Page 661 of 729 FirstFirst ... 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,525 of 18222
    Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    bzzzzzzt, wrong answer. He needed 10% at acquisition and disposal. Apes are bag holders getting fucked by the street without lube almost as hard as crypto baggies thinking they are winning, because the vocal few are fucking over their compatriots even harder
    I sold 95 percent of my position between monday and tuesday. My bag is pretty small and "house" money at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Why that place still exists is a mystery.
    It’s like Harbor Freight for women.

For insurance companies targeting a 7.5% yield, which might have been fully satisfied in fixed income markets in 1995, a fixed income orientation may again work today (see Figure 11), after more than a decade of having to “reach for yield” in a variety of asset classes further down the capital stack. Today, a 50/50 blend of investment grade (IG) and high yield (HY) bonds currently offers a 6.6% yield as represented by the Bloomberg U.S. Corporate Bond Index and U.S. Corporate High Yield Index, and hypothetically if Alts were able to provide around a 11.5% annual return (as they have historically), then that means an 85% FI/15% Alts portfolio would hit the 7.5% target. There is technically no need for an equity allocation – a phenomenon that hasn’t been witnessed in decades. We are not suggesting that investors omit equities from portfolios however, as there are liquidity, diversification and upside benefits to an equity allocation.

Well I wonder what the illuminati in Jackson hole are going to come up with this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    Well I wonder what the illuminati in Jackson hole are going to come up with this weekend.
    thats what I'm wondering

maybe that they got drunk talked some shit jerked each other off got richer
    then they leave town sunday and realized they are no smarter than anyone else in this country they just were in the right place at the right time and became wealthy

i kind of weirdly enjoy this volatility; just DCA off my pay check and not worry about it; hard to imagine some start-up company nailing it big time right now so just putting money into whales and trying to make my life as enjoyable as possible to make time pass faster. I havent bought bonds in my entire life until this year, feels nice to be in a place to start adding that my portfolio.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    thats what I'm wondering

maybe that they got drunk talked some shit jerked each other off got richer
    then they leave town sunday and realized they are no smarter than anyone else in this country they just were in the right place at the right time and became wealthy
    Jeez, I hope they didn't leave spooge all over the place at the Continuum.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Markets taking a breather before the next leg down.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Strange times continue. What the Fed said is exactly what was expected and yet markets . . . . They need to be weaned off their addiction to the Fed put, or something. I tend to agree that it's weirdly entertaining.

its very enteriaining
    by noon on tuesday the market will be up 600 pts because elon said something about his small dick the gop said something about the democrats and jamie dimon will say that chase has a great outlook on the continued raping of the poor

the in another week or so the 4th qtr expected gdp corporate earnings report and consumer outlook report will be released and it will be pretty damn grim

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Markets taking a breather before the next leg down.
    That is my guess. We had our first big selloff post Covid and then a lot of money moved back in after June 16th.

The realities of higher interest rates might let more air out.

I'm wondering if we'll be testing lows below the June 16th number in the next couple months.

I'm still long and still buying. I increased my biweekly purchases back in May. We'll see what happens.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/video...s-jensen-warns

Disconnect between financial economy and real economy, markets could fall 20-25%. Which wouldn’t be so troubling if BW didn’t seem to have their investment bearings back under them in this market (Pure alpha was up about 30% in the first half of the year)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Oofta
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

This could be it. Summer over, reality is back at work.

Interesting I read an article from July with Bill Grosse and he said the sanctity of the dollar being the global currency has been compromised with the US Govt seizing assets.

He also said to take 3% in 1 t-bills and sit out for now. I would agree with that. The yield curve is insane right now.

Gross likely holds a lot of Russian debt. He’s always been a big fan.

US has been freezing sovereign assets for decades. USD at 20 year highs.

seems the stock price isn’t the only thing falling at BBBY….

https://www.reuters.com/business/bed...ts-2022-09-04/

^^^ was he a Putin buddy?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Guy sold on the pump so he has a lot of explaining to do.

Not anymore

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Guy sold on the pump so he has a lot of explaining to do.
    how did he control the pump?

the pump was entirely controlled by shorts covering/options chain buy in/retail buy pressure.

Do we know for sure he killed himself?

Again full disclaimer I still have 100 shares of house money on BBBY and made ton of money on the run up, that I posted and predicted on this site. So I have a stake its like nothing compared to my networth.

The short interest of BBBY is still over 100 percent, on friday it was 104 percent. Meaning more shares shorted than actually exist in the float.

He jumped off the 18th floor of a fucking skyscraper moron, you think he walked away? Took them two days to publicly identify the body.

but I’m not surprised someone holding that turd of a stock that’s gonna splat too doesn’t believe

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    He jumped off the 18th floor of a fucking skyscraper moron, you think he walked away? Took them two days to publicly identify the body.

but I’m not surprised someone holding that turd of a stock that’s gonna splat too doesn’t believe
    he fell off. Do we know he jumped?

I mean I sold 900 shares above 25 dollars.....I am not exactly mad with how I played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    he fell off. Do we know he jumped?

I mean I sold 900 shares above 25 dollars.....I am not exactly mad with how I played it.
    His wife was in the apartment with him.

Him and RC both being sued for insider trading.

https://www.reuters.com/business/bed...ts-2022-09-04/

But congrats, you profited from a pump and dump scam!

I’d guess stock halted Tuesday

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    how did he control the pump?

the pump was entirely controlled by shorts covering/options chain buy in/retail buy pressure.

Do we know for sure he killed himself?

Again full disclaimer I still have 100 shares of house money on BBBY and made ton of money on the run up, that I posted and predicted on this site. So I have a stake its like nothing compared to my networth.

The short interest of BBBY is still over 100 percent, on friday it was 104 percent. Meaning more shares shorted than actually exist in the float.

always gotta slip in that humble brag about your supposed net worth.