Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    tourney in bzmn @ bohart the 30/31, all divisions offered so play at your skill level, rediculous schwag from innova and mystery ranch...

/visiting fam now playin the tourney in traverse city tmrrw @ hickory hills....

throwin vulcan/destroyer/sidewinder/katana (elevation really fucks witcha, understable=more stable the thinner the air)I like my meteor, comet, buzzz midrange(I do have a roc in the bag tho...) also puttin w/bangers now, wizards, aviars, challengers all solid putters you can also throw long and lean into when needed...

cheers d00ds happy throwin................

A few shots from the Arcata courses....

These are taken from The Redwood Curtain, Manila, and Fieldbrook.

Personally I just got my first ace in Humboldt County. Hole 2, "Exit Stage Left" at the Curtain.
    Last edited by idiot; 08-25-2011 at 08:49 PM.
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

because the bump has been SO popular these days.

Happy summer huckin '11, a couple from my archives....
    Libby MT- dam course...

michigan- robertmorris, grandwoods

florida- Nft Myers, tradewinds

KC- waterworks park

current event

Vibram Open-the last big tourney of the yr for the touring pro types at Maple Hill-a sick lookin course in mass.
    /lots of blahblahblah in this "preview" but some good golf footy sprinkled in, mens winner-$3k, womens, $2k, looks like a fun disc party, final round live on the web later 2day at discgolfplanet.tv

got the first round of the year in. felt pretty damn good. even threw mostly pars

base- you and the fam find your way back to Bozeman yet?

sry nvr saw that yeah warty been back fulltime here since summer 09, got masters state champ in '10 even, w00t...

temp course setup again out by revy flats past norris, tourney out there on may5, likely being played next couple wknds...

^^cool picture!

Here are a couple from Humboldt County....

Loved playing when at school up in chico. Bidwell had three courses. Lower, drunk n stoned kids course, and the pro course.

Need to get back into that!!! I wonder if there are any courses here on SD

sent from the future using my mind powers
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

this is some awesome footage of pro Bradley Williams playing the new roy g park in TX. The course looks pretty sweet and this guy kills it.

the start of the video is the designer talking about his course (only about two minutes)..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf_5Z...e_gdata_player

yep he slays it, even missed a few... wish i could disc as well as i ski lolz

we've now poured 9 5'x10' concrete teepads at bohart ranch next door to bridger bowl, combined with the wall to wall mowing of the XCskitrails, aka "fairways", its lookin pretty deluxe up there, next the other half of the lower course then go after the upper18...
    http://yfrog.com/kfx44knj

hittin up worlds in NC next week, should be cool to see the huck-stars throw, im in masters just hope i make the cut
    http://www.pdga.com/tournament_results/16469

cheers idiot and the other two guys who read disc on a skier board, back to the crickets chirpin...

Nice. Have fun fighting through those trees. Should be a great time at one of the self proclaimed meccas of disc golf.

(I'm sure it is awesome, I just get sick of hearing NC'ers talk about how everything is better there)

Morley Field in San Diego last week. Still one of the most beautiful courses I've been to. Not the hardest, but fun with varied terrain and it's nice having a pro shop with cold ice cream after a day out in the sun.

I used to play a lot at the OG course, Oak Grove in Pasadena. Talk about a place you don't want to lose a disc ... that place is overgrown, wild, dusty, hot. I also played a lot at Aquatic Park in Berkeley, Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, and Stafford Lake in Novato.

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

worlds is a golfing grind
    but also superfun to see and play with old and future friends
    def talked up the montana DG scene as well as the few other things our state has to offer...

as for the tourney Ive got regrets about the penalty 6 we had to take for playin the wrong pad the first day, the couple snowmen i took including my last tourney hole18 renny (grrr)
    chumped a few more throws here and there that stick out...
    all in all my putter was mostly workin most of the week and with a few of the blow-up holes cleaner who knows...?
    thats golf i guess, fun stuff to get to worry about, we got to live the dream for awhile...

done with NC DG-maybe forever(?)
    its been a fun one but sure lookin forward to gittin back home...
    course tally-13in12days
    unc
    valley springs
    buckhorn
    eastway
    nevin
    renaissance
    hornets nest
    winthrop
    wellsprings
    cedarock
    leigh farm
    cedar hills
    zebulon

some footage from nevin lookin dark and dank...

Last edited by baseWeldr; 07-25-2012 at 06:39 AM.

I'm a total JONG to this but it looks like fun and I want in - already enjoy tossing the frisbee around. Love that listing of courses, very useful. Since I'm starting out - anyone have any recommendations for a basic setup? Think I'd like to do the bag thing, at the very least for beers...

Oh and for Washington people, I saw Crystal has a course with baskets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    I'm a total JONG to this but it looks like fun and I want in - already enjoy tossing the frisbee around. Love that listing of courses, very useful. Since I'm starting out - anyone have any recommendations for a basic setup? Think I'd like to do the bag thing, at the very least for beers...

If you're just starting out keep it simple. Get yourself a putter, almost any of them will do, just find one that feels good in your hand and go with it. Aviar or a wizard are great choices. 2nd a neutral mid range like a buzzz. Those should be your main focus. Throw the hell out of them until they do what you want them to. You could consider a driver as well, but keep it slow. Something like a JLS, teebbird, XL....

If you get into it more and want to improve, instead of buying a bunch of different molds, get some backups of ones you like and toss them in the field back and forth. Otherwise, go out with your buds and some beers and just have a good time. The game is great, strategy like ball golf, but way cheaper, quicker and easier to get into.

That looks like fun .
    But with them God Damn trees , how do I drive my golf cart .
    2ndly , are there no hot beverage providers , at this establishment ?

Grabbed an Innova starter set at Dick's tonight...came with 3 or 4 discs and a bag I think. Figure out what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Yeah, looks like it would be a fun course! You can ride the gondola up and play the course back down to the base. There's a "summit course" and a "lower course."
    http://www.crystalmountainresort.com...rse-Maps-1.pdf

Wilco. Still in SoCal for now, xfer ppwrk is in for Helena, hopefully I get it. Good chance I will.

My life might suck up there for awhile but it'll be nice to blow off steam with people I know, friends and fam.

Think I'll go do my first outing tomorrow and try out the Asuza Hills course.

heres a deluxe lookin course, stockholm open 2012 lead card pro men...
    Last edited by baseWeldr; 08-07-2012 at 09:23 AM.

^^ Yep, that course looks awesome!

Those guys have serious skills. Will has been on fire this past year.

I was happy to see McBeth break through and win a major. I've seen him in lead card footage alot, but he never quite sealed the deal (not that he was in this video).