Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    Police told me that my neighbors said they'd rather just eat it for dinner than get rid of it and I haven't heard another rooster.

Another one I'd forgotten about.. Neighbors before the current ones also had some chickens about 10 years ago.. One of them popped over the fence to our yard. I went and knocked on their door to tell them to come get it. Dude came over, we went back there together. He picked up a big rock and nailed it. Picked up the carcus and took it home to cook LOL
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Speaking of encounters between dogs and neighbor pets... my wife was friendly with a neighbor (call her Nancy), they used to walk dogs together. One day Nancy invites my wife in. My wife asks if it's OK to let our dog (yellow lab) off leash in the house, Nancy says sure. They're shooting the shit when they hear a high pitched noise from the other room. Turns out Nancy had a pet rabbit , our dog had grabbed it by the neck and was proudly shaking it like a chew toy. We weren't invited to the bunny funeral (yes, they had one).

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    In town.

Until recently, they had a chicken. It's name was Penpen, and she slept on their dresser. It used to roam around the yard, the street, sometimess crossing over to its fate and our dog in our front yard.

My wife and I have been talking about how the thing would surely be killed soon, by a dog, cat, osprey (we are right by the river), or car. Well, it happened. We don't know the full story yet, but in any case, the neighbors have already "found" a new "stray" chicken on the soccer field down the street, brought him home, and discovered the first night that it's actually a rooster.

Damn thing is making a hell of a racket right now, but we haven't heard him in the morning yet. Neighbors claim they will keep him inside in the morning, but still.

What the fuck.

If the thing wanders into our yard or the street immediately in front of our yard, and our dog kills it, are we going to be out $15 for a new chicken? Or is it just 'tough shit, morons'?
    Chicken killer, will have to shoot the dog.

That's what I was taught. Back when I lived were there dogs chickens and roosters everywhere
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Well, if your wife goes on trip or something, and yer lonely:
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

No shit I just searched for this thread because I remembered *reading* a thread about a neighbor getting a rooster. I have no recollection of Penpen at all...but a different neighbor at our current/different house now has a fucking obnoxious rooster that was going bananas at 5:45 this morning.

I get involved in neighbor fights for a living and I hate them, but I am going to murder this fucking rooster. How big of an asshole do you have to be to buy/keep a grown-ass rooster in town, when they are illegal?

Fuck you, Craig.

Thanks for the reminder. Neighbor who lives on 1 acre and has 3 dwarf steers, 5 micro-goats and a boatload of chickens must have strangled his rooster cause I no longer hear that fucker.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Just went and rang Craig's doorbell four times and waited for 10 minutes at 6:30am to tell him I got woken up by the rooster for the last time and nobody answered even though there are two cars in the driveway. Fucking coward.

Be grateful it's not a peacock.

^^^ Scary sounding bastards.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Iceman has experience with what needs to be done next.

Attachment 422619
    I was thinking a pellet air gun was the tool to quietly get the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Naw, you need to send a message to all the other neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Naw, you need to send a message to all the other neighbors.
    Killing the guy seems a bit extreme

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Always go over the top. Kill the rooster in the middle of the Street and perform a bloody Voodoo ceremony with its entrails!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    Always go over the top. Kill the rooster in the middle of the Street and perform a bloody Voodoo ceremony with its entrails!
    You know he ain’t gonna die

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Be grateful it's not a peacock.
    Those fuckers make two noises at max volume. The first one sounds like the noise your car makes when the motor is already running and you turn the key to attempt to start it. The second sounds like a child fell down a well and is yelling 'elp, repeatedly and loudly. Our landlord's brother (our next door neighbor) had a bunch. They also ran free and were always in the road. They are really good at dodging cars. I tried repeatedly to run them over.

Nah, kill the neighbor in front of the rooster and see if that fucker makes a peep after that. A warning like that leaves an impression.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Those fuckers make two noises at max volume. The first one sounds like the noise your car makes when the motor is already running and you turn the key to attempt to start it. The second sounds like a child fell down a well and is yelling 'elp, repeatedly and loudly. Our landlord's brother (our next door neighbor) had a bunch. They also ran free and were always in the road. They are really good at dodging cars. I tried repeatedly to run them over.
    So the Franklin Park Zoo had some free-roaming peacocks on the grounds. A few years ago I was watching my wife line up a photo of my oldest daughter (then maybe 4?) on some fake alligator when one of the peacocks sneaks right up behind her and makes the first sound you described. Between the shriek, the jump, and the fact that she initially turned to leave our daughter to fend for herself, I don't know if I (or my daughter) have laughed that hard since.

Peacocks are the nuclear option in neighbor disputes.

So the Franklin Park Zoo had some free-roaming peacocks on the grounds. A few years ago I was watching my wife line up a photo of my oldest daughter (then maybe 4?) on some fake alligator when one of the peacocks sneaks right up behind her and makes the first sound you described. Between the shriek, the jump, and the fact that she initially turned to leave our daughter to fend for herself, I don't know if I (or my daughter) have laughed that hard since.
    Your kid stole the peacock's turn on the gator.

Chickens, peacocks, meh…
    The Yakmen of Arcata CA have you all beat
    http://www.arcataeye.com/2013/08/yak...-leave-arcata/

Name:  ED20AE4E-D6A9-4B8C-9BA5-3E6F9225B3B6.png
Views: 393
Size:  382.7 KB

Last I heard they were living in a yurt - with their yaks

I knew a guy that lived at the bottom of a rocky hill with a rattlesnake problem. He got a couple of peacocks and they killed/kept away all of the snakes. So there is that I guess?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    Nah, kill the neighbor in front of the rooster and see if that fucker makes a peep after that. A warning like that leaves an impression.
    You are on to something!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Chickens, peacocks, meh…
    The Yakmen of Arcata CA have you all beat
    http://www.arcataeye.com/2013/08/yak...-leave-arcata/

Name:  ED20AE4E-D6A9-4B8C-9BA5-3E6F9225B3B6.png
Views: 393
Size:  382.7 KB

Last I heard they were living in a yurt - with their yaks
    I imagine that's pretty tame for arcata.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I knew a guy that lived at the bottom of a rocky hill with a rattlesnake problem. He got a couple of peacocks and they killed/kept away all of the snakes. So there is that I guess?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    That's bad ass. Not sure which I detest more, rattlers or peacocks.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I imagine that's pretty tame for arcata.
    You decide. Here’s the Police Log for a period in June & July 2013 (found by searching for Yaksmen Arcata).

They were reported on only two of those days.
    https://www.arcataeye.com/2013/08/ar...tchy-and-loud/

They may have moved out of town
    https://www.madriverunion.com/articl...ggy-cow-story/