days later. I actually enjoyed the skipping to different resorts, days off, and the fluctuation in peoples.

that said, I also enjoyed the hell out of the Mammoth mini, which was basically the same crazy cadre riding and slushing and drinking for 3-4 days.

personally, as a jonged out newb here, i'll go anywhere with snow and good peoples.

well except for interior BC and/or PNW->Wistler/Blackcomb where it worked well last year and 3 years ago repectively.....
    see a theme?

I bet Montana would work well, even wirth multiple locations
    ^^ What Mr. Woodsy said.

There were multiple polls on the 2007 Summit, from where to hold it, when, at which areas, and in what general order.

The majority of votes were always cast by CO maggots. This was a Summit decided by the votes of CO maggots, but when the event actually happened, most of them were no shows.

As Woodsy said, a Summit that visits multiple locations in one geographic area has been successful in the past and can be again. Just obviously not in CO.

sledneckripper Guest
    I like Montana or Wyoming. Good sled access skiing. I am down for a couple of sled access days wherever this summit thing ends up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldo View Post
    but when the event actually happened, most of them were no shows.
    Bummed no one else committed. Remember, "You can't organize these things, they just happen." The Summit was only a failure to those who didn't want to sac up. Good peeps and great snow.

Regarding 2008 - I vote SA in the summer. Let the Minis do their job in the winter in the northern hemisphere and cool off the summer with a trip down south. Is a ticket to SA really that much more than to BC for most peeps?
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Regarding 2008 - I vote SA in the summer. Let the Minis do their job in the winter in the northern hemisphere and cool off the summer with a trip down south. Is a ticket to SA really that much more than to BC for most peeps?
    no, but it is a lot more than a ticket to SLC..

we have done a UT summit, and there is a mini there yearly plus the step camps and the storm chasing ease puts a lot of us there often
    UT summit is redundant in oh so many ways

Montucky, Taos, those sound like fun

Montucky, Taos, those sound like fun
    Northern MT with trips to interior BC, yummmm.

Taos would be sweet too, but snowpack is like CO, hit or miss.
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.? ??´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Fyurk CO. I say Baker. Or Utah. Couldn't afford to make it to Whistler, I don't think, but I'd damn sure love to if finances allowed it (i.e. cheap flights/gas and cheap lift tickets).

Baker and Utah are on my hit list for this winter. I'd love to have one of those trips coincide with the Summit if it went down there. Woodsy says a UT summit is redundant, and I don't disagree, so Baker/Xtal/PNW would be my vote.
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Days View Post
    Fyurk CO. I say Baker. Or Utah. Couldn't afford to make it to Whistler, I don't think, but I'd damn sure love to if finances allowed it (i.e. cheap flights/gas and cheap lift tickets).

Baker and Utah are on my hit list for this winter. I'd love to have one of those trips coincide with the Summit if it went down there. Woodsy says a UT summit is redundant, and I don't disagree, so Baker/Xtal/PNW would be my vote.
    Why don't you volunteer to plan the Summit again since you did such a good job last time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen mental illness so faithfully rendered in html.

Squatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    Why don't you volunteer to plan the Summit again since you did such a good job last time?
    while you're at it, how did your plan to run for the doctor club board go? Wasn't your platform: "I'm a fuck-up...therefore I'll know how to stop fuck-ups like me"?

Quote Originally Posted by Squatch View Post
    while you're at it, how did your plan to run for the doctor club board go? Wasn't your platform: "I'm a fuck-up...therefore I'll know how to stop fuck-ups like me"?
    More or less. "I slacked this year, due in slight part to the lax attitude of those managing me. If I were made manager, I'd give more guidance to prevent such slacking." It made sense at the time, but as I anticipated, it didn't go well.

Rontele: Necessary to attack me for making an effort? Who the hell else volunteered to do it? Like I have said in the past about pear-shaped girl: "It wasn't a choice; it was a lack of options".
    "I said flotation is groovy"
    -Jimi Hendrix

"Just... ski down there and jump offa somethin' for cryin' out loud!!!"
    -The Coolest Guy to have Ever Lived