Fuck. Yeah. (cat skiing related)

I just heard back from my dad... he says it's a go for cat skiing together next year out of Togowatee Lodge. He will be 58 next season and he tried fat skis for the first time this season (my PR's and Big Daddies at Targhee). He and I have been skiing together when we can ever since he first put me on skis, but we have never done anything like this before. He is going to be hitting his BowFlex and treadmill between now and then, and I guess I should do the same...

I'm stoked!!!

FKNA!!!

btw: neither of us have ever been cat skiing before...

That looks cool! Do yourself a favor though and try and round up a posse of good skiers to go with you and fill the cat. The worst thing that can happen if you don't is to lay down the money and then get put in with a group of gaper-touristas who've never skied powder before but have enough money to do the trip and to demand the guide take care of their every little need thereby pissing him off. You'll think the liftline is gnar compared to the kind of shit you might be skiing otherwise. The sickest terrain you get to ski is directly related to the weakest skier in the group.

dankhucker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    That looks cool! Do yourself a favor though and try and round up a posse of good skiers to go with you and fill the cat. The worst thing that can happen if you don't is to lay down the money and then get put in with a group of gaper-touristas who've never skied powder before but have enough money to do the trip and to demand the guide take care of their every little need thereby pissing him off. You'll think the liftline is gnar compared to the kind of shit you might be skiing otherwise. The sickest terrain you get to ski is directly related to the weakest skier in the group.
    wow...good info if your gonna drop the ducketts on somtin' like that

I'm trying to get Sethpistol1 to pony up, if he'd read his damn e-mail....

Wysplitride... you wanna come over the hill and join us?

Togwotee is fucking RAD. Check out the storey thatI did for Powder on them two years ago. You will be stoked. BTW ask for Jaime to be your guide. The dude is rad.
    The Ski Journal theskijournal.com
    frequency TSJ frqncy.com

Do yourself a favor though and try and round up a posse of good skiers to go with you and fill the cat. The worst thing that can happen if you don't is to lay down the money and then get put in with a group of gaper-touristas who've never skied powder before but have enough money to do the trip and to demand the guide take care of their every little need thereby pissing him off. You'll think the liftline is gnar compared to the kind of shit you might be skiing otherwise. The sickest terrain you get to ski is directly related to the weakest skier in the group.
    exactly what I was about to write. cat skiing is the shit any way you look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbakerskier View Post
    Togwotee is fucking RAD. Check out the storey thatI did for Powder on them two years ago. You will be stoked. BTW ask for Jaime to be your guide. The dude is rad.
    Pow Mag was where I first heard of them...

Thanks mang!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 72Twenty View Post
    Wysplitride... you wanna come over the hill and join us?
    Cool to hear that you will be coming up to support the local economy! Not too interested in paying hundreds of dollars for what I can zoom up on my snowmobile for free or even better hike up. They call the terrain "extreme," but these are some of the easiest runs on the whole pass. I am sure you will have a great time though. Be sure to give me a jingle when you come up and I will take you to some "serious" backcountry terrain away from everyone. I promise, you will shit your pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysplit_ride View Post
    Cool to hear that you will be coming up to support the local economy! Not too interested in paying hundreds of dollars for what I can zoom up on my snowmobile for free or even better hike up. They call the terrain "extreme," but these are some of the easiest runs on the whole pass. I am sure you will have a great time though. Be sure to give me a jingle when you come up and I will take you to some "serious" backcountry terrain away from everyone. I promise, you will shit your pants.
    NOICE!

Hey, remember I will be skiing with my 58 year old dad, so I'm sure the terrain will be just fine for him (he IS a good skier though...). I'll page you on the courtesy phone though.

Since ill be in laramie, im going to go get in one of your suitcases
    It was called the eighties, Ford was president, Nixon was in the white house, and FDR was running the country into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by schueb82414 View Post
    Since ill be in laramie, im going to go get in one of your suitcases
    You going to be here all season? School at UW?