Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SUMMER DISC GOLF

i play at Kirkwood mostly.......last year kirkwood didn't set up there original course....they built a new one....this year their web site says something about a new course at timber creek........i can only assume they mean the original course......the ground is already dry enough to start setting up the disc golf, but i have a feeling that kirkwood will hold out until people are willing to set up the course without pay.....................i would be willing to set up the old course, but not the new course..........the new course is a half ass, no thought, etc........ have any other mags had similar problems with seasonal disc golf courses.....

That aside, i love disc golf.....it is probably the one thing that helps me make it till next winter.........any other disc golfers out there
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

We call it "Folf" out here in Montana. And yes, folf fucking rules!! Way better than golf or just tossing a frisbee!

BTW: You better be using real folf discs and not a regular frisbee like I see so many folf JONGS doing. This is my favorite:

i have never really thrown an orc well.......me favs now are
    starfire
    teebird
    shark
    xl

i use the shark for putting and midrange

and yes folf.......i spent a couple years around bigsky......playing to trees and whatnot in the forest.....at that time i didn't know of any basketed courses in the area

Just got hooked... we've got an object course here in Rossland, and hoping to upgrade to baskets by the end of the summer.

fuck yes. i've been playing 3-4 rounds a day for the last few weeks. gotta get in my last hurrah at the UNC course before bouncin'.

i've got entirely too many discs (20+), but i mainly only use my rhyno, valkryie and leopard.

here's a coupla pics from last week:

oh, and i've trained the pup to go find discs that go into the woods/water, and she sits right next to them. fairly convenient.
    Last edited by smalls; 06-11-2007 at 09:54 AM.

Yeah, I know - STFU you no-stoke having douchebag, but...

The only way frisbee golf could get any gayer is if you played it while wearing rollerblades.

folf kicks ass even though I suck at it and usually spend half my time digging in the bush, stoned out of the gord, looking for the disc I just tossed in there or wading in water to get my disc. Either way it is a great game!!! It's just a nice way to get out and enjoy the day....

hey utards, anyone know when solitude is opening up their course????

STFU you no-stoke having douchebag

It looks like uber fun, but there are no courses where I live.
    "Typically euro, french in particular, in my opinion. It's the same skiing or climbing there. They are completely unfazed by their own assholeness. Like it's normal." - srsosbso

If anyone ever makes it up north of the bay area on highway 101 in California, seriously check out the course in Low Gap Park in Ukiah. I've driven an hour out of my way to make a stop. Several other interesting courses nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post

The only way frisbee golf could get any gayer is if you played it while wearing rollerblades.
    yep.......you must not throw that well......with some practice that could change

Where did they set up the new Kirkwood course last year. I drove down from squaw to play in september and no course.

Does anyone know if the rumored Kings Beach course was built?

Truckee's course is always fun, but short.

THAT'S not golf...

When logic goes out the window, go with it.

-- yogachik

I plan on playing just about everyday at The Canyons during the first two weeks in July and the entire month of August. It should be good. I can ride my bike up to Red Pine via Hollys and MMT and then over to the links. I hope to have a scratch handicap by Labor Day.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by ska21 View Post
    Where did they set up the new Kirkwood course last year.
    the new course was set up starting at the ice rink or chair 5 and playing up towards the gully under chair 6...........finishing hole plays from the terrain park shack down to the bottom of chair 6.....ok course, but not as fun as the old course at timber creek.....

Disc golf or fRolf is one of my favorite activities to partake in during the summer months. It's too bad my favorite course in Frisco is being cleared of trees due to an infestation...can't really beat a course with nice mountain views and a sweet lake as a backdrop. I guess I will need to take the lifts up in order to play this year.

Quote Originally Posted by valleygirl View Post
    THAT'S not golf...

It so is.

Say all my stoner friends.
    We're sorta like 7-Eleven. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

Used to play all the time in Alaska - sweet course by the lagoon.

Haven't played in years now, though, though I've still got a decent set of discs. Solitude has a course? I may have to hit it up....
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

I've played the course at Soltude, and the one at Grand Targhee is equally as good. We have one here in Laramie at one of the city parks that isn't the greatest, but it isn't the worst either. It has some water hazards too. I like to play, but haven't played yet this year. Maybe I will get out and play this week.

SLSki, if you like frisco you should check out leadville's course, it is behind the cmc.

Quote Originally Posted by AsheanMT View Post
    We call it "Folf" out here in Montana. And yes, folf fucking rules!! Way better than golf or just tossing a frisbee!

BTW: You better be using real folf discs and not a regular frisbee like I see so many folf JONGS doing. This is my favorite:
    I play with a regular frisbee, douchebag.

But truth be told, it's because I'm an ultimate player, so a) I'm very good with a regular frisbee, and b) I don't want to mess with my mechanics by learning to throw a real golf disc. I can beat most people using "folf" discs, they may outdrive me but I have all but the good ones beat on approach shots and the bag of tricks shots.

There's a great course in Frisco, CO.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I can beat most people using "folf" discs, they may outdrive me but I have all but the good ones beat on approach shots and the bag of tricks shots.
    no disrespect meant, but you must be talking about city park type courses(short)........there is no way you could hang on a long course with a frisbee....not saying you aren't good with a frisbee

My gf was world junior champ like a billion times so when we play its a two hour display at how much I suck. Her dad "Skeeter" is even better than her, so I try to be busy when they want to play.
    You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

For those searching for courses, an easy place to start is:
    http://www.pdga.org/course/index.php

Agreed that the frisco course is AAA+. I'm also partial to Badlands and badlands S. suburban (David Lorenz), although the grass is way too high there right now.

Used to play a lot, not so much now.

And it is so impossibly lame to say any derivation of "folf" or "frolf"
    "It is not the result that counts! It is not the result but the spirit! Not what - but how. Not what has been attained - but at what price.
    - A. Solzhenitsyn

Anybody want to play up in the Flathead let me know. I enjoy a good game every now and then and my buddy is a folfing freak. There is a pretty cool course up at the end of Whitefish lake and I hear there is a new one over by the KOA.

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    no disrespect meant, but you must be talking about city park type courses(short)........there is no way you could hang on a long course with a frisbee....not saying you aren't good with a frisbee
    I understand that people who know how to use a golf disc will way outdrive me, and if they are good, they'll beat me for sure; it depends on the course (I don't know what the courses are that I play on in terms of relative length; I play S. Boulder Rec and Frisco, for the most part). But the average novice golfer I see on the courses isn't well versed in the discs.

Courses that are just wide open and are all about the drive, yup, I am at a severe disadvantage. But wooded courses that require dodging obstacles, even if they are long, my disadvantage is much smaller.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy