Page 376 of 729 FirstFirst ... 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,400 of 18222
    So they are too big to fail. The company I mean - not the things they make.

There is a hudge barrier to entry in the manufacturer of commercial airliners. BA company culture or at least the management is bottom of the barrel but odds are the company turns around.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I know I could just do some internet searching of my own - but there are smarter mags here with the intel - how much of Boeing's business is in products for the military?
    Well, lets put it this way: Production of F-18 derivates (E/F,Growler) is getting run down in the coming years with very limited number of new orders, F-15 production even worse, P-8 Poseidon production has some potential..maybe. Add to the woes with the QC with the tankers so...yeah, plane segment in defence are not doing particularly well..

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

Who will bankrupt first? Shale company or weed company. I'm thinking weed.

The sons and daughters of the farm girls that made camera bags for Kodak in 1990 are aeronautical engineers today. Kodak sold the most valuable divisions first to pump up the stock. Now I seer that Kodak's hopes to survive by licensing the Kodak logo to a tee shirt company.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 4.54.26 PM.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	498.3 KB 
ID:	320616

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    https://www.naic.org/capital_markets_archive/110214.htm

The highest level ever reached on the VIX was 89.53 on October 24, 2008, at about the in crest of the financial crisis. The all time high on the VIX was reached on October 24, 2008 at 89.53 although it closed the day at only 79.13. The level of VIX is displayed over time in the chart below with the VIX reaching its all time peak by a considerable margin in October 2008.
    Ok, maybe you’re right.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    When my first test order for 10000 bags sold out and I asked about a reorder I was told management didn't think bags were "sexy". I told the product manager that i felt buying at $2.35 and selling out at $24 retail sounded sexy to me. Digital upper management was in bunker mode. Film division ruled. 100 year old Corps seem to rot from the top in the age of the MBA leaders. IME
    they are referenced in harvard business school courses explicitly for what you are describing. you’re not wrong.

History proves Republicans are terrible for the stock market.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2481/sto...e-by-president

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm going to liquidate all my equity positions and invest in bootstraps. Gonna be a HELL of a market for bootstraps in the next few years...

How much for just one bootstrap?

I know a guy in California that has extras for all his black friends.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I know I could just do some internet searching of my own - but there are smarter mags here with the intel - how much of Boeing's business is in products for the military?
    Off the top of my head I'd say 25% give or take.

Their civilian airliner order book is still pretty strong (for now).

IMO the sky isn't falling just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    I'll have my sales team get back to you.

It is my understanding that you require a multiple of bootstraps - at least two maybe.

I doubt one could pull oneself up by their bootstrap singular. Makes no sense.

^reference pic at end of last page

and, wooosh

Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Dude, they got to the point that their planes with gerryrigged software were falling out of the air, killing hundreds, and it almost took an executive order to ground that plane. It's taken many moons to fix that problem, and it seems that they are still far from it.
    I think that's where you're wrong. The problem was identified quickly and it really isn't that big of a fix. I'd say most of the delays have been bureaucratic in nature. And I hate this characterization that planes were "falling out of the sky."

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think that's where you're wrong. The problem was identified quickly and it really isn't that big of a fix. I'd say most of the delays have been bureaucratic in nature. And I hate this characterization that planes were "falling out of the sky."
    They weren’t falling out of the sky so much as flying directly into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    Well, lets put it this way: Production of F-18 derivates (E/F,Growler) is getting run down in the coming years with very limited number of new orders, F-15 production even worse, P-8 Poseidon production has some potential..maybe. Add to the woes with the QC with the tankers so...yeah, plane segment in defence are not doing particularly well..
    There's also the TX trainer.

They weren’t falling out of the sky so much as flying directly into the ground.
    Precisely.

Ted Striker wouldn't have crashed one.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    No, it really wasn't very quickly. Tell that to the families of the second planes passengers. And, If I remember right, it took the rest of the world to convince Trump to ground that plane, because the Boeing CEO was still resistant to that. We could have had a third.
    Oh, and remember how the pilots were blamed at first? Very Trumpian. But I'll let a much better authority tell you about that: https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a9162386.html

Sullenberger writes: “These emergencies did not present as a classic runaway stabilizer problem, but initially as ambiguous unreliable airspeed and altitude situations, masking MCAS.

“The National Transportation Safety Board has found that Boeing made faulty assumptions both about the capability of the aircraft design to withstand damage or failure, and the level of human performance possible once the failures began to cascade.”

He accuses Langewiesche of minimising “fatal design flaws and certification failures that precipitated those tragedies, and still pose a threat to the flying public”.

“Pilot training and insufficient pilot experience are problems worldwide, but they do not excuse the fatally flawed design of the MCAS that was a death trap.”

He lambasts both Boeing and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for approving the MCAS design.

“We need to fix all the flaws in the current system — corporate governance, regulatory oversight, aircraft maintenance, and yes, pilot training and experience. Only then can we ensure the safety of everyone who flies."

And, if it's "not that big of a fix", then why aren't they flying?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    And, if it's "not that big of a fix", then why aren't they flying?
    As I said, mostly bureaucracy. In this case bureaucracy is called for, but the delay has been driven by the FAA, not Boeing fixing the problem.

I think there's already at least one entire thread about this, so probably don't need to discuss it more here.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Who will bankrupt first? Shale company or weed company. I'm thinking weed.
    Weed. I agree

Which industry has better paid lobbyists to get fed bailout money?

I'm betting oil has more than weed.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.