Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deer valley roll call

Any other xc junkies out there? downhill, slalom? Post it up

You talking about the race in 2 weeks? Or just about riding?

Downhill usually and sometimes slalom, but I'm out for a few weeks.
    This touchy-feely Kumbaya shit has got to go.

The norba nationals in 2 wks. Im only racing sunday @ 8 tho...so if ne1 wants to meet up and do an easy ride sat or sun afternoon I would be game for that too.

I'm in for a bit of dh and slalom (so long as they don't cancel it . . . word is they haven't even started laying out a course yet.)

DH and SuperD. According to friends who work at DV (trail crew), the NCS DH course is going to get some work and may be a bit better than the last few years. I hope so.... that course kicks my ass every year. The Super D is always good at DV, a DHer's course for sure.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

I'll be Charging hard in the Begginer 40+ Super D and DH. Gunning for the bastard(only other guy in my class ) that beat me by 2 seconds at Bountiful.
    Don't make me come get you....

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    I'll be Charging hard in the Begginer 40+ Super D and DH. Gunning for the bastard(only other guy in my class ) that beat me by 2 seconds at Bountiful.
    ditto that
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    ditto that
    Soooo, Bagtagley will finally race DH and SuperD; sweet. Betcha can't beat an old guy.......

And no, you can not race with an infant on your back in some kind of rigged up Camelback contraption (Babyback?). That kind of behavior will be saved for Moab this fall.
    "People blame me because these water mains break, but I ask you, if the
    water mains didn't break, would it be my responsibility to fix them then?
    WOULD IT!?!"
    - M. Barry,
    Mayor of Washington, DC

we are just finishing building the bike loading ramps on sterling, and have finished the ramps on SLE and are starting to paint. We have a slalom course painted out, but it didn't get laid out till yesterday so i don't know if it has been started yet, or if will even get built, but it has been painted out. We have some work to do on the DH course, especially on the on the 8ft drop, both landing and takeoff need fixing. Should be a fun season!
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

I'll be spectating and making some snap shots.

me too

“How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Altagirl View Post
    Soooo, Bagtagley will finally race DH and SuperD; sweet. Betcha can't beat an old guy.......
    Only if I can race in 40+ Beginner.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Only if I can race in 40+ Beginner.
    That means you'll be dealing with me and you don't want none of that.
    Don't make me come get you....

me go ICUP XC next weekend DV, skip NORBA (cause me slow) and go do High Uintas classic RR instead (unless NORBA XC not Saturday then me do both) me need get stronger any which way
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    No more internal power struggle;
    We come together to overcome the little trouble.
    Soon we'll find out who is the real revolutionary,
    'Cause I don't want my people to be contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by rvski View Post
    The norba nationals in 2 wks. Im only racing sunday @ 8 tho...so if ne1 wants to meet up and do an easy ride sat or sun afternoon I would be game for that too.
    You're going 2 pwn the under 17 class.

^^^^^^^ ????????????? u got me, i dont know what to say to that 1. Im racing the youngins expert xc, but not that young. I would hope i pwn the u17s tho.

Oh, and anyone have any recommendations on where to stay, or where to park my car so no1 will bother me for sleeping in the back of it??? thnx

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead View Post
    Gunning for the bastard (only other guy in my class???) that beat me by 2 seconds at Bountiful.
    Watch your six flyboy, I'll be gunning for you in the SuperD.

If Bags gets to race in the 40+ group, I'm moving to the Super Senior class.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderBaker View Post
    me go ICUP XC next weekend DV, skip NORBA (cause me slow) and go do High Uintas classic RR instead (unless NORBA XC not Saturday then me do both) me need get stronger any which way
    What you need is a stronger command of the English language.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Arrow

Anyone have a link to the daily schedule? I tried poking around the norba-nationals/teambigbear site and became infuriated.

I can honestly say I am kinda debating doing the Super D, depending on course and start style. After all, I do have a Gravity Dropper now. How is that for being on the fence?

Not sure what class to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    What you need is a stronger command of the English language.
    me go fast

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd Wong View Post
    Anyone have a link to the daily schedule? I tried poking around the norba-nationals/teambigbear site and became infuriated.
    True that. The new site set-up is ra-ra-retarded. I guess that's because there is no "NORBA" anymore? Anywho, here's a link for you http://bluewolfevents.com/downloads/DV.pdf
    And yes, I'll be there. With cowbells on.

Quote Originally Posted by soul_skier View Post
    we are just finishing building the bike loading ramps on sterling, and have finished the ramps on SLE and are starting to paint. We have a slalom course painted out, but it didn't get laid out till yesterday so i don't know if it has been started yet, or if will even get built, but it has been painted out. We have some work to do on the DH course, especially on the on the 8ft drop, both landing and takeoff need fixing. Should be a fun season!

any progress on the slalom course? Still up in the air on registering for it blindly . . .

raced xc course today - never seen it in sweeter condition - sticky, no dust. Hopefully for the NORBAs racers we get a little more rain before next weekend cause it can all turn to dust pretty quick.

http://www.ride-it.net/utahraceserie...iewtopic&t=150

"Well, the NCS course is just about done. I ran into the trail crew today and, unofficially, here is what I learned:

Expert and Pro lines are totally separate at Niagra with the line right of the rock roll-down being filled in with boulders and marked off. The pros will have to hit the center line down. The experts are routed to the ride-around going left.

Bedrock Drop is back and may actually be pretty smooth. Steve (bike patroller) was asking if he should make the run in to the drop longer so you could get more speed. . . I think there's plenty of speed. They made the run-in smooth, packed dirt and filled in dirt to the lip of the rock so it's not so 'lippy'. They hadn't finished the landing yet, but made it sound like they might try to make a berm to catch you on the landing so you don't cartwheel down the hill. They were also going to smooth out the landing a bit. The drop will be open to Pro and Expert. (good luck with your time if you opt out of the drop as it would add seconds to your run) They've also made a smaller drop about 2ft left of Bedrock which may be faster. . .

The rest of the course seems more or less the same, with Barney Rubble being pretty burned in (even I can get through without too much trouble).

No word on the Sport/Beginner course, but a run down the old NORBA course revealed a ton of steel marking posts along the trail that weren't there last week. This would be a huge improvement over Devo IMO.

The DS course has actually been started (No joke!). They had put down a few berms and a few rollers by the time I left. Really, I'm not kidding. . real earth-moving equipment and all! "

I might be able to treat all racing maggots to an italian dinner, hot tub, swim and shower on the evening(s) of some of the races. If mags. will post interest, and best day, I'm sure that I could make it happen.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix