Page 663 of 729 FirstFirst ... 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... LastLast
Results 16,551 to 16,575 of 18218
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Nobody cares.
    ok. then why is Bobmc posting false info? He obviously cares enough to post. You care enough to post you do not care.

Aren’t you supposed to be daytrading? Not gonna make your numbers if you spend all day jawbonin’ it around the water cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    how did he control the pump?

the pump was entirely controlled by shorts covering/options chain buy in/retail buy pressure.

Do we know for sure he killed himself?

Again full disclaimer I still have 100 shares of house money on BBBY and made ton of money on the run up, that I posted and predicted on this site. So I have a stake its like nothing compared to my networth.

The short interest of BBBY is still over 100 percent, on friday it was 104 percent. Meaning more shares shorted than actually exist in the float.
    Shorts don’t control the buy in of shorts, the clearing firms and broker dealers do. It’s all automated and based on the size of the customer on if you will get bought in.

I would call what some would call a “short squeeze” as a liquidity crisis. People that are short shares are being “bought in” at the end of the day, losing their short shares and then come in the next day unexpectedly long and then have to re short. If you get a gap down in between you can lose a lot of money on whatever you were hedging. . It’s all automated and has nothing to do with bias but rather tha avaialbilty of shares to borrow and short. That’s why option put/call parity gets all screwed up, people pay a premium to short deltas with options. They hammer the calls and bid up the puts because the average schmuck can’t short the stock, only the big guys can. It was the easiest money I ever made selling those risk reversals and shorting the stock. I am almost never got bought in because I cleared Merrell Lynch and they had a huge stock loan dept.

I keep saying this, but being short stock does not always mean you want the stock to go down. You may be the one shorting the puts (me), or you may have gobbled up a ton of warrants, and you’re just hedging.

It’s not always a mind game. The structure of liquidity in the market prevails over fantasy david vs Goliath stories. Much, much bigger players doing things we have no idea about. 90% of short interest is just a hedge. The run up in price is purely a liquidity issue.

Right, and the whole “gamma squeeze” thing is just the latest fad that will always have merit but it’s doomed to fail as a primary strategy like every other fad. It’s never that simple.

I still expect GME In low single digits at some point regardless of technical positioning. I’m sure Cohens trading branch is well hedged.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Shorts don’t control the buy in of shorts, the clearing firms and broker dealers do. It’s all automated and based on the size of the customer on if you will get bought in.

I would call what some would call a “short squeeze” as a liquidity crisis. People that are short shares are being “bought in” at the end of the day, losing their short shares and then come in the next day unexpectedly long and then have to re short. If you get a gap down in between you can lose a lot of money on whatever you were hedging. . It’s all automated and has nothing to do with bias but rather tha avaialbilty of shares to borrow and short. That’s why option put/call parity gets all screwed up, people pay a premium to short deltas with options. They hammer the calls and bid up the puts because the average schmuck can’t short the stock, only the big guys can. It was the easiest money I ever made selling those risk reversals and shorting the stock. I am almost never got bought in because I cleared Merrell Lynch and they had a huge stock loan dept.

I keep saying this, but being short stock does not always mean you want the stock to go down. You may be the one shorting the puts (me), or you may have gobbled up a ton of warrants, and you’re just hedging.

It’s not always a mind game. The structure of liquidity in the market prevails over fantasy david vs Goliath stories. Much, much bigger players doing things we have no idea about. 90% of short interest is just a hedge. The run up in price is purely a liquidity issue.
    this is all correct

except the liquidity is being taken away with GME though DRS , the liquidity fairy will be gone one DRS get closer to 100 percent of the non ETF, non banks owned free float.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Right, and the whole “gamma squeeze” thing is just the latest fad that will always have merit but it’s doomed to fail as a primary strategy like every other fad. It’s never that simple.

I still expect GME In low single digits at some point regardless of technical positioning. I’m sure Cohens trading branch is well hedged.
    It’s hard to pick a spot where people are long/short gamma, and where they will adjust deltas. Some do it every .05 on an auto hedge, some let it run the entire day. Pin risk is very real though.

It’s the same problem with all these indicators we talk about. Back as a young lad, I enjoyed reading the teradyne tape. Looking for big prints. Never mind they had 2 minutes to print trades. But nowadays, where is the info coming from? You’d know better what the vendors are using to plug in. But short interest? Who knows, there are many exchanges, then there are crossing exchanges, so many more sources of data I question anything I’m looking at now as incomplete. And considering how hush hush the stocknnloan business is I’d give 0 relevancy e to any short interest indicater

I’m having trouble figuring this out

I believe I bought 90 shares of this stock and it now says I own 285.
    Is this a split and another split?
    The money lines up
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E71C01DE-563A-4E0A-9D15-0B641660F5C4.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	274.6 KB 
ID:	425664
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I can’t believe I’m answering this:

NASDAQ ANNOUNCES 3-FOR-1 STOCK SPLIT AND QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.20 PER SHARE

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    I can’t believe I’m answering this:

NASDAQ ANNOUNCES 3-FOR-1 STOCK SPLIT AND QUARTERLY DIVIDEND OF $0.20 PER SHARE
    How does a stock market index split?

GME was 3 to 1 dividend split.

A split would just mean you split the share into 4 shares.

A dividend means each shares was given 3 shares.

pure comedy at its finest!

Yes but dumb ass me is making money with my money

Go figure
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    How does a stock market index split?

It is not an index. Ndaq is an actual company.
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    It is not an index. Ndaq is an actual company.
    Wait, wut???

Wait, wut???

I’m not fucking around. No logo trucks there at the moment. They are swapped out daily
    This is one of the owners trucks. He he used be a cop in San Salvador. Now he works for or is affiliated with? - does the dirty work. Because they don’t give a shit about us

I would not post this unless I was 100%

Name:	376717B0-5CC9-4638-818E-56EE193371F3.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1,022.0 KB 
ID:	425688
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Funny it ended up in another thread. I’m gonna go at it now
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Hysterically laughing at your reflection. You don’t look suspicious at all 😆
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post

Name:	376717B0-5CC9-4638-818E-56EE193371F3.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1,022.0 KB 
ID:	425688
    100% as crazy as a bag of frogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    its did go up 44 dollars a share because GME went though a 3 for everyone dividend split after that point in time so 11 dollar rise was 44 dollars per each share back then. You are also forgetting that AMC value is now combined with APE as well. If your trying to punk me you should at least understand what you are talking about.

and yes you still are an idiot if you do not have position in either. GME with the amount of shared being DRS (up to 52 percent) represents people fighting back in mass. When the squeeze finally happens I can not wait to hear how "lucky" I am.

I have no plan to quit my day trading over it(since day trading for me has been solid income for 2 year + now and I am doing better in the sideways/bear market than the bull market) but I frequently trade GME, AMC and Now APE while still holding. APE yielded 20 percent on friday and another 5 percent today as day trades. To put it bluntly the shorts are trapped and have been trapped since early 2021. If they were not trapt the price of these companies stocks would be nearly zero because as companies they are not great.
    Ok, I’ll give you that I was looking at an adjusted chart. Regardless, pretty sure my point still stands. They’re both shitty companies that have been bleeding cash for a while. You can talk all the squeeze you want, it still stands they both are down considerably and have tried to pivot to alternate business strategies that are also failing.

GME November 1, 2021 $50.02
    GME today $25.14

AMC November 1, 2021 $27.36
    AMC + APE today $13.11

“Your an idiot if you don’t have a LONG position in GME/AMC at this point in time”

Is two weeks long? GME earnings after the bell tomorrow…

As an aside, MTT’s posts today made me smile after a long hot day at work.

Wait, wut???
    NDAQ is the company that runs the exchange where stocks are bought and sold. The so called nasdaq index is tracked by one or more other index funds (like QQQ).

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    NDAQ is the company that runs the exchange where stocks are bought and sold. The so called nasdaq index is tracked by one or more other index funds (like QQQ).
    MTT’s purchase of NDAQ is an Alpine Zone level of inside jokes that always reels one in. (In this case apparently 2.)

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Sorry… still not following. Maybe you have some links that explain it in detail? A flow chart to help me visualize? (Not sure what Q has to do with any of this, but I’m open to hearing about his role.)

^^ Well played

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    I’m not fucking around.

Would you say you're committed enough to make this your signature? A demonstrative action like that can really lend credibility.

GME up 12% on “partnership” with FTX. Sound familiar?