Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Here's the price quote i got this morning

I am planning to replace about 300 feet of fencing and had seen trex advertised. It doesn't look quite as good as wood, but wears better. Well, actually wood can hold up pretty well if mmaintained properly, but trex seems to be low maintenance. I hate vinyl. I think its a blight. So I went to a builders supply that sells trex this morning and was quoted a price of $47.00 per linear foot. Ouch! Its pretty nice stuff, but not that nice.

Make the fence out of rax skis, the fins go right into the concrete.

I haven't thought about this post for several months since the last time a contractor sent me a message. I got another question by email from a homeowner and asked if we still use Trex fencing. Long and short -- Yes. We've added a couple more products to our portfolio (like an ornamental fence called Fortress and a simulated rock wall fence called SimTek) but Trex is still the biggest brand seller for us. We just finished a 17,000' project for a light rail system that was particularly interesting because the architects had us build it up to 12' tall. The scaffolding was a nuisance but we figured it out and were able to move along at about 200-300' per day with a four man crew. Obviously, standard 6' tall fencing goes up a lot quicker. Trex is spendy; that's the truth. But people don't compromise getting what they want if they have the money. I am amazed how often we sell a job where the customer has gotten a vinyl bid for half the price and still decided to go with Trex. Anyway, if people are still stumbling across this thread, just thought you might want a more current post. So, at this rate, I'll write something new in 2015.

Thumbs up trex horizontal fence

Quote Originally Posted by CFCUser View Post
    I haven't thought about this post for several months since the last time a contractor sent me a message. I got another question by email from a homeowner and asked if we still use Trex fencing. Long and short -- Yes. We've added a couple more products to our portfolio (like an ornamental fence called Fortress and a simulated rock wall fence called SimTek) but Trex is still the biggest brand seller for us. We just finished a 17,000' project for a light rail system that was particularly interesting because the architects had us build it up to 12' tall. The scaffolding was a nuisance but we figured it out and were able to move along at about 200-300' per day with a four man crew. Obviously, standard 6' tall fencing goes up a lot quicker. Trex is spendy; that's the truth. But people don't compromise getting what they want if they have the money. I am amazed how often we sell a job where the customer has gotten a vinyl bid for half the price and still decided to go with Trex. Anyway, if people are still stumbling across this thread, just thought you might want a more current post. So, at this rate, I'll write something new in 2015.
    <br><br>You can never go wrong with composite fence because of its durability and people are now realizing the effects of cutting down trees just to make fences. Anyways, I think the best way to convince your neighbor to switch to trex is to let them know how much are they going to save using composite materials rather than wood. Btw, I am using trex horizontal fence myself because I don't have much time to maintain my fence.

I, for one, welcome our Trex Overlords

Quote Originally Posted by invictus1218@gmail.com View Post
    <br><br>You can never go wrong with composite fence because of its durability and people are now realizing the effects of cutting down trees just to make fences. Anyways, I think the best way to convince your neighbor to switch to trex is to let them know how much are they going to save using composite materials rather than wood. Btw, I am using trex horizontal fence myself because I don't have much time to maintain my fence.
    Too busy selling composite fence products?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

was almost positive this had to be a coreshot bump

trex sucks and looks like plastic and droops even when u frame joists at 12"oc. fuck that trex salemans bump. sustainably harvested redwood is the correct answer

Split face block

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

With my experience Trex is a terrible product! 18-oc is lie for all composite product and should never be done/ 12 oc is barely sufficient for the price you pay, the boards still get sag in the long run. Trex plastic clips are garbage and will break due to weathering/ Trex boards fade and weather/in our climate the boards expand and contract, which leads to Trex screws backing off and breaking. Trex is like buying Rax except Rax corporate headquaters decided to enter the market with a real ski length.....don't be fooled its garbage. Don't know about the fence as it relatively new here but I'd suspect similar issues

Just put your fence posts at 12" oc and it'll be fine.