Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    'mo nicer:

My current ride--a SC Blur with some authentic Moabian mud from last weekend that I've been too lazy to wash off. I'm switching to disk brakes soon! WOO!

This is the PK Lowrider ...........I've had the frame since 82....

2003 Jamis Dakar Comp

More fucked up than a cricket in a hubcap

In the pic, the Dean is in the stand, waiting for me to finish cleaning the bb. The Lemond is up on the wall, waiting for me to pull it down and ride it up to Ward for some good coffee. The '95 GT Backwoods is my old ride...if I'm lucky enough to be within distance in Boston, it'll be my commuter.

My babies:
    When I feel the need to wear lycra-

My favorite baby-

My general, all-around trail bike-

My "I'm gonna tear this shit up" bike-
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Damn snow_slider, nice quiver.

Thanks CS! Much to my wife's chagrin, I'm currently lobbying to add this one to the stable:

Barring divorce or me winning the lottery, it will be the last addition, so I plan to spec it out with the really good stuff. American Classic 420 wheelset, full Dura-Ace 10 speed, carbon bars.

Hey, snow_slider, aren't the Truth and the AC pretty much the same exact bike?

s.s. you got a serious problem...

Originally posted by hev
    s.s. you got a serious problem...
    No second opinion required, but I agree.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

My Ride:

http://www.covebike.com/my_files/fr_built.htm

Putting a 6 inch Sherman Slider on it this weekend though......Perfect bike for the North Shore IMO....
    Martha's just polishing the brass on the Titanic....

CS - the Truth and AC are about as much alike as a Porsche and a VW. They're both bikes, they both have two wheels and suspension, but they are COMPLETELY different animals. The Truth is much more effecient (approaches stable-platform technology while still retaining all the small bump forgiveness of a four-bar suspension.

Don't get me wrong, the AC is a great bike, but it's significantly heavier (about 6 pounds) and MUCH cushier. I basically bought it as a back up bike or the go to bike when I'm riding more technical trails (I wouldn't even think of taking my Truth off a three foot or higher drop).

hev/IG - Problem?!? Well, yeah I guess so.

Hi my name is Gill...

I'm a gear slut...

I stand corrected. I just figured they have the same linkage (though I did notice different position points, or whatever that is), and were both in the 4" range. But whatever, sweet rigs either way.

I will have to disagree with your "I'm gonna tear this shit up" bike. To do that properly, you need this:

Milkman, very nice ride. So cool to see so many people getting aggro on the hardtails.
    Last edited by CS; 03-19-2004 at 04:20 PM.

since we are talkin' elsworth. here is my little baby. next step, get rid of the white bros crap on the front ...... sherman would look nice on there. six in front, six in back. purrrfect.

CS - Holy shite! That's not a bike, that's a tank. Too many pivots to maintenance for me and tha rear hydro line routing worrys me. I could see ripping that sucker off on the first log pile I crossed.

Here's my dream "tear this shit up" bike:

I'm just a sucker for a 4-bar suspension. Plus it's always nice to support the up and coming builder

As for the difference between the Truth and the AC Air - the rear pivot location on the Truth is on the chainstay, slightly below the rear axel (true Horst link). On the Giant, it's on the seatstay. Theseatstay location puts it above the rear axel and allows braking to stiffen the rear suspension action, while the Truth's suspension action is unaffected by braking. Yes, I'm a suspension nerd...

Basom - sweet bike man!

I agree that milkmans bike rocks - I have a friend who does a lot of urban assault riding. He has broken like three hardtails in the last year. He bought a Cove and it's been bombproof.

Originally posted by snow_slider
    hev/IG - Problem?!? Well, yeah I guess so.
    I can't speak for hev, it's only envy on my part.

You make gearheads like us proud.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Science-fiction author Robert Heinlein

Gadget - Now I just need to convince my wife that owning another pair of skis makes sense - given where I live (Virginia).

Gear is good...

wow, some sweet rides here!

i'm a JABR (just another bullit rider)....looking forward to this summer.

Last edited by Ripzalot; 05-08-2007 at 11:44 AM.

Another Bullit to throw in the mix.

Here's the Bullit (only one I could find). I'll have plenty of new pics once the 888 is installed...Oh Yeah!

Here's the Chameleon after a very rare cleaning:

Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Far too many clean bikes here. Y'all need to get out and ride more. Rode 50 kms of soggy wet road yesterday, the head wind was nasty.

Love my ride!

Here she is, she's a beaut!!
    It's a Cannondale R700, 2002 triple edition. To read more about it, go to http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/c...del-2RR7T.html
    Last edited by divegirl; 03-22-2004 at 08:38 PM.
    bc-lovah

My other quiver

Nicer than my ski quiver actually. Here's DH bike minus stem & pedals. (Soon, my pretty.)

My trail/slalom/4X ride. I love 32t rings....