Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: bloodymarry

If your ever at Alta, run by the Rustler lodge for one of the best bloody mary's I've ever tasted....
    This is the worst pain EVER!

over memorial weekend it dawned on me.......mammoth does not have a place short of driving to the ski hill to get a bloody....so if you don't want to pay $10 for a bloody then you have to wait untill 11:30 when angels opens..

whatever I feel like i what to do!

Where's the referee when you need him.

Ok people, there's a lot of shit you can put in a bloody mary; but I'm gonna call foul on a couple mentioned here.

Gin - are you out of your fucking mind? That's like calling a Manhattan a Martini.

Clamato - Our friends in the great white north will tell you this is called a Bloody Ceasar, which is a great drink in it's own right. But Mary doesn't eat clams, she prefers long skinny things.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

Quote Originally Posted by idiot View Post
    over memorial weekend it dawned on me.......mammoth does not have a place short of driving to the ski hill to get a bloody....so if you don't want to pay $10 for a bloody then you have to wait untill 11:30 when angels opens..

The bloody at Henesseys isn't too shabby.
    "I knew in an instant that the three dollars I had spent on wine would not go to waste."

I didn't read most of the above thread, but here's my picture TR for what it's worth. It was kind of fun making it -

Let's get started:

Vodka (Smirnoff is fine, Popov is too for that matter. You are mixing it, so it doesn't really make any difference. My favorites are Finlandia, Absolut for shots, Smirnoff/Popov for mixing. Kettle One if my feeling high classish, I've tried most of the other ones under $50, and that's the selection I go with. Stoli is garbage, Belveder/Grey Goose are overprised AFAIK(C) - Concerned, and other pretend to be good stuff, the shit is too expensive, Clamato Picante (I like the little extra kick), Lemon Juice, Black Pepper, Olives/Pickles/"Cheremsha" - not sure what this one is called in English and any other pickled stuff you like, it's all good, Worchister (however the fuck you spell that), Ice (lots of it)

[IMG][/IMG]

Add Vodka and don't be shy...:

Add Lemon Juice, don't overkill it, just a bit is enough:

Add Tomato Juice, Pepper, Olives, Pickles, other pickled stuff:

Top off with whatever is potentially lacking and enjoy the pre-drinking view:

Post on TGR:

P.S. No shoes were hurt during the making of this TR
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

Quote Originally Posted by tex1230 View Post
    Clamato or regular V8

cheap vodka (you can't really taste the difference once it's mixed)

tabasco

horseradish

celery salt

cracked pepper

a drop of vermouth

worsteshire

celery stick, olives, and a lemon wedge

-you can use Absolut Pepar and leave out the tabasco if you want, but I can't really tell the difference and you can vary the spiciness better if you use tabasco.

I was going to ask for what proportions you use of the above but after careful consideration I think I'll just make about 10 bloodies, varying the mix each time, and I'll let you know which one is best after I wake up...
    I still call it The Jake.

Squatch Guest
    i predict that, assuming you make them like IE's, bloody mary's 1 and 2 are "strong" while 3-6 are "delicious" and 7 is "grhtugto." 8-10 will not exist.

no shit. I have a feeling that if I made them like IE I'd be on the floor way before #8. Judging from the RENO HILTON glass on the table that's about anywhere between an eighth to a quarter bottle of Smirnoff per bloody.

On second thought that really isn't a bad thing. If you think about it bloodys are great hangover companions, and what better way to get hung over than drink 2 bottles of Smirnoff in 6 drinks?

look for TR soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Infantile Egomaniac View Post
    Vodka (Smirnoff is fine, Popov is too for that matter. You are mixing it, so it doesn't really make any difference. My favorites are Finlandia, Absolut for shots, Smirnoff/Popov for mixing. Kettle One if my feeling high classish, I've tried most of the other ones under $50, and that's the selection I go with. Stoli is garbage, Belveder/Grey Goose are overprised AFAIK(C) - Concerned, and other pretend to be good stuff, the shit is too expensive, Clamato Picante (I like the little extra kick),
    Warning: Curmudgeon alcoholic rant to follow.

Popov is probably the only vodka that's given me a hangover. It's the worst of the worst, yes maybe even worse than Wolfschmidt. Smirnoff is just meh. For mixing it's fine though. Stoli is damn good shit. Especially Stolit Gold, but getting into the topic of premium vodkas when discussing bloody mary's is useless. You're just wasting your money if you put top notch vodka in there. It's the law of diminishing returns. With any mixed drink you can tell the difference between cheap and good booze, but the difference between good and great isn't really noticeable.

That said, life is too short to drink cheap alcohol. So do yourself a favor and skip Popov (aka. puke juice). There is one exception to this rule however, depending on how you define cheap I guess (as in cheaply made vs. price tag cheap). Monopolowa is dirt cheap and really damn good. Trader Joes carries it, and I think you can find it elsewhere now too.

Oh and always keep your vodka in the freezer. It makes a world of difference.
    Last edited by Arty50; 06-03-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    Monopolowa is dirt cheap and really damn good. Trader Joes carries it, and I think you can find it elsewhere now too.

Oh and always keep your vodka in the freezer. It makes a world of difference.
    I saw that at the Joe's last night. I was a little too afraid to try it, but now I won't be.

Freezer... Doooo. It.!

I'm in Pasadena tomorrow night, and I don't thnk i can count on the Ginats to seepw again like thys e did about a month abog when I asw down there, but i can always coutnn on awesome Thai food. Peace out , yaa e a, Ons! yeah!1!!
    “Don’t want to sound like a dick or nothing but it says on your chart you’re fucked up. You talk like a fag, and your shit’s all retarded.”

FRESH LIME,FRESH SQUEEZE OF .......LIME.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    Don't forget the Garnish
    Celery, olives and or the old Thirsty Squirrel used to use green beans.
    Pickled green beans by any chance? Local bar by me uses them and I'll ask for extra just to satisfy my daily recommended serving of vegtables. Good shite.

Ooooooh, I forgot about those. Pickled green beans are the shit!!! Waaaaayyyyyy better than celery. Great call, sirs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arty50 View Post
    The bloody at Henesseys isn't too shabby.
    Yup, on sundays the Hennesseys in Dana Point has $2 bloody's till noon

Oh and thought you guys might like to try these out as a garnish, very yummy

Whoa, what you gotta say?? Whoa, girls turn 18 every day!!!
    --Vandals

the most important thing is the size of the glass

that english pint looks about right 20oz

Hayduke Aug 7,1996 GS-Aug 26 2010
    HunterS March 17 09-Oct 24 14

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bag O' Donuts View Post
    Yup, on sundays the Hennesseys in Dana Point has $2 bloody's till noon

Oh and thought you guys might like to try these out as a garnish, very yummy

The pickled green beans are one of my favorites. A cafe up here does a Chipotle Bloody Mary w/ a Crab Claw garnish served up in a big mason jar. Not too bad either.

is it the weekend yet??????
    whatever I feel like i what to do!

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I was going to ask for what proportions you use of the above but after careful consideration I think I'll just make about 10 bloodies, varying the mix each time, and I'll let you know which one is best after I wake up...
    in a pint glass, 2 shots vodka, 1 shot worstechire, a couple of drops of vermouth, 1/2 tsp horseradish, 3-6 dashes of tabasco, ice, fill with tomato juice of your choice...

that's a good starting point.

I usually end up with a little more vodka and a little less worstechire...