Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Here's a very epic discussion on the subject.

at the bottom of the worst air in the USA
    Originally posted by dipstik
    To be honest, I'll still be skeptical, even with the use of a radar gun, if you guys post speeds in the 80's and claim you did so skiing on a groomer with fatties and baggy clothes.
    I never said anything about baggy clothes. Fat mebee...but than again, I was a wee-bit below 80...take it up with the radar gun mang.
    Not soliciting business through casual internet associations

Endless - do you have the tuning fork calibrator for your gun?

edit: I know about this shit because I went to court for doing 75 in a 55 - at least that's what the cop said. When I told the judge I was going 105 and that the troopers gun was defective, the cop pulled out his tuning fork and I pulled out my ...........................wallet.

although the racers ARE comming out of turns etc so they're speed could concevably be lower, whats the speedskiing MPH record, that would give us a better idea

edit

Men 155 mph

Women 150 mph

SOOOOO

I would say that on G4's you COULD tuck and point them and get 70-80 mph of speed
    For sure, you have to be lost to find a place that can't be found, elseways everyone would know where it was

The WC racers do around 70-80 mph on a downhill course. 155.834 mph right now. Enough said.
    yepper

Wink

Does it seem like all the doubters are EC'ers? And racers? Hey jealousy.

Originally posted by laseranimal
    although the racers ARE comming out of turns etc so they're speed could concevably be lower, whats the speedskiing MPH record, that would give us a better idea
    Around 153, I believe. And that's MPH.

Steve McKinney was the shit when I first moved to Tahoe, having knocked down the 200 kph mark, which was only 121 mph.

Talking

Men's Speed Ski World Record = 250.790 km/h = 155.834 mph by Philippe Goitschel

Women's Speed Ski World Record = 242.26 km/h = 150.53 mph by Karine Dubouchet

If you don't believe don't believe, but also don't believe that anyone will give a rats ass that you don't believe. You believe?

all the racers and cowbell ringers should remember you're talking to a bunch of people that spend a lot of their time on skis with them not touching the snow at all. i wonder how fast jamie is going when he backslaps the shit out of a rock after one of his drops?

As a previous radar gun subject, I will bet any non-believer a PMGear product of their choice that a maggot will register 80 MPH or more this year on Endless's radar gun.

Bet is void, with no winner, if:
    -It snows or has flat light/bad vis every day he brings it out (this is actually very likely, given last year's pattern)
    -Endless injures himself again (knock wood this doesn't happen)
    -Neither DTM, altachic, or powho get a shot at it

Speed readings will be verified by Endless, since it's his radar gun.

Any takers?

Have you ever seen the Hahnenkahm in person? HAVE YOU?!?!?!

Well, neither have I.

But on the steepest gnarliest downhill in the world the boys max out at about 87 or so. With perfect skis, wax, course knowledge and conditioning.

Take it for what it's worth. My opinion is that some of y'all ain't goin' quite as fast as ya think. By a long shot.

But yer goin' faster than me, so rock on.

p.s. please don't take this as a defense of dipstik, who is still a numbnuts in my book.

Here is speed skier Alex English in his custom seal skin suit about ready to hit 140mph+

Here is Bode probably going around 60mph

Not to be mean, but somehow I don't see Altachic on her midfats fitting in here.

Not to be mean
    Oh, go ahead and be mean, it makes me feel less guilty crushing you.

Then take Spats' bet.

Just take Spats' bet, then, dipstick. Show 'em all you were right.

Oh, I dunno...life, love, grammar, basic intelligence, irony, humility, political science, sense of humor, stuff like that. I take requests, if you need to be schooled in anything I haven't mentioned.

Remember that you are a know-nothing high-school boy, and not a very bright one at that, and we will get along just fine, lunch.

I think Ice needs to drink more.

BobMc

Originally posted by BobMc
    I think Ice needs to drink more.

BobMc
    Perhaps the fact that there is no alcohol left in the house is affecting my mood, I'll give you that.

I'm sorry, but i have to post again in here.

dipstick----->so ignorant right now. Listen to reason. Odin has got something here.

I'll take you on anyday. Really, bring it. There is a difference when you are going straight down a fast groomer and racing gates. This is why I can reach a speed like that. Getting the most out of it, tucking when I feel the need as well.
    you sketchy character, you

It's funny how you and your lackey were ragging on me before saying that my logic was way off, and then once everyone started agreeing with me, roo backed off. You on the other hand, come along and repeat exactly what Dex and I said, but still expect me to believe that you don't agree with me.
    Roo lives in England. He went to bed. But I don't think he considers himself my lackey. If he does, I want to talk to Mrs. Roo immediately.

If you read the thread (something you always very boringly and predictably say) you will see I spent my time trying to make jokes and have fun rather than engage in some stupid anal argument that I couldn't give a rat's ass about.

Right up until that last post, which I regret sincerely.

p.s. I went a millionbilllion miles per second on a monoski when there was no snow. Beat that, jizzboy.

Look this certainly doesn't have to turn into a "thing"

GS stands for Giant Slalom

Why GS? Because they turn around gates, albeit large sweeping ones

and therefore even while carrying massive amounts of speed they still slow down because there are turns

So, the fact remains that while AC could NOT go onto a race course and hammer down 80 mph on icy death

She COULD go in a straight line down a groomed fast slope and reach that speed

Noone is claiming that overall she is faster than maier or bode, but if in competition they went in a COMPLETELY STRAIGHT LINE in a tuck down the hill they would be faster than the other contestants! Of course then they would be disqualified for going outside the race course boundries.

Exclamation

Can we all stop shitting in this thread and just shut our fat mouths until the results are in? It fucking stinks in here with all this trash-talking and postulating.

I'll bring my camcorder to get video of the gun in the foreground and the skier in the background. I'll also be bringing my fat skis and plenty of Crystal Blue Saran Wrap to make my GS suit.

edit: I will also take a run with the camcorder in my hand so we can see what XX mph looks like.

I'm never out to cause conflict, I just hate ignorance.

Until you've skied with a GPS or a speed gun, don't go on like you are. I understand what you are saying.

Bottom line is, you can reach speeds like this when going straight on a groomer, even in baggy clothes. It's fun to see just how fast you can actually go.

Let's end this thread on a positive note, rather than a dipstick note.

Edit: i will wait to see how fast we can all go before i say anything else. We'll see.
    Last edited by altachic; 03-28-2004 at 10:29 PM.

Originally posted by phUnk
    Can we all stop shitting in this thread and just shut our fat mouths until the results are in?
    No. Dipshit pisses me off, I know I should rise above it, but I just can't.

Hey, did anybody see "The Road to Perdition"? I saw like 99.5 per cent of it the other day but had to leave with like 3-5 minutes to go. How did it end up?

totally unrelated side note-phUnk, email those pics to me...I need them for a certain "something."