Question [idea] skiing days competition?

I was thinking the other day about how I want to get in as many days as possible this year and thought that maybe a good way to stay motivated when it is -20 and hasnt snowed for 2 weeks would be a little friendly competition between minions/maggots might do the trick?

Anyone interested in a total skiing days competition? Maybe we could break it down by region, or just compete as a percentage of days you've gone skiing to the days your local hill has been open to give people with shorter seasons a chance.

no idea what the prizes would be, a 6er of some good brew? a sticker from the resort of losers? maybe some TGR schwag

what say ye?
    ...tricks deserve applause, style deserves respect

Screw that...I say we have a lift ticket competition...winner is the JONG that can collect the most wicket/ticket combos on a single zipper.

Will 100 consecutive backcountry days count the same as 100 days teaching Kids Kamp?

Wink

i like it, but you should get double points if you put them on your main zipper so they are smacking you in the face all the way down the hill.

Pinner...Only if you have a wicket/ticket combo on your zipper to prove it.

I think an appropriate prize for most backcountry days would be a lift ticket.

Prize for most lift-served days should be a swift kick in the nuts.

Wink

that settles it, screw getting a pass this year, I'll be hitting up some of michigan's fabled BC hits!

Cool

Why is it hard to stay motivated to ski? Just get out there and enjoy it, mang!!!

Ignore the bots.

Because they are here too.

edit - I reread the thread and i cna't figure out what i meant with my original post
    Last edited by alto; 10-06-2003 at 11:13 PM.

Smile

Originally posted by Samwich
    Why is it hard to stay motivated to ski? Just get out there and enjoy it, mang!!!
    not motivation to ski, just a little something extra to go every day, even when conditions lick.

No one interested in a little friendly informal competition? oh well, just throwin the idea out there.

They still grooming over any/all fresh snow in MI, ripley?

SkiingMag used to have a little contest type site where you could input your vert each day, and it would keep track and rank you agains other people. Don't know if they still have it.

Exclamation

I skied 13 years with no injuries,
    the year I started counting my days ( marking them on a calender as opposed to ye olde "seems like about __") I was hospitalized & almost died 2x.
    since then, 97 I stopped counting.

Seems like you are inviting bad ju ju.
    but then i am [SWIAMG]very supersticious...[/SWIAMG]

plus like Pinner aluded to, cant compare ski days ( one run on the toothbrush @ Milton Keynes compared to a bell to bell blower fest @ Jackson)

Thumbs up

Originally posted by joshbu
    They still grooming over any/all fresh snow in MI, ripley?

I would say Mt Ripley grooms a little more than half to 3/4 of their runs, but if there is fresh they only groom maybe 1 run sometimes none. Bohemia doesn's groom anything, except for 1 catch all run that loops around the backside, and sometimes their only "intermediate" run.

Downstate though, you are lucky to get a few runs in before it is all groomed over and converted to an inch of extra base depth for the resort.

"It's not about how many days you get in a season, it's about how many seasons you get in your days."