Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    ...and the newest edition. S&M Holmes Classin w. ghetto rigged Magura hydro brake. It works soooo well. I love this bike

Another shout out for keeping it simple - urban style.

Last edited by Bill L. Zeebub; 03-25-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Nice Tap. I bought my Truth before Turner came out with the 5 spot. If I was buying now, that's DEFINITELY the frame I'd be on.
    Of all the muthafuckas on earth, you the muthafuckest.

Originally posted by Tap
    finally, a real picture of my ride...

Hmmm. I used to like you, Tap. You can get yourself back into my good graces by sending that bike to me (I'll pay shipping).
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

My velo quiver is worse than my ski quiver.

Surprising lack of roadies here (okay, maybe not too surprising).

I think my Imelda Marco-esque velo quiver just doubled the number of road bikes in this thread.

I'm down to four bikes at the moment (from 7 last year):

1. Surly Steamroller fixie/SS (flip-flop hub). Built it up from leftover N.O.S. parts scrounged on eBay. My summer coffee-foraging rig, spring fixed-gear Wash Park spinner, and fall metric-century bike. Best bike I've ever owned. One of the cheapest and simplest, too.

2. custom Waterford "cyclo-road." quick geometry and low BB but clearance for mud and 35c cross knobbies. Meant for all-round riding, plus still able to fake it in the odd Cat 4/5 road race or cyclocross race. Full Campy Record. I've even bolted on aerobars and done tri's on this fokker. I spec'd it with fender bosses, so in 20 years it'll have a nice patina and serve as a foul-weather commuter.

3. KHS Team. Ghettocrosser. Softail 'cross bike, built up for winter, the fall cyclocross series, and the urban wasteland. Mostly Ultegra, some 105, and whatever else I found in the trash.

4. Torelli cyclocross frame - probably ruined for good.

5. 1972 Cinelli Super Corsa. Restoration project. Full Campy Nuovo Record and super-rare 1st-generation Phil Wood hubs. Exquisite ride.

I put it in my other thread, but here's the new ride:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Re: My velo quiver is worse than my ski quiver.

Originally posted by Innominatus
    Surprising lack of roadies here (okay, maybe not too surprising).

I think my Imelda Marco-esque velo quiver just doubled the number of road bikes in this thread.

I'll help out once I get my pics uploaded. BTW, howdja like that Torelli? I hated mine, but it was lower end.

Nice ride, AltaGirl- I say that because I thought Yeti was long out of business.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Re: Re: My velo quiver is worse than my ski quiver.

Originally posted by Viva
    BTW, howdja like that Torelli? I hated mine, but it was lower end.
    Yeah, it kind of sucked. Decent build quality and ride, but the thing was a tank (24 lbs. all up).

Pushing that behemoth around in my first 'cross race left me in such an anaerobic crash that by the time I got to the finish line (dead last, natch) I thought I was looking through toilet paper tubes...

Hardtails represent!

I built this one myself, starting with a magnesium (!) frame from Hungary.

My bike

My Bike.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

mmmmmmm enduro is fun eh

In the process of pulling my studden tires off and putting on some fresh rubber. We rode all fall as it started to snow, even made it out on Boxing day and New Years day before the snow got too deep.

Originally posted by shirk
    mmmmmmm enduro is fun eh
    Enduro is as much fun as skiing!
    First enduro of the season (for me) is April 18... can't wait!
    Went for a ride yesterday (first ride of the season) on my new bike; rode 70 miles of single track -- I'm feelin' it a bit today, but oh ya, I'm ready to ride!
    Magoo
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," said Alice. "Oh, you can't help that," said the cat. "We're all mad here."

My new ride. Loving it more and more each time I'm out on it.

Last edited by spanky; 09-22-2008 at 12:12 PM. Reason: embed attached image

This is my road ride.

I was amazed at how light and fluffy the powdery snow was and at how the challenge never ended.
    -Charles Kelly, CT

Mines candy apple red with Ultegra. Very sweet.

Altagirl--I love your new bike. Beautiful.

Here's mine, which I also love! BUT, rear tire clearance is nil (a 2.3 BARELY fits back there, and with any mud I'm screwed). Foes offers a new rear triangle this year for a whopping $500. I'm considering selling it on principle alone--those fockers screwed up the design in the first place, and want to make ME pay that much to fix their mistake? WTF?!

But I like the bike so much I have a hard time thinking of selling it...

anyway here she is:

Nice bike Particle. I've been drooling over the Fly for a while now, but, damn, those suckers are expensive.

Sweet bike!

Sucks to pay for an upgrade like that, but at least it's available. I think I'd go with the 2.3s for a while though - probably enough for most situations anyway... but I hear you, it's the principle.
    "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "Wow, what a Ride!"

Pfft, I ride 2.3s on my skateboard.

Thanks for the compliments CS and AG

AG--I dont' so much mind the 2.3's (technically 2.25 IRC Trailbears), but the clearance is soooo small that any bit of mud instantly jams up the tire. Fortunately we live in Utah where mud is more of a myth than reality...

I'll probably buck up and get the replacement later this summer. Other tempting options are the Ventana El Chamuco or an AS-X. But Foes was always that 'dream bike' and I dont' think I can let it go!

and Frizz--go back to your dirt jumps!

Smile

as-x

Originally posted by flykdog

as-x

NO EXCUSES.

Holy crap, SLCFreshies' bike has Nitrous! --> http://www.tetongravity.com/usergall...compressed.jpg

My new-ish ride via insurance money. All the bike my previous bike would never be, for very little out of pocket $.