Page 355 of 729 FirstFirst ... 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,875 of 18218
    Robinhood is not down (actually, yes it is ), because Robinhood wants everyone to know the best service a retail broker can provide is not answering the phones during a crash. /s

I’m waiting for a video of some dumbfuck in a MAGA hat being interviewed, and saying that this market drop is ‘Fake News’.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    I have faith in the long term.

Q is when to buy the 3x leveraged oil bull etf?
    If I knew the answer to that question, I wouldn't be posting on the internet right now. I would be sitting in my Heli waiting for take off, somewhere up in Northern BC right now.

But I did go to cash on a big chunk of change last December so I could buy a piece of land. So, I guess, I timed that right., maybe...
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    I have faith in the long term.

Q is when to buy the 3x leveraged oil bull etf?
    Two things- I wouldn’t buy a levered etf until things actually settled and there’s a bit of clarity. 2. You need to be right on direction and timing. Those levered etfs bleed more money on the downside than they gain on the upside based on their funding.

Call options not a bad proxy if you have a timeframe in mind
    Decisions Decisions

Thanks for the helpful notes.

Might be best to allocate some of those investment funds to accelerated development of my emergency winter shelter project...hedge against complete collapse of western civilization as we know it. Might need it next winter to stay warm.

Long: polyethylene
    Master of mediocrity.

Meanwhile Verizon's up. That company sucks so hard they can't even crash right.

No one should be using leverage, unless it’s someone else’s money.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Robinhood is not down (actually, yes it is ), because Robinhood wants everyone to know the best service a retail broker can provide is not answering the phones during a crash. /s
    Robinhood should probably give some kind of commission refund...

Glad I ditched Fidelity and TD and moved to IB long ago.

Well, I guess Trump might not do a ‘pathetic attempt to calm the nation’ speech tonight...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/09/trum...tock-drop.html
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    after last week's buying
    I can only say thank gawd i listened to my gut and only had about 2.5% of the after tax portfolio in stock when this started. However. After two dramitic down days I bought with another 2.5%. :-\. now llllooooonnnnnggg positons. The before tax portfolio....
    "Can't you see..."

Just bought more.

Call it opportunistic dollar cost averaging.

Drift but related.
    Would you walk away from a real estate purchase at the moment?

Just bought more.

ditto

Just bought more.

I learned my lesson a long time ago attempting that. Hopefully you have more success.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Drift but related.
    Maybe depends on what market you're in. Some places have been pretty bullet-proof, even during market slumps. California and anything Californianized however....

Drift but related.
    depends where and if up market or down market. thinking the affordable stuff may soften but more of a flesh wound. more luxury stuff I'm guessing is going to get hit more with people's brokerage statements sucking so bad (and for a while). maybe put in real estate crash thread for some more opinions
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Drift but related.
    That depends on money already spent, and location.

Is the stock market going to tank?

I’m in Seattle it’s a super heated market right now. After being level for 2 years. I’m an agent losing on deals for buyers left and right at 7-10% over list, for the appealing property.
    Negotiating an off market deal for myself on a unique mid century rambler built by Paul Kirk. I’m catching it before it hits market next month. It borders my FIL - which is a good thing he’s rad (and gifting house eventually). The 2 lots would make 3 on new development.
    Just don’t like the timing. Mrs Cascade will cry if it doesn’t happen. The place will make life happier, it’s remodeled and dope for the price range. Its a property that will bring mid to upper 8s with 2.4M new construction across the street. Granted those have 2k more sqft

Drift but related.
    Depends, if the price is more in the starter price range for the area, then no, as rates a great and starter home prices going down much are not likely IMO.
    Million dollar home? Those are taking a beating everywhere anyways. Throw in big losses in portfolios and it will likely get worse before better. I would wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I learned my lesson a long time ago attempting that. Hopefully you have more success.
    Seems like lots of folks are focusing on 2675. If it holds, back in business. If not....
    Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well.

Cat and ups put in new 2 yr lows. Took out dec 2018 lows. Going to be carnage if that keeps up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m in Seattle it’s a super heated market right now. After being level for 2 years. I’m an agent losing on deals for buyers left and right at 7-10% over list, for the appealing property.
    Negotiating an off market deal for myself on a unique mid century rambler built by Paul Kirk. I’m catching it before it hits market next month. It borders my FIL - which is a good thing he’s rad (and gifting house eventually). The 2 lots would make 3 on new development.
    Just don’t like the timing. Mrs Cascade will cry if it doesn’t happen. The place will make life happier, it’s remodeled and dope for the price range. Its a property that will bring mid to upper 8s with 2.4M new construction across the street. Granted those have 2k more sqft
    Sounds like a lot of reasons to move forward. When would you ever get another chance to move next door to your FIL?

Seems as good as place as any to post this link.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/d555c5a...raws-2020.html

Broomfield-based Vail Resorts Inc. (NYSE: MTN) withdrew its fiscal year 2020 guidance due to the uncertain impact of COVID-19, also referred to as the coronavirus, in a regulatory filing Monday. Additionally, the company estimates that its earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization for fiscal year 2020 will be approximately “$20 million below the midpoint of the guidance range previously issued on January 17, 2020,” the filing said. “Given the uncertainty surrounding the impact of the coronavirus on the broader U.S. travel market and any specific impact to the performance of our Company, we are not issuing guidance at this time for fiscal 2020 and are withdrawing our previous guidance issued on January 17, 2020,” CEO Rob Katz said in a news release.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

To repsond to the thread title- yes, the stock market is going to tank.

Is the real estate market going to tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    To repsond to the thread title- yes, the stock market is going to tank.

Is the real estate market going to tank?
    There's a separate thread for the RE market.

And no the stock market isn't GOING to take. It TANKED already.

Keep up Kevo.